Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

A small half-smile tugs on the Dread Lord's lips, but his eyes are cold. "That's it. Concentrate on the Wyrd - the Stone leaves a lingering connection, allowing Changelings of the Freehold to know a kinship with one another. Nothing more - no direction, or location... only to tell friends - and those that do not have that connection are not of the Freehold. It does not work for Loyalists or threats... something to do with the first action where it was bound to the Freehold - the first binding was done by myself during the Fall Solstice at the height on Autumn's - my - power."

An eyebrow arches, though smile reaches the eyes this time. "Nothing so blatent - we stay somewhat loose. We hold celebrations on the Solstice of each season - next will be Spring, obviously. Benefits are minimal, but we can arrange accomodation and employment if either are needed. However, dues are similarly minimal. We expect members to pitch in, as it were, for the Freehold's protection from threats. At the moment, these consist of the two I mentioned. A breach in our cycle of monarchs raise the attention of a True Fae, the Huntsman, we have been in guerilla skirmishes with his followers for over a year, but so far no losses to us. And Anne - former Autumn Queen on the Pacific coast - has taken an interest in us. A fight last year ended in us removing her right hand Ogre, Iron Meg. Personally, I expect a reprisal of some kind - she is a powerful Autumn and khas knowledge of techniques including Fetchcrafting, which I find incredible... distasteful. Otherwise, any peculiarities one finds will usually raise a small band of curious individuals - helping is usually one's own motivations." He watches Roshon's reactions, and the breezes of his Mantle pick up again. "Though I hold Director, it is largely a simple position, guiding new members and those without courts to the Freehold, simple bindings," he waves a hand casually at the Wyrdstone, "and placeholding monarch should a throne be unfilled. We have seasonal monarchs for the arcane protections of the Freehold - if you have any questions or needs, feel free to come to me. I also make myself available for requests for occult or magical knowledge, as much as I can, for the Freehold. If you would prefer the reigning Monarch, that can be arranged - our Onyx King is a Darkling named John Turner. The incoming Spring Queen is Lady Seraphina, and the Summer Queen is, ah, Lady Circe." Another smile tugs at his mouth.

"Do you have any specific questions?"
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

2. Likes , liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien
    Roshon's true form is far more chaotic than even most other Lost, as they can at least claim to be symmetrical. Not so for Roshon. Sure, from the tips of the miniature blackbuck horns that sprout from her head, everything looks fine, but then it comes to her ears, with one being a fuzzy red panda tuft, and the other being like that of a dhole. Her eyes are like those a big cat, and though her hair is just as it appears with her mask, the fur of a striped hyena runs in a black and white mane down her spine. A pair of fangs lie beneath her lips, and a tiger tail sprouts from the base of her spine. Her hands are scaled like the feet of a bird, and if one is lucky enough to see her with boots off, a pair of mutant crocodile feet lie beneath.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

Sorry, dropped the ball

Well, that was a hell of a lot to process...

Still...

"What's the local hedge lookin' like? Any markets? Hob Barons? Particularly nasty beasties? Roshone asked, red panda and dhole ears perking up.

"Any, like, tariffs if I collect a lot of goblinfruit or something?"
    Roshona Dhar, Wizened: Miner/Chimera. Courtless. Striking Looks: Grand.

4. Likes Xadun, liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

A non-committal shrug is offered. "Largely wild. There are a fair numbe rof hobs around, and we have seen markets pass this way - though nothing permanent. Not enough of us to make it worth the time, really. Nothing so organised as a Baron, that I've seen." Rhodes idly twists a stray bud of green from his cuff and flicks it to the floor. "It's the Hedge. It's dangerous. Nothing especially dangerous to take note of, but both the main dangers acan pass though and have minions that can, so keep your head down. There was an orchard that grew fruit for potent sleeping draughts recently - used to capture mortals. That was Anne - a nasty business - but you might find the ruins if you look hard enough."

He shakes his head. "No tariffs - there's so few it makes little odds - though I'm sure you could easily trade favours for hedgefruits if you were inclined to go in there. Personally I don't if I don't have to - which is still more than I like. Fascinating place, many resources one cannot find anywhere else, unfortunately. Still, ever shifting, ever a danger. There are seevral that visit more often, if that interests you."
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

6. Likes liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien
    Roshon's true form is far more chaotic than even most other Lost, as they can at least claim to be symmetrical. Not so for Roshon. Sure, from the tips of the miniature blackbuck horns that sprout from her head, everything looks fine, but then it comes to her ears, with one being a fuzzy red panda tuft, and the other being like that of a dhole. Her eyes are like those a big cat, and though her hair is just as it appears with her mask, the fur of a striped hyena runs in a black and white mane down her spine. A pair of fangs lie beneath her lips, and a tiger tail sprouts from the base of her spine. Her hands are scaled like the feet of a bird, and if one is lucky enough to see her with boots off, a pair of mutant crocodile feet lie beneath.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

"Yup, very much interested. Names, date of birth, address...Just kidding," Roshon replied with a little smile. "Names are fine. Or phone numbers, if you have them. Might have to organize a little expedition. But, um, otherwise, I guess I'll just try to settle in? Seems like the Freehold is pretty lax. Which, ya know, in my book is a good thing."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

He gives out a wry chuckle. "Most peole have mine. I can put out some feelers and see, and pass along those that are willing." She was in the Freehold, that didn;t meen just throwing out contacts to anyone. He was a cautious creature by nature.

A small nod. "On the whole. If you spot anything dangerous, let me know and we can put some eyes on it." He rises off the edge of the desk. "If you hang around there enough you'll spot some of our regulars. Otherwise, yes. Best of luck settling in. If it turns out you need something or have any questions, just let me know."

Sounds like everything - shall we wrap it up?

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

"A'ight, well, you got my number," Roshon replied with a shrug. "If you need mechanical help, or something else, hit me up. Otherwise, pass my digits around and, I dunno, guess I'll see you around.

Good to close, thanks for the scene!

10. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Likewise." The Dread Lord gestured one arm from to the door, making no movement to rise or leave himself.

His icy mantle began to circle around him.

No problem. Don;t forget to amend your sheet to reflect Status 1

12. Likes liked this post

Roshon
    Striking Looks
    (Grand)
    Roshon

Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Miner Chimera

Exit stage left!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread