Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai introduced himself to James Turner and Seraphina when it was appropriate to do so, "John, Sarah, Nice to meet you both, My name is Mordechai but everyone can just call me Morde or Moti if it is easier."

Quickly moving past the compliments, Mordechai answered James Turner with "I have always been more of a Robert Smith then a Morrissey but the Smith's were definitely a staple of the clubs I used to frequent in college." He paused considering, a little twinkle entered his eye before he continued. "I just realized that sentence might be super confusing to most people. He let out a chuckle. "Personally I went for the industrial, always liked the pioneers of the genre. Skinny Puppy, Ministry, Nitzer Ebb, Einstürzende Neubauten. That kind of thing. What about you John?, you a batcaver at heart?"

He listened quietly as Kaze introduced himself to the others and the group flowed with various bits of conversation. When the attention naturally turned back to himself he answered Kaze and Seraphina together since they asked similar questions. After letting out a nervous chuckle at Kaze's life insurance joke, or maybe it was just Kaze himself that made Mordechai nervous, He said with a tentative demeanor. "Great questions guys. Modern Funeral Services have become a Twenty billion dollar per year industry in the U.S. alone. The sad fact is, most people don't even know there are alternative options. We are programmed from basically birth that death is an uncomfortable topic that should be avoided and when a loved one passes, our job is to call the local mortuary, pay them a heap of money and feel confident that we did everything we could to send them off in an appropriate way. Death Education, is about engaging the public. Working to change the social perception and stigma around dying and educate the population regarding the rights and options that are available to them so people can start to make informed decisions about what they want for themselves when they do pass on. Embalming free green burials, Death plans, home visitations. I really want to shift back to the more ancient forms. He stopped talking abruptly and his cheeks yet again tinted red.

There were of course other motivations for Mordechai, a deeply held agenda that had no place in shared company. Maybe one day he would come to trust Kaze with his secrets but they were in no way meant for the sleepers.

He smiled looking down at the steaming black coffee on the table now back on to other topics. He nodded at Kaze's offer of a truck "Very generous of you. At the moment I only have a few suit cases but I will take you up on your offer if something comes up" and when it came up he says to Kaze "Oldies? Well we will have to do something about that. Won't we?" and to Seraphina "Jazz? I must say the sound of brass instruments have always grated on my ears." The admonishment was light hearted and given with a smile in a tone of jest. Almost as if Mordechai was starting to come out of his shell around all the beautiful people.
    • Member of the Caretakers.

2. Likes Ruach, Shane liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

James looked over at Chris, he was built, formidable, and held himself light a fighter. The way the balance was on his feet, the way he moved but he'd seen him twice before now, meeting officially for the first time and this was a coffee shop but he'd still be taking notes.

As the conversation with he and Seraphina went on and then a moment of recognition happened, though a wave of sadness passed over him as he'd been found invisible again. You were there for all of a minute before you had a panic attack and had to go smoke, stop picking at the wounds John. "Ahhh, that's where I know you from." Other than that OTHER place that is. "I was dressed as Muad'Dib, well my own version at least. You were there with..." he searched his mind, she'd been at that other place too but who had she been on Halloween? "...Oracle?" It was a question because he hadn't exactly kept that memory neatly stored with all the panic and anxiety.

"Movie night would be great, could do a theme or a series and do each in successive weeks. I have a record collection I could bring sometime. I'd have to ask Cassandra for a ride to bring it, it's one of the only things I splurge on for myself. Don't make a lot as a civil servant." He said with a laugh and a shrug, making it obvious he wasn't bothered by it. "A second venture, what is it if I may ask or is it a secret to be unveiled?" There was curiosity there, even if it was mundane the Darkling always had that itch and the need to scratch it.

"Well, what is your preference Mordechai? I don't want to assume a familiarity I haven't earned after all." He offered with a smile that only widened as the man spoke of John's great loves. It was hard to not age himself though, he was just an old soul that was all. "I think I would have likely attended the same clubs, I need to finish my degree at some point and get properly licensed." He reached up and pinched the bridge of his nose, no rest for the wicked.

"I agree, I think The Cure is better over all and more consistent to boot. I actually think I have a Ministry shirt in my wardrobe too. I was less into industrial but still enjoyed it. Though I was more into Stabbing Westward or Gravity Kills. Oh I am a batcaver heart and soul. I think you would have liked the Halloween party honestly, very much in the scene." He couldn't help but chuckle, the conversation putting him at ease, helping him relax. He did so love his music. That explains a lot. When you're right, you're right.

He nodded along as Mordechai spoke not interrupting as it seemed to be turning more into a social circle than a one-on-one but he kept his distance in case it wasn't welcomed. Not wanting to intrude, at least not so directly. Sera already carving the opening the Darkling couldn't or wouldn't himself.

"Makes sense. Most people have a hard time with endings even if they are inevitable. I've always believed that you should be ready to say Goodbye anytime, that way if something happens your friends and loved ones are ready and prepared." Prepare your Farewells little shadow. A shiver running down his spine as she seemed to invade his thoughts once more. Death would be a lucky end compared to the alternative and he was likely to die forgotten in the hedge somewhere, he'd already accepted that long ago. "Be careful, those other professionals might want to protect their wallets. No good deed, right?"

Winter, a cynic? Surprising no one. "I think most of the bands we'd just listed would be considered oldies by modern standards. Or, what is it, classic rock?" He couldn't help but shake his head, time creeped ever onward. "Jazz is alright, goes well with a cigarette I will say that. Well at least if we're talking darker, moodier jazz. Something to go along with a rain storm." Yea, definitely a goth kid through and through.

Goes by the name: John

4. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Wow. Amazing to look at and listen to and apparently a nice person too. It's really nice of her to try to put everyone at ease. I mean, I guess she works here, probably owns the place or at least manages it. So it is technically her job, but she seems to be genuinely concerned with helping everyone to relax.

Sarah. Her name is Sarah. Or at least that's her coffee shop name. It would be smart to give out something that would be stalkers couldn't use to try to cyber stalk her.

"I love movies." Kaze volunteers, surprising himself. He had been intending to just listen. "I would definitely come to a movie night." He explains.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks! Superman is a favorite of mine." Kaze responds to Sarah's warm recognitions. He doesn't say anything about her being 'steam punk'. He is only vaguely sure he knows what that is. Like, they're talking about punk music, right? But she said she's into jazz?

"Yeah. Life...life's been good since then. Really interesting." Kaze says, grinning a little bit of a goofy grin. Meeting Jennifer was definitely the highlight of that night for him. He was so glad Skye dragged him to it.ds

"Wow. What kind?" Kaze can't help asking when Sarah says she's into jazz. "Like, old school? Ella? Louie?"

Eulogy introduces himself as Mordechai, and that just...he can't believe it's his True Name. At least, he hopes it's not.

"Oh. Yeah..." Kaze nods thoughtfully as Eulogy lays out the timeline for when someone dies, like normally, in your family. He doesn't mention how everyone tries to feed you or talk to you, put you on the spot, like they're patting themself on the back for offering you comfort, but really, they want you to comfort them. How exhausting...and isolating it is. Like, his mom was gone, but somehow he was the ghost.

"You're right...people have no idea." Kaze says, nodding again and managing a smile, letting the surge of melancholy dissipate. He didn't want to discourage the guy from his passion.

"Count on it." Kaze says, grinning now when Eulogy thanks him for the offer of his truck and back to move things. "I'll be disappointed if you need to move and don't call me."

The guy, John is looking at him with that familiar sizing up look. Which...reminds him of something...? Does he know this guy?

He says he was at the Halloween party at the club. Sure...and he mentions Jenna's costume, which brings an immediate, broad grin to Kaze's face. "Yeah, that's right. We're going out now. That's where we met." He volunteers, somehow feeling like it's the intoxicating effect of Sarah's presence making him a little more free with the details than normal, reminding him of the rush of good feelings and endorphins he gets when he thinks about Jenna.

But wait, that's not it. He remembers John being there, that night. On the top of the...whatever that was. He was listening, when Skye was airing her feelings to Jennifer, and now he definitely remembers John being there, dressed up in a nice suit. Talking about 'stories'...and shapeshifters?

Kaze returns the more direct, sizing up look, not a full stare though, not to be rude. "I feel like I saw you somewhere else too, in a nice suit. Like a story telling time." Kaze says, smiling. "I didn't catch much of the stories, but it sounded like you're good at it." He complimented. The guy is better at doing the 'gray man' than Kaze is; he almost didn't remember him!

Kaze nods with uncharacteristic gravity when John talks about saying good bye anytime. "Yeah. Tell them you love them. Or show them. Every time. You want the last thing you say or do to be...a good memory." he says in an almost fond tone of reminiscence.

Kaze shrugs, "Classic rock is cool. I like older stuff too. Like Sinatra, 'The Way You Look Tonight'."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

6. Likes , Shane liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

As Liam ducks through the doors of the coffee shop, he already feels at home. The strong, acidic smell of bean juice brewing, the soft lights hovering just above his head, and he could just barely see past the counter to an expansive patio with...was that the party tree from The Lord of the Rings? It was the perfect blend of outdoor serenity and concrete jungle snugness.
    It isn't long before he notices Seraphina behind the counter, flowers and all, and strides up with a grin.
    "Hello! I've got to say, this place is wonderful. Love the setup."
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

8. Likes , Ruach liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Mordechai? And she thought Seraphina was a mouth full, this guy wins. “Pleased to meet you Mordechai.” But it had a unique and interesting sound to it.

Then she listens, taking in his words. “It really is a shame there is such a stigma surrounding death. I’ve always enjoyed the way other cultures celebrate it. Some even holding festivals to celebrate their loved ones life and helping them pass over. I think it can be beautiful.” But, death had never caused a great fear in her. It was there, it was something they would all face. It was why she lived for the moment. “I think it’s wonderful you’re helping families in that way.” Some never took death well.

Laughing, “The sound isn’t for everyone. But maybe you just haven’t heard any good jazz.” She jests back.

Looking to John, “I had been meaning to ask you about your costume that night. It was really creative, I enjoyed it.” Meaning to ask, and time had once again, gotten away from her. She felt bad, but what could she do? "How much longer on your degree?" she knew those could take years to finish.

“Oh! Now that is a wonderful idea! Something lighthearted, maybe comedies? Or musicals?” you could tell her brain was working out details. “And a record collection? We’re going to have to compare records sometime then! I found this great little record store down town and the variety was never-ending! Too many to choose from.” She says with a laugh. “Records are such a treasure to splurge on.” They had one of those sounds that you couldn’t find on CD’s. “I’ve been selling some of my dress designs, the ones I don’t use myself! It’s actually doing quite well, which I’m a little surprised at. But I’m sure once school starts back up and all that I won’t have nearly as much time.” Best get some done.

“The older jazz is more enjoyable in my opinion. Though blues is perfect for singing.” It would always be her go to genre for music.

Smiling to Chris, “I’d love to have you join us!” maybe she could turn it into a charity event.

But that goofy grin? There was something behind it. A girl maybe? Or a boy. Whichever.

And there it is! Him and the girl from Halloween are dating! An excited smile, “That’s great to hear! Congrats!” she would always cheer on a love story. It was so hard to find these days.

It was hard to miss the giant as he entered. One cannot be that tall and hard to miss. Smiling, “Hey! Good to see you! Welcome! And thank you!” proud of her coffee shop. “Can I get you something to drink?”

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

10. Likes , BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

"I'll take an iced chai latte if I can, please".
    The Vernal Sovereign's welcoming smile and dazzling charm yet again warms the Ogre's heart. Sacramento was really starting to feel like home.
    As he awaits the angel crafting his drink, Liam takes a moment to look over the other patrons. The two gentlemen at the table he doesn't recognize, and they don't appear to have a visible Mantle.
    Mundies, I guess.
    But the other figure with the leaking skeletal visage he did recognize. Liam raised his hand in a simple "hello", unsure of wether the Winter King was truly off the clock, or simply mingling with the commoners.
    Best to not step on any toes if I can avoid it. Especially with boss lady around.
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

12. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Answering James Turner with a glint of mischievousness he said "Oh I am easy. My preference is to make others happy so whatever you feel is most appropriate will be just fine John." Moving to the next topic Mordechai nodded and added his piece. "The club scene feels like a life time ago. What type of work do you do? You said you needed a license?" Over heard him say he was a civil servant, needs a degree and license, could be a social worker, cop a myriad of others. Maybe a potential future contact for my mundane business. He thought.

He nodded at James Turner during the conversation regarding music and Halloween. "Sounds like a hoot. I'm sorry I missed it. Spent my Halloween with some really cool people exploring a graveyard. Kind of sounds cliche now that I hear myself say it. Oh well it was fun."

Mordechai let the conversation about his philosophy on death lay where it was. There is usually more harm then good when he overburdens people with information all at once. The general consensus of the gathered people is one of agreement. If any of them had more questions Mordechai was sure there would be ample time in the future to address them specifically. Besides the other conversations are quite lovely and this feeling of spring keeps my spirit filled with happiness. Although he could never sever his connection to Stygia he could ignore it for an hour.

He sat quietly drinking his coffee and listened to Kaze share his love of movies with Seraphina . He hadn't known Kaze for long but Mordechai got the distinct impression that the other mage was somewhat flustered. Could it be that even he is intimidated by the beauty of this woman? Does he not realize they are cut of the same cloth? he mused.

He just smiled and shook his head not having a single reference to add to the jazz conversation. His head swiveled to the door when the largest person Mordechai had ever seen walked in, or more accurately, crouched in. He flicked his eyes to Kaze , the universal sign for "Look over there' and raised an eyebrow. Being a trained will worker of outstanding capacity, Mordechai quickly composed himself as to not offer offence to the new comer. Liam Gelt
    • Member of the Caretakers.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

Even after sizing the man up he found that he was friendly and easy to talk to. It put him at ease and let him relax a bit, just seemed this was a conversation between friends at a coffee shop. Maybe he was an MMA fighter or instructor and they lived normal lives, just because he held himself like a fighter meant he was here to cause any problems. Chuckling even as he said Superman was a favorite movie of his, “That tracks judging by the costume. Maybe the first two Reeves Superman movies, there’s a fond nostalgia for those.”

He offered a jovial nod to the obvious Giant, hard to forget his appearance at Coronation even if they never got around to speaking directly. They were among strangers in an open gathering so he’d made the extra effort of hiding himself from onlookers in case the Hunstman had sent agents. One could never be too careful. John offered Kaze a smile, he knew exactly how Kaze felt. That feeling of new love…

No, John stop. You’re going to be the reason this comes out. Well of course, this is all new to you. “Congratulations, I wish you a happy and healthy future.” Genuine from the Darkling, this was the season for such things after all. Nodding along with Sera, “Yea The Day of the Dead is a beautiful celebration with such a nice sentiment. Please, wasn’t any thing special just stuff I had lying around mostly. Oh, yea Paul Atredies from Dune. I just went with a gothier look.” He said with a chuckle cause he’d pulled pieces from his club outfits for it.

“Not much longer, I’d almost finished before life took me in a different direction.” He said with a weak smile, though inside he was fighting to keep those memories and the emotions associated with them at bay. He’d been taken in a direction, that was for sure.

5 successes

“Alright then Mordi it is. Doesn’t it?” He said with a chuckle and shake of his head, perhaps being ironic. “Social Worker, I work in addiction recovery but I don’t have a license to practice therapy at the moment. But, it seems like I’m going to be here for a time so I thought maybe it was time to move forward with my life. Besides, this way I can help more people I’ll likely stay with the specialty I have now but can see additional clients as well.”

A nod and a smile though there was a tickle at the back of his head, needing information for security. “Oh, what graveyard? It’s been years since I’ve done that but I haven’t really integrated myself in the scene here.” A small shrug, both his roles kept his life plenty busy after all, conversation shifting to movies.

“I’m partial to 80s movies, especially their comedies. I mean Police Academy alone will fill a month and a week. I think there’s only five of them at least.” Then she mentioned her record collection and the Darkling showed more life in his face and voice than he ever had, at least when he wasn’t lying. “Oh I’d love that. I think we shop at the same record store actually, used bookstore within walking distance yea?

“I mean if I had to guess what it was that was definitely going to be it. Congratulations, I’m sure you’ll be over the moon the first time you see one of your designs in a magazine. You’ll have to have a copy laying about, see if we can guess which one it is.”
    He said with a smile, the Darkling couldn’t helped he liked little challenges like that to keep his skills sharp.

James had taken his time to think about Chris’ question, those dark brown eyes looking at the other man a smile tugging at the corner of his lips. Was this an invitation to dance? Bringing the coffee cup up to his lips he took a sip before he returned to his resting position stiff and still. “Oh, glad you appreciated the suit I went to the extra effort that night. Good first impressions and all, you have a keen eye for masterwork I will say.” Unable to help himself by having all the compliments about Sera not be directed at her. He didn’t want to out her if she didn’t want to.

“Thank you. I enjoy getting to know people, hearing their stories. Perhaps another time I can get yours.” Offering the man a smile, it was a genuine offer but he couldn’t promise he wouldn’t get distracted or roped into another game that evening. “Not a big Sinatra guy, I don’t understand the appeal.” He shrugged leaving it at that, people could enjoy what they wanted and not wanting to start an unnecessary argument. His track record there was pretty poor though.

Goes by the name: John

16. Likes , BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

The cafe door opened again, and Ram's horned head peaked through with a slight dusty halo. He looked around the area quickly, before he spotted Sera and his broke into a smile. She was apparently what he'd been looking for because he only bodily entered after seeing her.

Or maybe it was between her her looks, her voice, and her mantle Ram didn't actually notice anyone before her.

"Hey, Sarah," he said loudly as grinned and waved "I got good news." His hand touched a particularly low hanging wisteria vine and he seemed to flinch away for a second, as if afraid he might have accidentally brought down the whole trellis. However, he quickly recovered and smiled again. Though he did seem more careful not to bump any tables.

As he took his place at the counter, Ram was a little surprised when he recognized John with his Mask raised and even the new giant freeholder.

"Hey, James," he greeted the Darkling. That was the man's 'mortal' name right? He hoped he'd gotten it right. The other costumers seemed easy going but Ram didn't want to cause awkwardness if they'd been talking under a different alias. The athletic guy looked the understanding sort, so Ram didn't worry too much.

"And hi," he said to Liam "I'm Andrew. Nice to meet you."
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

18. Likes , BoxingUnicorn, Orianna, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze notices the giant, I mean how could he not? He looks, not staring, not rude, but not hiding his interest either. He's seen a giant before, and they weren't really all that well balanced or even strong looking. This guy isn't like that. He looks like he can handle himself. He also looks like he's in a good mood, so good; let's not do anything to spoil that. Kaze turns his interest back to the conversations that involve him, smiling. Not all his interest though. He still keeps an ear out for whatever the happy giant wants to tell about himself.

Somehow Sarah makes Mordechai's name sound like music, so sweet Kaze has a momentary impulse to tell her his True Name, just to hear her say it. Yeah, not a good idea, and not happening, but it would be sweet to hear.

She says some encouraging things about helping families deal with loss to Eulogy.

And she stands up for horns in jazz or in general, which warms his heart to hear. Good for her.

She compliments the guy, 'John' on his costume, which Kaze still doesn't recognize from memory or context what it was all about. 'Dune'?

And yeah, her taste in movies doesn't sound like a John Wick marathon is in the offering, but it's all good. He'd gladly come anyway.

It's funny how he's into old time big band music, but only in digital format, while they are going fan over vinyl. It's cool. He doesn't mention his preference.

Oh. Okay, yeah of course, she sings. Wow, hearing her sing the blues would be...pretty awesome. Who's he kidding, hearing her sing anything would be pretty great!

She smiles a ten thousand watt smile, full of genuine welcome, and says he's invited. He's not sure what to, but he's sure he'll come. Jenna too, probably, if it's at night.

"Thanks! That would be great!" Kaze says in quick acceptance of the invitation.

"Yeah. It's great. Thanks!" He says again when she cheers him on in his new relationship! He grins again! Yeah he definitely needs to only come here with Jenna from now on.

She offers the big guy a drink, and he accepts, and then he looks over at him and Eulogy, and his eyes keep going like whatever he's looking for, they both aren't it. Then they hit 'John'. And stick. Interesting.

Eulogy seems to be doing pretty well talking up and connecting, especially with John. Which actually speaks pretty well of John.

A hoot. Wow. Is that...like, a Midwest thing? The way Eulogy talks is throwing him off, distracting, not irritating, but kind of mysterious, like there's a reason for it, and he doesn't know what it is. Exploring a graveyard. Sure. Okay.

Eulogy notices the giant, and looks over at Kaze, who lets it show that he noticed the guy too, and isn't worried, but might be a little interested.

John seems pretty chill, now, like maybe he was feeling protective of this place. Or of Sarah. Makes sense. Kaze doesn't know her, and he even feels a little protective.

"Yeah, sentimental reasons." Kaze agrees when John suggests the older Superman movies were the inspiration for his costume. True. And it was the only Superman costume the shop had.

He seems unsurprised about the giant, but not exactly like this is a planned meet. Still, like he knew a giant was around. Interesting.

Day of the dead. Yeah, toys and candy and pictures of grandpa and grandma doesn't really seem to fit with what they're talking about, but whatever.

"Oh wow, that's great. I mean, that's a really good thing you're doing." Kaze says when John says he's a social worker helping addicts. He sounds genuinely impressed and appreciative. Nice to hear that under the tough guy thing, he's got a heart.

The 80's movies he mentions are tailored to Sarah's tastes, it seems. No Terminator there or even Blade Runner.

'Masterwork'. Sounds like a friend he had once talking about people making armor for a Ren Fair, not a suit for a party. Weird word. Sounds like at least he's saying it was hand made for him--which is expensive--and he knows the person who did it, so maybe paid for in a favor not money.

"Yeah, for me, 'Sinatra' is a big deal because my grandfather loved it. I don't know if it would be as big a deal for me if it didn't remind me of him." Kaze confesses. "Good memories."

ANother guy comes in, and calls out Sarah and...'James' by name. Interesting. Like this is a neighborhood thing; he wonders of all of them are regulars who live in the area?

Andrew is the name he gives. And he goes straight to the giant, like there's something there that him and Eulogy don't have. Kaze thinks about the neighborhood, and how maybe he needs to spend more time in it.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

20. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread