Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “You’re too kind. But I’ll keep that in mind when I try it, you’ll be the first to try it.” She thought it was ok, not her best, but it was a process. “But everyone has a a different idea on what makes a good beer, so maybe you just didn’t find one that fit your tastes.” It was true, there was a lot of different beers out there. Some good, some not.

Always good to know when something you felt was felt by someone else.

“Well, glad I’m not the only one who does that, stuff the feelings down and away.”
    But sounded like he found a way to deal with them. And for that, she felt jealous.

From the look on her face, she is listening and really paying attention. Like she’s trying to learn and file the information away. “Really? You just put it out there?” some disbelief in her voice. “Not sure I would be that brave.” A nervous chuckle.

“Want another one? Or something else?” she offers.

A nod, “I have to say, you sound different as well. There is more confidence in your words and actions. So you are doing something right. It’s nice to see.” Compliments the Shaman. “Must be rewarding to live like that.” Then a shake of her head, “Nothing to apologize for, I’m enjoying listening to you. You seem to have grown quite a bit.” Who would have thought?

A shrug, “I don’t fit the whole Thyrsus thing. I’m not like Anima or Skye, hell, I don’t even like dealing with Spirits. But I’ve always felt my Path didn’t define who I was and how I was. Maybe that’s just me.” But she wasn’t the stereotypical Shaman.

“That’s the scary part with being able to do that, is without enough proficiency, you can get lost in that form. I never transformed myself until I was at a Master level and actually have only done it once. Just don’t get too comfortable in those forms, then you might not come back. Then people are going to send me to find you and bring you back.” She jokes with a laugh.

“They tried to recruit me. Alastar. But the Arrows never felt like a place for me. Sure, I respect the hell out of what they do, and will always be there if needed. But fighting? Eh,” a shrug, “just not me. Though from what you’ve just described, I could do it. Ignoring physical pain, ignoring emotional pain, I got that in spades!” she declares with a chuckle. “Hey, even if you’re not an Arrow, I’d still fight beside you if you needed.” He was a good guy.

“I can understand that, losing yourself and your soul. I lost a piece of myself that day with the Seer’s. One I’ll never be able to get back. I’m not sure if it’s been bad for me or not yet, but it has me unsure and trying to figure shit out.” More confusing than her Path change? “Hmm.” She muses, thinking about what he’s said. “Well, I’ve had a drink with him, just to get to know him better. And he’s a very intelligent man, extremely guarded, but seems to have his heart and head in the right place. But I can see how others could be uncomfortable around him after what you’ve described. But maybe it’s different for me, because on some level, a small one, I can understand turning off emotions. I acted without thinking and turned three fucking Seer’s into fish. The fact of what I was doing didn’t dawn on me until after, until it clicked that I had murdered three people quite painfully. Could I do it again? Yes, if it meant defending those around me.” Without a doubt. But she didn’t want to, it was an interesting place.

Laughing again, “Then you do you. I think you have the confidence to handle whatever the name will bring your way. Though have you considered a manager? I hear they’re super useful in the acting business.” Might be worth it for him. “And I think people will see how honest and genuine you are. You’ve always been approachable in my opinion, so I think that will help you and go a long way.” Getting herself another beer, “Yeah, cause if you use ‘CJ’ then people will always ask you what it stands for. So just using Chris would make that easier. So, does Chris have an exciting past that drew him to acting?”

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"I'm on board for first in line when you have something new brewed up, then!" Kaze says, laughing!

"It took a while to figure out it was my choice, that I didn't have to." Kaze says soberly, when Aurora comments on the impulse to keep feelings hidden away.

"I don't really 'just' put it out there. It's a choice, and it's scary every time. Like, you got a bomb that's going to go off, and you don't know when, and you got the clippers, and you can cut the black one or the yellow one, and one will blow you up, but one will stop it from happening and set you free from having to think about the explosion...and I just all of a sudden realized, I really don't have anything to lose by going ahead and cutting one, instead of living my life walking on egg shells trying not to set the bomb off!" Kaze says with a laugh!

"Sure! Thank you! I don't want to drink up all your stuff, but it's really good!" Kaze agrees and waits and then drinks before continuing.

"So...yeah, I was kind of freaked out when I started out, and honestly I think the first big chance I took was with Phoenyx, and...you know how that turned out. But even that. I am sorry that I wasn't ready to do it when we first met...that we had a whole relationship before I finally put it out there, what I really wanted, and how I really felt, that's on me. But it was also a relief, even when...who I really was, and what I really wanted...turned out not to be what Phoenyx wanted. It was still a relief to really know instead of going on, wondering if she'd want to be with me if she really knew me...."

"So...I have to ask. What about the duration?"
    Kaze asks. "I mean, I tried it, as soon as I could, but in my mind, as long as I took precautions, it was kiind of safer when I knew I could only stay in a form for like an hour. I mean, I did an eagle first, and it was hard, to stop flying after just an hour! But I felt like, if I lost it and ate a fish or something, it wouldn't be so bad, because I'd still be me again after an hour at the most?"

"Yeah. That's the thing. I've been on a lot of missions. Not to say you haven't, I don't know. But...I could have been like Winter, I think. I think I could have made myself like that, if they'd asked me to. I was so determined to prove myself, and do whatever, for the cause, you know? To belong tho, really. I think who you hang out with...is kind of well, contagious. Don't get me wrong; I've seen Winter be a gentleman and all. I don't think it's fake. I think he really means it. But I've seen him kill too, and it wasn't the kind of thing where it was just the spur of the moment, a reaction without thinking. He saw it coming, what he would need to do, and planned out the most efficient way to get it done with what was available. That isn't something you just turn on when you need it. That's the whole, 'every room you go into you have a plan how to kill everyone it it if you need to' kind of thing. It doesn't make a person bad or anything, but it is part of who they have chosen to be."
    Kaze says earnestly.

Then he laughs, "Look at me, talking like I know what makes Winter tick. I don't. I don't know him at all. I just have known a lot of people with...'similar career arcs', you know? And I shiver when I think I was on that career path, well not a Guardian, but close, the whole, 'I sacrificially do the horrible things so other people don't have to and can sleep safe in their beds at night' thing...." Kaze says more seriously.

Kaze looks at Aurora when she says she was recruited by the Arrows. "I don't know really. I guess, in a selfish way, all I can say is I like you the way you are. So I'm glad you didn't go for it. There's a headspace, where it's just black and white pieces on the board...it's...for a certain kind of person, living their life seeing other people that way."

Kaze looks startled when Aurora asks about a backstory for his alternate identity. "Oh man. I didn't really think about that. I mean, I know the details, where he was born, who his parents were, where he went to school and his job history and an old girlfriend or two...you have to have that stuff. But...it's pretty dull stuff. It kind of needs to be, since it can't be anything that made a big, memorable splash in public."

"But...yeah,"
    He says, nodding. "If I am ever someone doing publicity, on a talk show or something...they will want something interesting."

Kaze grins then. "I guess I just have to make up for a boring background by doing interesting things after I have the identity figured out!"

He nods again. "An agent, yeah. I want to get the alternate identity solid, and then get an agent."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A single nod, “Then consider the spot yours!”

Then a more somber nod, “But what about the fear of rejection and anger if you let your feelings be known? How were you able to overcome that? Because that fear holds a lot of things back for people.” Her mainly. Feelings sucked.

A chuckle, “Huh, well, that’s one way to look at it. Never really considered it like that, a bomb.” Maybe a new way to look at things?

“It’s not a problem! Each batch makes five gallons of beer, so I’m not running low.” Laughing as she pulled out another bottle to hand to him, “I can’t drink five gallons by myself.” She might be a Life master, but that was a bit much.

Twirling the bottle in her hands, “Do you regret what happened? Taking that chance with her?” she asks carefully. “I’m glad that you guys are able to be friends. I always worried about something like that, you know, having a relationship with someone in the community and it not ending well.” Could it end in friendship? “The worry of it ruining a friendship is a thing. But you guys give me hope that it doesn’t always have to end a friendship.” Not that she was about to get into a relationship.

“Duration?”
    she asks, and then he explains. “Ah. Well, I don’t have an answer. When I went into bird form, it lasted as long as the fight did. And to be honest, I don’t remember. But I was able to cast without a problem, so there was that. I suppose it could be something safely tested in a controlled environment. If you want to do that, we can. Knowing the duration could be useful information.” But she didn’t have an actual answer.

“There could be some truth to what you are saying. But I don’t think who you hangout defines who are. Sure, I enjoy spending time with Winter because I find him an interesting guy to talk with. But could I kill the way you say he did?” a thoughtful look, “I don’t think so. I’m not committing either way. But I have a different view now. If I was to go on a mission, I wouldn’t hesitate and do what needed to be done. And being efficient is a good thing, in a twisted sort of way. Because once you cross the line of dragging it out for your own pleasure, we have a problem. I wish I could have killed them a different way myself, because I cannot get the whole scene out of my head. I will hear and see it the rest of my life.” So no, she wasn’t like Winter. “But I know I would feel safe if I was on a mission with Winter.” She trusted him.

A somber nod, “I think what I did gave me a lot of respect for not only the Arrows, but the Guardians as well. Though I think I would do that, the whole do something horrible so someone else doesn’t have to experience it. At least, now I would. Knowing how it made me feel and still does, I would never wish that on anyone.” Nope.

Chuckling, “The way I am? How am I?” she asks, curious. “But it just isn’t me, I’m not an Arrow, I never have been.” She had been curious, but not curious enough.

A pause as she thought for a moment, “Knowing what I did, does it make you view me any differently? I’ve been trying to not let it get out there, not wanting to be judged by everyone.” But obviously she trusted him.

“Oh! So you’ve been thinking about it! That’s good. But it can be hard to all that figured out. I think a background can be dull but still be exciting, you just need to do it right. Things that are exciting for a regular person, like a girlfriend or boyfriend cheating and you getting epic revenge. Stories that one would share over a beer with friends. Or maybe that’s just a bad idea.” Laughing.

“But I’m really curious about what you come up with! Have fun with it.” Trying to be encouraging.
    “But when you get super famous, you better not forget about us.” She teases. And us being the Consilium.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Thanks!" Kaze says.

He doesn't push it about how to do the scary thing, and let people you really want to like you know the things you believe make you impossible to like. People have to get there on their own. He's just telling what it's been like for him. Like a ticking time bomb that he doesn't have to live with anymore...

"Yeah." He says when Aurora talks about drinking five gallons of beer herself. "Honestly...I started doing Body Mastery as a month long thing, every month...and I swear, now even if it's not on me, I just...don't get much of a buzz. Off anything. So it really is just a taste thing now. That's why I started drinking again. Socially, you know. It's a good way to connect. Or I guess to reassure people who don't want to connect that I'm not going to get super deep on them, I mean, over drinks, it's cool, you know?" Kaze laughs.

When she asks about regrets though, he shakes his head. "Nope. Not even a little." Kaze says. "I mean, honestly, I only regret I didn't do it sooner."

He sighs then. "You were there, remember? The first time I met Skye? I put it right out there. It was easier, sure, because we just met. I didn't have as much to lose, but I did it because it was fresh, the weight being off me from basically pretending and hiding my feelings in my relationship with Phoenyx for so long. And with Skye, it gave her freedom too; if I was putting my stuff right out there, religion, marriage, white picket fence, whatever--" Kaze laughs, "it sent a message that she could put her stuff out there too, if she wanted. And I think the reason we're friends is basically from that first time; she knows I'm cool with her being herself, even if it's not like me."

"If I'd been in the right place, mature enough, I guess, to do that when I first met Phoenyx, I am sure we would definitely be really good friends now." Kaze says, shaking his head.

"But I didn't, so by the time I came clean with her...the bomb went off. I hurt her. I got hurt. We both got rejected by each other."

Kaze sighs again. "The things that are really how I am though...there's a mutual respect there still. I think we'll be friends. I mean, I think we are now, but it's complicated by knowing we thought we were going to stay a couple, and then we both rejected it. That leaves a mark. I think you're right though. I think it's been long enough to heal up and get to know each other as people we aren't trying to date now. But there's going to be some scar tissue, I think, like...it'll be awkward and stiff at least for a while."

"Oh wow, I would love that! Seriously!" Kaze exclaims when Aurora offers to experiment with shape changing "I would really, really like to do that, Aurora." He says seriously, looking at her. "It'd feel like a huge favor to me."

Kaze listens to what Aurora says about Winter. He doesn't interrupt. When she's done, he sighs.

"You know what? I don't know what I'm talking about. I don't mean to argue with you about him. I mean, that wouldn't be Wise, for a lot of reasons. " He laughs and then says seriously, "You have real knowledge. You have hung with him. I really just have...a feeling, you know? I mean, I have been really learning to trust my instincts and my intuition, but that's just for me. It isn't something to try to tell someone else what they should feel, especially when they have real experience, I just...have a bad feeling."

Kaze seems to consider the subject of Winter done at least from his end, not elaborating on what his feeling or intuition might be specifically about the Guardian.

He laughs again when Aurora asks him for specifics about what exactly he bases his position on, that he likes her 'the way she is'.

"Okay, wow. You got me again. I don't claim to really know you. That's up to you. Whether you would even want me to, you know?" He says, grinning. "It's my intuition again. I just...feel like you're like a Bonsai tree, you know? Things affect you, shape you, but you keep growing, and they don't break you. There's like this...kind of soft but relentless pressure...I don't know, I'm not describing it very well, but like, you know when you see where a plant is growing out of a crack in the sidewalk? It's like that. Like the forces that would try to shape you or shut you down can't win. You don't make a big deal about it. You don't do that 'in your face' thing. You don't ever seem to me to be doing anything to prove something to someone else. You just keep being, you know?"

Kaze laughs, "Sorry! Honestly, I'm not trying to be the inscrutible zen master or something. I'm confusing because I'm not good at saying it, not on purpose!" he says.

"Anyway, to keep pushing a bad metaphor, I guess. I just feel like if you went into the Arrows, and tried to fit by stuffing everything forever and burying it under the stuff you had to do on purpose, like as a lifestyle...I get this image of someone taking apart a beautiful work of art, a bonsai that's been twisted and bound up and survived everything to become something inspirational, and making a literal arrow out of it, you know? Cutting it up and taking off the bark and everything to just make a disposable tool out of it."

"Oh yeah?
    " Kaze says thoughtfully when Aurora teases a little about him becoming a big star someday. "I don't think it'll happen. Getting famous. I mean, I don't think I'd put in the work and make the sacrifices for that, doing all the publicity, I mean. I mean, you're famous though. What's it like for you?"
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “I never saw the need to keep something like that up. I can heal if I need to, and I would much rather not alter whatever Fate has planned for me.” She saw it as a crutch, and not one she needed. “But I agree, having drinks is a good way to connect and one a lot of people have grown used to. It’s like, had a bad day? Invite friends out for drinks.” Shrugging.

A chuckle, “Oh I remember.” Skye was one she couldn’t figure out. “I guess I’ve never done that. Always keeping things like that to myself, not opening that box up.” She might be a famous performer, but she lacked that confidence to put things out there.

“Despite my current Path, I still believe in Fate and the role it plays in our lives. And I think what happened was meant to happen. For both of you to learn and grow from. Because while you were both hurt, you both have a better understanding of what you want and who you are. So maybe a silver lining, or maybe Fate just being a bitch again.” Nodding as she took another sip, “Yeah, there will always be some apprehension there, but I think you guys can get past it. At least neither one of you has made it awkward for anyone else.” A smirk.

“I kinda feel like I owe it to you. With not agreeing to Mentor you and all. And I hope you know that was a call I made based off where my head was. I’m not in a good head space and didn’t want to risk that affecting anything. But I’m willing to work with you to make sure you’re safe and have someone to help you.” Hearing the buzzer, she holds a finger up, pushing the buzzer near the door and getting the food. Once the door was closed, she moves the bags to the coffee table, along with plates, napkins and silverware. “We can practice at the Circle. I’d feel safer doing it there.” There were wards there. While she had some small ones here, it was not as secure as the Circe.

Laughing as she took a seat, “I don’t think you’re arguing at all. We’re just sharing different views and experiences with someone. How you feel about him is as valid as how I feel.” A shrug, “So I see it simply as a discussion, sharing experiences.” Defiantly not an argument. “But don’t be afraid or concerned about arguing with me if you feel strongly about something. I welcome a good argument with solid viewpoints.” Was it because she was a Master? Cause if so, that was dumb. “Feelings about people are important. Kind of like an intuition. Not something to dismiss, I only hope you’re able to sit down and talk with him someday. Not saying I want it to change your mind, but it might give you more insight.” And that was always good.

“Not really knowing me is kinda my fault. I haven’t really put myself out there or let many close. But I want to try and change that, lower the walls and let people in. Though it’s a struggle.” Ans it sounded like from their talk, he understood that. Then she laughs, “A bonsai tree?” amused by this. “Huh, that’s actually really nice.” Kind of made her look at her differently.

A hand waves, “Oh no worries. I’m in the same boat, I’m not really good at putting my thoughts into words. Especially with difficult topics. Hey, maybe it’s something we can both work on!” she was willing, and was actually trying.

“An interesting way to look at the Arrows and myself. For me it just didn’t feel right. It wasn’t where I belonged. But it’s hard to know where we belong in the long run.”
    Putting some noodles on a plate.

“It could happen. Just depends on how good you are and how people react to you. So don’t sell yourself too short there. But if you don’t want to be famous, why are you stepping into acting?” maybe a difficult question, but she thinks it’s important. “For me?” a laugh, “I don’t think I’m that famous. But it was fun when I was younger. People recognizing you, wanting a picture with you, there’s a high that seems to go along with it. At least, to me there was. But, like everything, too much and it’s stifling. It became hard to know who was friends with me for me or for the fame. And I had to step away from it and put-up walls to protect myself. So I think it can be a double edged sword.”

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles and listens as Aurora explains how she sees things, using magic and the role of fate, 'meant to be'...it's pretty stoic, even fatalistic, and he should know, having spent years in Shinto Bhuddist culture, his heritage. It's not passive exactly...just doesn't seem to leave a lot of room for hope, for trying for different than expected or anticipated results. Change and breaking old cycles is hard, even...disrespectuf? Yeah, maybe even disrespectful to bring it up....

Then she apologizes, well expresses less than satisfaction about having said 'no' when he asked her to mentor him. Man, he'd honestly forgotten about that! He was such a puppy then, desperate for someone to provide direction and structure. He could see now, how he'd changed, and his perspective had changed, how he saw Aurora had changed too.

"Oh wow. I totally forgot about that!" Kaze exclaims. "Hey, Aurora. I owe you an apology. I really had you up on a pedestal when I asked you that. I mean, I think I respect you more now, as a person, but when I asked you, I was...well, 'othering' you, you know? I just saw you as 'The Life Master', not as a real person with your own challenges and issues. That's where I was, but it was not cool, and I am sorry." Kaze say sincerely. "Will you forgive me for not letting myself see you, the real person?" He asks. He'd just taken it as saying he wasn't ready, or worthy, hadn't even considered it could be her that wasn't ready to be a mentor. It could have been an opportunity to listen to her, and maybe help, even just as a listening ear.

He nods in agreement to practicing at the Circle. It'll be less private; Skye is pretty likely to want to join in, and she has pretty firm opinions about shape changing, pretty different ones than Aurora does, actually. But he gets the feeling that to Aurora, it's 'the responsible thing to do' and therefore the only real option.

Kaze nods seriously at first when Aurora talks about Winter, and about not feeling like they're arguing about him. He feels like maybe she's not fully in touch with her own emotions there, but whatever she says, they're her emotions, not his.

Then he laughs when she suggests he try to get to know Winter better! "Oh. Wow. Okay..." Kaze says, "I didn't consider that. Well, not consciously anyway. I think Winter puts out such a strong vibe of not wanting to be known or even remembered as an individual, as a real person with flaws and weaknesses and well, emotions...I felt like it would not be something he'd want, me trying to get to know him." Kaze explains. "He seems so all in on being a stoic, 'it is what it is' type of person, you know? I mean, I can't imagine him being happy if I wanted to talk about 'feelings'."

"In fact, I hope this is okay to say, I kinda feel a similar vibe, not nearly as strong, like as a person, you don't really want a lot of attention. I could totally be wrong, so please call 'bullshit' if I'm wrong. Let me just ask you, Aurora...I am really enjoying talking with you, and it's been really cool so far, even getting deep...I've been kind of careful to just talk about me, and listen to what you are okay with saying, and just you know, answering what you ask me...I have been avoiding asking you questions that I wonder about, that might be personal or maybe even offensive, because I don't know, so I might be way off base. I guess what I am wondering, and you don't have answer at all or right away, but...do you want people, me, to really try to get to know you?" Kaze asks gently.

Kaze listens to what Aurora shares about fame. He nods. Then she asks him why he wants to act if not to be famous.

He smiles, "Okay, that's a good point. I mean I want to be good enough, be part of stories that are epic enough, that logically, the result would be I would be really well known...that's something I want to push myself hard to get to that point, but I guess, my unrealistic perfect scenario would be that I did awesome performances and helped tell amazing, moving stories that inspired like millions of people...but no one recognized me on the street or in a store!" Kaze laughs!

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She blinks a few times, clearly surprised, “Owe me one?” seriously? “Honestly, I don’t think you have anything to apologize for. But if it will make you feel better, then I accept. But I never thought anything less of you, or was upset at you. So we can consider the air cleared?” she asks with a small smile.

A nod as she worked some noodles onto a fork, “Oh, I believe he does that. And does it well too.” Cause lets face it, Winter does not give off warm and cuddly vibes. “Now, I don’t think feelings is something to be approached with him,” she says with a chuckle, “but sometimes it’s nice to just sit and share a drink, find a common ground. I don’t think you’ll become best friends having sleepovers and doing each other’s hair or anything. But I think you’ll find a different side, maybe even learn something.” Shrugging, “Not saying you have to or anything, but something to consider.” But she had never let Winters stoic attitude scare her off.

Moving the noodles around on the plate, “I’ve always wanted people to feel they could say anything to me or ask me anything. So no worries.” And if it upset her, she’d say. But she looked thoughtful, obviously thinking about what he said, “Well, I used to love attention. And given what my profession was, it kinda went with it. But as things changed, and I went though my own changes, I just,” pausing, “I don’t know, didn’t need to or want all the attention on me. I’m happy to sit back and only speak when I have something important to add.” Then a laugh, “Oh don’t worry. If I think it’s bullshit, I will always let you know.” Not bashful. Well, not about that anyways.

But his words hit something. Did she want people, the people in their community, to get to know her? “That’s a really good question. Though I want to say it’s not offensive at all.” Trying to reassure him. “I’ve enjoyed getting to know you today. There is a lot more to you than I first realized, and I’ve been happy giving you the floor to talk. Now, I think on some level everyone wants people to try and get to know them. And on some level, I do as well. But, it’s difficult. I’ve built my life around keeping people at arm’s length, because then I need to leave, it’s easy. But it’s also led to a lonely existence. And I didn’t know that until I came back and felt like an outsider.” It sucked. But she was getting used to it. Kinda. “But getting close with people means questions about my past I don’t want to or even know how to explain, and opening myself up to be hurt by those I allow close.” Shrugging, so maybe she didn’t know.

She laughs as well, “Now that creates a difficult situation for you. Can’t have both of them, unless you did voice acting, but even then, you run the chance. But it’s a good goal to push yourself towards, something to strive for, to work hard for. And I think you’ll be able to find success, you certainly have the drive.”

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, "Definitely." He says when Aurora says she forgives him, and the air is cleared.

He listens with an open expression and posture when she talks about Winter and getting to know him better. He's open to the idea. It's not something he's up for doing spontaneously though. He doesn't feel ready to take his 'putting it out there' show on the road to that venue just yet. He's thinking that would be a tougher crowd than he's ready for, having already been incarcerated once for basically talking too freely around a Guardian. Not that he didn't deserve it, and doesn't talk like that, about Mage stuff in public anymore. Still. Guardian. Not the best audience for free ranging chats.

Kaze nods, listening to Aurora taking his question seriously, laying it out. He wonders why she learned to always be ready to say good-bye.

"So...not meaning to be nosy, and I know, you already know you don't have to answer...why did you have to learn how to make saying 'good-bye' easy? I mean, were you always moving when you were a kid?" Kaze asks.

He laughs and shakes his head when Aurora briefly puts out there the possiblity of voice acting, "I haven't done it very long, or gotten very good, but I can already tell; what I love about acting is the physicality of it." Kaze says. "I really don't feel like voice acting is a thing for me."

"Thanks, Aurora. That means a lot. I mean, I know I can push for a goal that other people set...but this feels like the first time I am pushing myself for something...just for me."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug, “In a way, yes, always moving when I was a kid. I didn’t have what would be considered a traditional childhood. Both my parents were performers, so we moved from city to city with the circus. So staying in one place tends to get uncomfortable for me. And when you don’t get close to people, it’s easier to just pack up and leave when you feel you need to.” She made it sound easy. And to her, it was. “The time I’ve spent in Sacramento, is the longest I’ve spent in one spot my whole life.” And sometimes it felt wrong, like she needed to move again.

She had to laugh as well, “With that attitude, I think you’ll do just fine.” He was very positive and upbeat about it, and that would take him far. “How’d you get so optimistic?” offering the other plate to him, surprised he hadn’t gotten into the food yet.

Nodding, “I think the goals you set for yourself are the true ones. Because no one knows you like you know yourself. And you will push yourself harder for it. So I’m glad you’re doing something for yourself. I think we often neglect what we truly want for fear of letting others down. But don't let others tell you those goals you've set are not worth it. Because they are.”

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Wow." Kaze says when Aurora talks a little about her past. "Performers? That sounds pretty cool. Can I ask, what kind? Like a musical thing?" He asks.

Yeah, moving around a lot makes sense. Coming and going and not getting attached. Kaze had his own issues with good bye's growing up, but it was different. People dying. Well, honestly just his mom. His dad leaving though. And it was't like Kaze chose to just...be hard for anyone to know what to say to him. And he sure didn't feel up to talking. His grandfather's answer was hard training and discipline. Hitting the trail, or the tackle dummy. Take the anger out constructively. By the time he learned how to talk to people again, none of the same people were really in his social circle anymore. He didn't move, and they didn't either. They just kind of...drifted apart in the huge Los Angeles schools he went to.

Yeah, performers was better, definitely, as a back story than orphan.

"Huh?" Kaze seemed distracted for a moment, but responds alertly when Aurora asks him a question. "You know what? It's that choice thing again. I remember, it was after Awakening, I realized...half or more of what everyone thinks is true is basically just a story they make up in their head. And usually, they will never really know." He grins.

"Like, if I'm driving somewhere, and someone cuts me off, speeds around and then is gone. Unless I go total road rage and track them down, I won't ever know why that happened, really. But the normal thing people do is they make up a story where the other drive is a total, self centered, narcissistic jerk who just doesn't care about anyone but them self, or something like that. But I though, if I am never going to actually know anyway, why not short circuit the habit and decide that the poor guy is a single dad, late to work for like the tenth time cause his kid is sick, like a little girl, you know? Or he's been married just a year, and his wife is pregnant and practically giving birth in the car on the way to the hospital, and he's just panicking but trying to hold it together the bdest he can, you know? Stuff like that."

Kaze shrugs. "So yeah. I basically decide to be positive by not buying the first, negative story my brain serves up. Now the positive version comes up first instead a lot of the time." He says, smiling. "It's kind of fun."

"Thanks."
    Kaze says about the goals. "It's a little lonely sometimes, setting my own goals instead of figuring out what someone else wants, but not if I am brave enough to put out there what my goals are. Some people will poke holes in it, but a lot of people decide to cheer me on. It's pretty cool."

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread