Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Mutual Perspective

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

A single Hotel in the cities skyline rose just a bit above the rest. The building boasted fully underground parking garage, a bar and restaurant on its first floors, and Quinn's favorite views of the city of the 4 penthouse suites. Each one a little different depending on what side of the building you are on. This view included a great view of the Sacramento river, and the city lights twinkled insistently in the distance.

She waited for Edward, fiddling idly with a key card in her hand. She hadn't intended on a private meeting like this one tonight, but there was some things she thought Edward might wanna know about anyway. The issues in the Domain. Considering he openly threatened her, she believed he may just have the chops needed to put this goddamn Jackal down. Either that or Edward sorely misjudged his own strengths and weaknesses. She would find out by hopefully putting him to work for the domain.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward was not long behind Quinn. He walked into the lobby feeling underdressed, easily spotting Quinn. The Beast made such things trivial.
    It felt a bit odd to say good evening again, so Edward went with something a bit more casual. "I hope I haven't kept you waiting too long, Quinn. Shall we?"

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn's smile returned as she spotted Edward walking towards her. She felt her beast snarl unhappily. A constant reminder that they were competing predators. The beast only felt rage or fear. That was really it. She hadn't been in the city long enough for some of that discomfort to pass. It took almost a decade to feel comfortable to some extent with the members of her former coterie. It never abated though. Unless she hid her beast, and so did they. It was easy enough of a trick, and could keep other supernaturals from ever noticing her. That of course was never a priority really of her SIre. Now, well, perhaps she'd consider it. Another time though.

She shook her head at his question. "No not at all. I hope you like the view." She said with a slight chuckle, and headed with him to the elevator. She let her hair fall in her face a bit as they were in the elevator. Painfully aware of the cameras. It didn't take long before the elevator doors finally whooshed open.

The first thing one noted was the floor to ceiling windows. The ultra modern decor tempered with warm woods, and of course plants. Cause nothing said homey to Kine like those damn ferns. The gas fireplafce was normally turned on, but she had requested it be turned off. Yeah...no thanks. Neither herself nor Edward needed any incidence with their beasts. Though she suspected she would struggle with it more than Edward.

"Would you like a drink? I had the concierage order a bottle of my favorite red wine and decant it." She said with a polite smile. Niceties should alsways be maintained. It prevented them from behving like animals. Well. Most of the time anyway...

image.jpg

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

(Drinking Wine)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

"I don't doubt I shall" Edward affirmed.

Edward maintained his perfect posture through the elevator ride. The Daeva do not hide.

"Please," Edward replied with a smile, turning to admire the view. He had vomited before coming, and he was prepared to do it again.

"It is a wonderful view, Quinn. You have excellent taste." He admired the sweeping, glittering sprawl below.

After accepting a glass of wine and taking a seat on one of the chairs, Edward puts words to what they couldn't before.

"I find myself curious as to the precise nature of what transpired when you, as you put it, 'read me.' If you would be so kind as to educate me, then afterwards, I shall do what I can to relieve your own curiosity regarding whatever it was you were..." Edward trailed off, tilting the wine in his glass and giving it a measured stare. After a moment Edward murmured a single word, "prospecting," and returned his gaze to Quinn, repeating at a normal volume: "whatever it was you were prospecting for. I imagine if not details, then there may be some context that interests you." He took his first sip of the wine, subtly breathing in to allow the flavours retronasal access.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

(Imbibe)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn took care of the little things, and joined him. It really was the perfect view. The couch set up like incredibly comfortable theatre seating. You could paint such a view. In her case Sketch it. Photograph it. You would never get the same feeling as this. Sitting here actually seeing it.

She winced slightly as he began to speak. Taking a drink of her red wine. It was called 'The Conversation,' by Duckhorn. One of the best red blends she'd ever tasted. A hold over for when she could actually feel the effects of such libations.

"I read you because I wanted to make sure you were telling me the truth. I have a history with the First Estate. I am a bit more cautious with its members due to it. I don't hold any ill will or anything negative like that. I just know they only serve themselves and anything they want from you, you probably don't want to give them."

She chuckled a little at the offer. "You don't owe me context, Edward." She paused a moment. "You feel crappy about it. I mean you are bound to have some feelings about it all. I just cut to the chase to see if your statement was truly genuine or not." She paused and sighed.

"I tipped my hand because I couldn't help it. It's a double edged sword, and so so much worse. There is always a price for using such gifts." It was one of those things Quinn knew she would have to learn to live with. To eventually accept. She was more open to the hidden world now more than ever. And that psychic energy would find its lighting rod in her eventually. It was only a matter of time before visions she wasn't seeking struck her.

She looked at him then. "One thing I wouldn't mind understanding better is why having more Dragons in the Domain was so feather ruffling. I mean we don't try to convert the way say the Lance does, and we haven't committed ourselves to holy war against the Circle...." She spread her free hand a bit. "I can only guess that something in the past went badly."

6. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward took another sip, listening. The wine was excellent but inappropriately full-bodied for sipping without food. In a backhanded way, this subtle indication of quality without 'sophistication' emboldened Edward. As did Quinn's strange honesty. He nodded, slightly confused that she would decline, but happy to drop the issue.

Her statements about her power went over Edward's head, he hadn't the slightest idea what to make of it, and so he didn't comment.

"I wish to object against your characterization of the First Estate, and yet, in the final analysis, it would be trivial to spin a tragedy culminating in my exile where the fatal flaw is just that." He set his glass down, before continuing: "to be plain, I had, and have, no desire for power; I wish to serve. This wish of mine has more often than not been met with suspicion."

"As for the Dragons..." Edward chuckled, "if you reference my question when we first met, I was only making conversation. If I appeared annoyed, then you may rest assured that feeling was directed towards a different mutual acquaintance."

Edward fell silent; he had assumed there was something Quinn wanted to speak with him about. He had further assumed the subject was something to do with her reading, but her reply indicated his second assumption was wrong. After all, why offer telepathy or a discreet meeting place?

"I apologize for being so forward, Quinn, but I am left wondering whether there was some sensitive topic you had in mind or if you simply preferred privacy." If he was wrong, the question would be a heavy damper on the conversation. If he was right, it gave Quinn an opening to discuss whatever was really on her mind.

8. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn chuckled a little at his first statement regarding the First Estate. His first instinct was of course to defend them. Heh. Well, if he didn't, could he rightly consider himself a participating member? Probably not.
    She wondered if there was more to it than that. All because he wouldn't sign the blood oath Hazelton made? Could be more, but in the end it remains the same. Quinn nodded at the last bit.

"I can empathize with that. I thought I could just kind of fade to the background, mind my studies for both my Clan and Covenant and that would be that. Sacramento was a place to find my focus on the kind of Requiem I wanted for myself, but its not really working out like I thought." She just shook her head and took a sip of wine.

"Well that's good. I kind of wondered if there was something that had happened with Dirt Nap in the past that casted a certain light on the Dragons. I am glad to hear that is not the case." She nodded a bit. Though it was hard to believe Dirt Nap could piss anyone off, it wasn't impossible. His leaving the city was a personal blow. Was she just looking for a reason to feel this loss a little less? It was hitting closer to home than the Shadow liked to admit.

She nodded. "There is. I know you have missed some court of the last few months. There is a Jackal like creature that is killing kine who have experienced the kiss from Kindred that same evening. Causing masqerade breaches. Mr. Kowalsic brought up the issue in open court at the same time I was preparing to do the same. I ran afoul of this ...creature, and laid a trap for it. To see how it feeds and what I could get from observing it. It's stealthy enough that I even I struggled with keeping it in sight. I couldn't get a read on it.

"So I guess when you threatened me, the first thing that popped in my mind was, maybe you could help us set a new trap and bring this threat to a close."
    She wondered what he would think of her after that. That was the first thing that popped in her mind. Cause of course it was. How she could use him towards an end. Even a noble end such as keeping the domain from falling apart. "If this isn't taken care of soon, I fear human hunters will start bedding down in Sacramento soon. Looking for Kindred." If they haven't already. "Us, being currently, JC Smith and I. Dirt Nap was of course involved as well, but since he has left, we have lost a warrior to this cause."

10. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward listened as Quinn commiserated.

"No, as far as I am concerned, Mr. Clay and I are on good terms." Edward clarified it was someone else.

Edward leaned forward, closing his posture, and listened with intent. And there it was, Quinn admitting her outrage was, at least partially, an act. Good to know. She seemed much better at finding out the truth than hiding it. They were opposites in that regard. Her use of 'warrior' was interesting to Edward, Dirt Nap hadn't seemed the fighting type, but an off-hand comment from his Sire came to mind: 'Daeva fight, Gangrel kill.'

"It would be my pleasure to render assistance. I presume you have a plan?"

12. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

She nodded. "I do. First we will have a meeting with any others who have had any experience first hand or secondary information about the creature. From that point we will use a similiar trap that I had used to observe the creatrue. The same area even would be ideal. Poorly lit, on the outskirts of the main drags. Some room to manuever, and no prying eyes to care if there is a bit of a ruckus." She paused to take a sip of wine.

"I will be there in the Telecomunications fashion, being that I am the only one with Telepathic abilities. I will be able to keep us all on the same page until the jigg as the say is up. The creature is to stealthy for us to use text messages etc. I will be using my gifts to keep us all together, until we have no more need of stealth. I also want to get a proper aura reading this time in case this is something other than Kindred. I have a hard time buying that though. I suspect a Political motive."

She paused to watch him, wondering what he's thinking about all of this. For Quinn, it pissed her off some fucking anarchist thought that exposing them all to the unblinking eye of hunters was somehow honorable. The ends did not justify the means in Quinn's mind.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"While stealth is far from my forte when the time for subjugation arrives, you may rely upon me," Edward commented with easy confidence. "If you truly offer instant and silent communication, that eases a central concern of mine. I await with excitement the opportunity of operating under its aegis." Effective communication was the first and greatest defence during combat.

Edward didn't care a bit about motive, this wasn't how things were done. It wasn't proper, which is all that mattered. And if it wasn't Kindred? Well, as far as Edward knew, with enough cuts, swords killed everything.

"You will contact me when it is time to begin? Or do you already have a night in mind?" Edward took another sip, very glad he took the risk to ask. I must commission a spare blade or two...

15. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread