Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Lunch at the Golden Corral

THREADID
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Golden Corral #2591 at 7700 W. Stockton Blvd. has the best reviews. That was where Kaze drove after picking up Skye. The buffet style all you can eat restaurant had a little bit of everything, cuts of sirloin steak, pies, pizza, some classic comfort food like meatloaf and chicken pot pie, and fish, though Skye had made it clear before hand that she had no intention of eating fish.

"So, why don't you eat fish, Skye?" Kaze asks her as they find a table in the busy restaurant.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

The upside of going to a place with no particular dress code meant that she could just go for her normal clothing style, then again not like she had much in the ways of fancy clothing.

Still it had been some time since she actually ate at a restaurant, ordering in or picking something up sure but to eat there now that had been a while.

Sitting down at the table before replying to his question.
    "I actually quite enjoy fish, it's just hard to trust places you do not know and dare to eat their fish. You never know how it's been treated or where it comes from, it's a lot better when you catch the thing yourself then you know what you're getting into." Looking over the food. "So what's good here and how have you been lately?"

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Skye sees at least one or two people dressed in a style not entirely like hers, though most of the people in the crowded restaurant are dressed in more mundane fashion.

Kaze smiles. "Oh, fine. It's been pretty chill lately for me. And yeah, you know what you said about fish really could apply to anything, the beef and vegatables too. Even the deserts. We can handle it though, just go by if it tastes good." He suggests.

He gets up and heads out to get a tray and a plate and silverware and a cup and after a while returns with sirloin steak and baked fish and pork chops and a cup with ice water in it.

"So what have you been up to lately? Did you and your boss go kitten shopping?" He asks.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Watching the people for a bit, wondering if they like her just liked the clothes or belonged to some subculture or whatever they wanted to be called nowadays.

"True but fish is special in that area, most places have similar meat and similar ingredients but just fish can vary heavily between various areas it were fished, doesn't take to being stored the same and so on." Just her opinion. "Not to mention that certain types does not mix well with other food and the scent can affect the food around it. Besides I prefer simple fish prepared over an open fire. Now I would like to try sushi at some point though." A good reason to have some wasabi to.

Walking of to get herself a steak, baked potato, some sauce and a hearty salad along with a glass of cold milk. Sitting down and opening her purse to take out a bottle and dabbing on some of it over the potato and steak mixed in with the sauce.

"Nahh Alice have not come around there yet, I did have her agree to making dinner together though which I really needed for the day." Yeah not a day she wanted to be alone. "How about you, are the cupids dancing around you and Jenna since our last party together?"

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Wow." Kaze exclaims, "That's some heavy duty hot sauce, Skye? Where did you pick up that habit?" He'd seen veterans pick up the habit when they served in hot climates. It seemed like hot sauce just went with hot climates.

He nods agreeably as Skye talks about her fish eating criteria and concerns, munching on his baked fish as she talks.

He nods again when she talks about her and Phoenyx's activities. Sounds like they're getting along. Good for them.

"Oh." Kaze says when Skye asks about him and Jenna. "No, no Valentine's Day miracle. We're just taking it slow, getting to know each other. That party was pretty intense. We haven't talked much about it yet. I think she's been really busy lately with work."

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Looking at the sauce and back at him.
    "You serious? This heavy duty? You should check my pantry sometime there I have some real deal ones like mad dog, this is just a mild 50.000 variant." Mild to her at least. "I don't know though, always liked spicy stuff and have eaten it every chance I get since childhood. I were the only one that weren't still a child whom weren't allowed to prepare food alone back home due to making it to spicy for most to eat." Throwing on some pepper and neatly starting to cut up her food.

"Who knows, sorry about my behavior there though it did get a bit to intense for me. Far to new a situation, still I know that things between us wouldn't have worked out in the end there were to many signs when I start to look back at it with a clearer mind and if she can forego your criteria of having the same studies so do I wish you all the best. I might need a bit before I can act normally around her though." Better to be open and honest directly.

"Miracles are for Christmas though not Valentines." Grabbing her sauce bottle and handing it over. "Wanna try some?"

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Wow. I'm not into the hot stuff. That's way hotter than I would have!" Kaze says when Skye says she likes it even hotter. He thinks for a moment, that sure, liking it hotter than the others was one thing, but assuming that the way she liked it would be best for everyones food was...kind of a thing with her.

Kaze smiles. "It's okay." He says when Skye apologizes for how she was with Jennifer at the party. "I mean, it's okay with me. You could tell her you're sorry though, in a text or something? Not right away, but when you feel like it." Kaze suggests.

Kaze laughs when Skye says miracles are for Christmas, not for Valentine's Day! "Okay! So...no hot sauce for me, thanks. And...what is a Christmas miracle to you?" He asks, interested. Faith was a funny thing. Just having it could be good, even if it was in a day instead of the reason for the day....

11. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well it's not for all, I do enjoy it though." Good way to keep her food for herself though. "So what kind of food do you fancy the most?"

Taking a moment and slowly shaking her head.
    "Don't know there are things that were felt from my perspective as well so I will see what happens once my mind have processed everything."

"What was so funny?" Looking at him a bit confused. "Sorry I don't get it." Thinking for a moment. "That varies but you know how one always talks about miracles for Christmas all from a parent coming home to the miraculous birth."

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze looks at Skye, "You know...after you said that you weren't interested in the Matrix movies because of their Christian influence...I am just surprised how into Christian influenced holidays you are, and talking about miracles...I just didn't expect it. You know...Valentine's Day comes from a Christian saint? It used to be, 'Saint Valentine's Day'. But yeah, the holidays are really more just about feeling good and being good to people you love now anyway. It's pretty inclusive now." He says.

Sorry I took so long to respond! I understand, per the IM that we should close the scene now and move on.

Closed Thread