Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

“I’m planning on revisiting the bar,” JC said. It wasn’t research exactly but he figured they might as well know. “See if I can’t dig anything up.”
    Since this is tied to Unpassed conversations, I’m a bit iffy on the timeline but since JC hasn’t mentioned it before now I’ll say it hasn’t happened yet.

“I’m also willing to join the hunt. I’ve got martial training and know a bit about tracking prey.” He didn’t like the idea of killing but whatever it was had caused two deaths already. That didn’t even include the lingering guilt JC had at his own part played in the sad events.
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

2. Likes pisces, , Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice nods, strings pulled and jerking, absorbing the information.

"Considering what we spoke of the last time you were in my office Dirt Nap, i should hope you would want to be apart of this hunt." her lips twist, a widening, a sharpening of the lines. An approximation, of a facsimile of a smile. "In our last conversation I offered the Reeveship to Dirt Nap." She was still unaware of what traspired between the Cowboy and the Prince, but Ale hadn't come to her telling her that Dirt Nap was barred from the position. "To my knowledge it falls to him to accept or decline Simone Perez's offer."

Turning her face, and her obvious attention towards the others, "Your skills in stealth as well as your intelligence have brought this issue to our attention, and I would not dream of asking you to cease your involvement with this...Jackal, be it following the trail, or leading the interrogation."

To JC, another smile, or maybe the same one. Fitting like moldy bread in the Senechal's mouth. "I've always trusted the Skills of Clan Gangrel."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

4. Likes Ruach, pisces liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens carefully to what both Quinn Durant and J.C. have to say. Then he listens carefully to Alice Hart. The Seneschal tells it a little different than he had thought things had happened. Encouraged him to ask about the Reeve position is how he'd thought of it. Directed, maybe even. He didn't recall any kind of offer...not even of support, exactly. He got the feeling it was if anything more like she'd been curious what would happen, and determined that he'd find out for her. He should have let her know how it came out.

"Seneschal Hart, I apologize, Ma'am. I should have told you myself, I did meet with The Prince, and ask about the office. She didn't say 'no', but she definitely didn't make any appointment. I guess I could say I'm 'in the running'." He explains.

"She did give me permission to report to her about investigations I get involved in, and what I did and what happened in general."

He nods when she says she'll include him. "Thank you, Ma'am. Seneschal Hart."

He looks to Quinn Durant, and says "I accept whatever help your Clan offers, including Ms. Perez helping to take down this thing, as it's a direct threat to the domain."

6. Likes , pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn wanted to swat Dirt Nap in that moment, and also praise him. In the same breath. On the one hand, it wasn't as if anyone else was clamoring for the Reeve position that she'd seen so basically it was literally his for the taking in her eyes. It wouldn't kill him to accept the compliment and confidence the Seneschal just gave him. On the other hand, being honest over the exact nature being more of a try out than a direct appointment could cushion the fallout if he somehow fucked it all up. Quinn found that idea hard to swallow, but it was possible.

Quinn would love to help run it to ground, but she doubted her effectiveness, and she couldn't forgive herself if she was a liability. If it were anything less serious than Masquerade breaches, she would trust Dirt Nap and even JC to help her learn along the way. This was pretty bad though. How long before the human media cried 'Serial Killer.' How long before hunters got wind of the exact details of the deaths? She pulled herself out of the thoughts she was having. Worrying wasn't strategy. It was wasted energy.

"Thank you Seneschal Hart." She nodded in respect to her.

"Since no blood hunt has been called, " Yet. " Our options are either gather more intel and see if there is more than one Jackal, what are the extent of its capabilities? Has there ever been something like this in our cities history before or nearbye areas? Or set a trap and get the Jackal and make sure there aren't more through direct interrogation. I would usually go with the former rather than the latter or both ideally, but I am a bit concerned of this drawing out any longer at the same time. If the police go on high alert for a Serial Killer, and concerned citizens start paying more attention, we will be up the creek."

She looked at Dirt Nap, concern in her features. There was none of Quinn's usual quirks. "What do you think Dirt Nap?" She looked to J.C as well. "Your psychological background could be of use here as well J.C. What are your thoughts?"

8. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Dirt Nap had been offered the position of Reeve? JC glanced momentarily towards his friend. It sounded like there might be some miscommunications going on. Alice certainly seemed to consider Dirt Nap to be filling the position, even unofficially. The same might be the case with the Prince too. And JC was a little surprised the Dragon wasn’t doing more to solidify that given his volunteering for Priscus. Maybe something more was going on? He’d have to ask later in private.

Alice’s smile felt like she was mocking him with her ‘trust’. Quinn’s question also felt like it held the taste of mockery which enraged him. He hoped it was just the tainted curse of both women influencing his thoughts and tried to clear the paranoia to answer the question.

“It’s hard to say. Profiling relays on models and statistics that don’t really have Kindred as part of the data pool. If it even is Kindred,” he gave as disclaimer before continuing

“This doesn’t… feel like a serial killer. While both victims had been fed upon as a potential connection, it was done quickly. No indication of ritualistic behavior or gratification. These feel more like assassinations. And that would mean political rather than pathological motive.”

1 success

1 success

10. Likes , , pisces, Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Which is what Alice had expected when she brought the possibility to Ale. Dirt Nap wasn't denied, which was as clear to Alice that Ale was shouting at her fellow Savage to prove his worth. Opportunity enough to hope, or hang.

Though, right now his humbly ernest manner might be a detriment. "Currently," she says. Not stressing it, "The only horse in the race." there was always more Kindred to try their luck, if the horse she made her wager on fails to live up to expectations.

"There has always been the strange and unusual drawn to Sacramento." she begins, "From former Reeves, turned Draugr worshiped by Belial's Brood," a threat, a warning? A hope to prompt vigilance and actions...? "Too Alchemists with their eldritch abominations. So, no. It is not out of the realm of possibility that such a thing had happened before. Though, I do not have an immediate example." a bowed head, invisible strings lulling and pulling taut, an approximation of an apology. "We do need to expedite it's capture and integration." Alice says, distant. Faint, her voice a hollow hum, "Hunters are ridiculous pests and I do not wish to deal with another infestation."

Everything Alice does is cast in a hue of artificial mockery. Whether there is truth to it, or if it's entirely up to the observer to determine.

2 successes
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

12. Likes pisces, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is still and listening and staring intently as Quinn Durant and then J.C. speaks.

Then when Alice Hart speaks, Dirt Nap nods, "Yes, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." He says, not unlike a servant receiving an order, his tone implying he will see the task faithfully completed.

He looks around. "Well. Seeing as Mister Kowalsic seemed to already be involved. What do you all think of bringing him in on this trap we intend on setting up? If there is any kind of rivalry there, it shouldn't interfere with doing what's best odds to protect the Domain."

14. Likes , pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn listened to J.C as he spoke first, taking in the information and nodding along with his assesment. Yes indeed. A political motive did seem the most likely. Her following smile showed appreciation for JC's professional assesment. She was happy she asked him. "Valuable insights. Please don't feel shy in asserting them, Mr. Smith. You obviously have much to offer this investigation. " She hinted a bit that she believed his insights were just as valuable as his martial capability. A little push to embolden the Gangrel as teamwork made the dreamwork.

When Alice spoke, Quinn stifled a self satisfied smirk as the Haunt literally verbalized what she was thinking herself. That was pushed out of her mind as she recounted tales of times past. Both incredible examples, and pretty fascinating for Quinn being so new to the area. And scary to boot. Belial's Brood....well, they were almost impossible to negotiate with. The only language those fanatics knew was violence. Which made them all the harder to exterminate as they seemed to live for the shit.

"Hunters are rabid dogs. I am thankful for the historical education Seneschal." She didn't have to give them that, but she did. It was a helpful illustration and word of caution.

Quinn's face grew thoughtful as she looked at Dirt Nap. Kowalsic. Huh. On the one hand he had ALL the police reports and locations of the incidences and probably other tidbits of info to share. On the OTHER hand he didn't exactly look like a motherfucker who would have your back in an actual hunt. That might be stretching that good will a little to far. He also had a childe he was actively instructing.

"Hmm. I think we need a meeting with Kowalsic to make sure we have all facets and any other bones he could throw us. Knowledge is always power. Connecting the last dots, and then moving in, is wise Dirt Nap. I wouldn't assume he would help hunt however. due to having a not yet released childe." She tapped her chin slightly. "This Jackal is so stealthy it was hard for me to even see it coming, and keep it in my line of sight. I have something I could offer during the hunt that would prove invaluable, but yet has a price to it. If you wish to pay it, I will risk all and go with you on the hunt. " She paused a moment and let out an uneeded breath.

"I have the ability to communicate telepathically with humans and supernaturals alike. As long as you both stay in sight I can coordinate us, without having to give away a position via sound communication. Also, if either of you need to take an animal form, I can relay commands from Dirt Nap to any others. Of course, this form of communication can be unsettling to those not used to such mental excercise."

16. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap's phone interrupts the meeting, buzzing on vibrate. He seems to ignore it at first, but it is persistent. Finally, he checks it.

"Damn. Not again." He says very softly muttering.

He looks upset and turns to Alice Hart. "Ma'am, Seneschal Hart. I am mightly sorry. As sorry as I can be. I...don't have much choice in the matter. I been called. Away from here, by my Covenant. There's no telling how long it will be this time. I thought it was done with." He says, looking irritated, like he realizes his Composure is near breaking and allowing him to babble.

He turns to Quinn. "You know what to do. You are fine for your Chrysalis. They'll be sending someone else, though I can't say when." Dirt Nap says.

He turns to J.C. "You're going to be alright, doc. Just keep on keeping on." He says.

Then he turns back to Seneschal Hart. "I will call the office for the Prince and tell her. I don't have time to do this right, I am sorry, Ma'am, Seneschal Hart." He says again grimacing as he realizes that he is beginning to repeat himself.

"I have to go." He says as much to himself as to the others.

I am putting the character on hiatus. I posted about it in Posting Interruptions. I apologize for the inconvenience!
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Mar 2nd, 2021 at 11:55 AM.

18. Likes , pisces liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

He wasn’t sure if she was kidding. Alice didn’t seem like she was joking but also seemed like such a hollow lie that it couldn’t be anything but. Still, best not to contradict the Seneschal in matters of Domain history. Even if she was mocking them, she knew far more than he did.

Quinn’s compliment only made him want to sneer. It was hard not to hear her words as anything but sarcasm. An Mehket praising a Gangrel’s insight. Telling him not to feel shy.

Flex, relax. Feel the blood move. Don’t let it move you.

He gave a small smile and nodded in appreciation.

Though he couldn’t exactly give insight on Kowalsic since he didn’t know the man, so for the moment he still just listened. Nor could he give insight on telepathy.

“Definitely sounds useful. When you say communicate, what do you mean? Is it just words or is it like images and feelings?” His own beast was hard enough to feel as it was. He would hate to have to feel another’s. Or have Quinn feel the instinctual hatred he had towards her either.

And then… Dirt Nap left. It happened so fast, by the time JC had processed what had been said to the Seneschal, his fellow Gangrel had already goodbye. Looking around at the other two as if they might have an explanation, his eyes settled on Quinn for a few seconds. Dirt Nap had said covenant business. Maybe she knew something? But Dirt Nap’s comment to her seemed just as abrupt as the one to JC.

Keep on keeping on.

JC’s mind was a chaos of thoughts and feelings. He wanted to go after Dirt Nap. See if everything was alright. However, by the way he’d left, JC suspected in the time between looking to the two women that an owl had already taken off to a distant destination. Flex, relax. Keep on.

“I think a meeting with Mister Kowalsic would be good. And, I think it might be good to see if anyone else has experienced something like we have. An announcement of some sort asking people to come forward at the meeting. If we’re wanting to connect all the dots, we should try to make sure we have them all, eh?”

20. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread