Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
181 - 190
DISPLAYED
Introduce Yourself

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 19 of 32 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... Last

Jennifer Hazelton

That's great, BoxingUnicorn . I'm biased for vampire as both a vampire player and storyteller for the venue. We'd be happy to have you. Changeling is also an amazing venue to play in.
    I'm not going to say it's not impossible- especially with obfuscate and larceny. Just a heavy long coat might look weird in 60 degrees. Temperature can range from 94 to 31, so it could be tried. As long as you are okay with having the weapon confiscated and paying a few hundred dollars for a ticket when it's discovered, as that's happened in the past. It is possible to hide smaller weapons with more ease. That happened in a past Hunter game.
    Do you have any questions about the venues or the site rules?

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

So far it seems pretty straightforward, and the Storytellers have been very open about rules and regulations. I've been reading up on the system in preparation and I'm really happy with how it's laid out. I think the biggest thing for me is figuring out Scenes; I'm not as familiar with play-by-post format.
    The trenchcoat and longsword is more of a carryover from Angel that I've always had in the back of my head when it comes to urban fantasy. If I never get around to it, no big deal. If I do, I'll have checked something special off my bingo card.
    And thanks so much for the welcome. Once I've dipped my toes into Chronicles of Darkness I'll likely hope over to Vampire-land to try out the lore there.

4. Likes pisces, , Mark liked this post
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

Learning how the site works, especially the scenes, comes with time I think. But, we've all been there and will help in anyways we can! Here is the LINK to it in the Wiki, might help. Or you can join us on Discord and we can try and help there too! Looking forward to playing with you!

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

I agree with Orianna. The wiki is a great place to start. If you have a question on what to do in a scene, its a great idea to ask in the discord. Have you joined the discord yet, @Boxing Unicorn?

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

I wasn't aware there was a Discord! I'll join up right away. Thanks for the wiki link as well.

10. Likes pisces, Ruach liked this post

Oh, uh.. not to be presumptuous or anything, but if the Wiki link was news to you I'll just drop this link as well. It's a step by step guide to follow when you're ready to submit your character.

It may seem like a lot, but it's just very thoroughly explained and just makes sure that you don't miss anything. Trust me, follow every link even if you think you've already done what the box is talking about

12. Likes Origins, Sanityawol, pisces, Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Hello I am Sam,
    I play a lot of pen&paper games in a variety of systems but oWoD and nWoD are the ones I like the most.

I will probably play in the Vampire game for the most part since I play that game with a real life group as well and because it's the only rulebook for nWoD I own. I will drop a message into character ideas later today or tommorrow but wanted to introduce myself here first.
    I was thinking of maybe creating a ghoul character if I can find another player that would want to take me in even if I am unsure if that really is that great of an idea since I will stay a ghoul for a long time quite possibly.

I am no english native, so if I make grammatical errors or write sentences that are hard to understand I would appreciate it if any of you can tell me so that I can fix those.

Other than that are there other things I should read up on, besides all those faqs and introductory links I have been sent? (Like some info on how I can learn my way around the forums, or some links on the common etiquette within this community.)

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Welcome! Yes! Definitely read all the linked wiki entries! There are house rules and best practices that you should definitely follow to make things work the best for our Story Tellers!

Also, come hang out on our Discord channel! https://discord.gg/tEXka8B

Hello I am Sam,
    I play a lot of pen&paper games in a variety of systems but oWoD and nWoD are the ones I like the most.

I will probably play in the Vampire game for the most part since I play that game with a real life group as well and because it's the only rulebook for nWoD I own. I will drop a message into character ideas later today or tommorrow but wanted to introduce myself here first.
    I was thinking of maybe creating a ghoul character if I can find another player that would want to take me in even if I am unsure if that really is that great of an idea since I will stay a ghoul for a long time quite possibly.

I am no english native, so if I make grammatical errors or write sentences that are hard to understand I would appreciate it if any of you can tell me so that I can fix those.

Other than that are there other things I should read up on, besides all those faqs and introductory links I have been sent? (Like some info on how I can learn my way around the forums, or some links on the common etiquette within this community.)

15. Likes Sanityawol, pisces, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Welcome Sam! If you have any questions feel free to reach out via Forum PM or in our Discord channel! See you in character!

Hello I am Sam,

17. Likes Sanityawol, Ruach, BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Welcome Sam!

There's a lot of helpful people here, I don't play vampire myself, but if you have questions there's tons of info in the wiki, the boards and of course in the minds of your fellow nwodders

19. Likes Sanityawol, BoxingUnicorn, Ruach liked this post
Page 19 of 32 First ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread