Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

She had heard the hesitation in Phoenyx voice, she knew how she did not really see the full point of this but still she had agreed to it be it due to obligation or kindness so was it still very nice of her and it felt a bit warm.

This day were really not one she had an easy time with, most others she had managed to work her way through but not this one it were just a bit over what she liked.

Heading into the arrow quarters with the bag filled with all the various things she had been told to buy, cooking in this manner were not her strongest suite though and she were not fully sure what they would be making but what did that matter in the end? Naturally so had she made sure to add various spicy herbs, hot sauces and various things to add some spice if needed that were what she liked the most.

Setting up her hair in a ponytail so as not to have it get in the way, her clothes were nothing special just ones she could feel free in having nearly gone with normal workout or sleeping clothes but in order to be a bit kind back so had she made sure to have on a proper attire.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

The First Talon was in one of her usual training outfits, just drying her hair. She looked up as Skye entered. "You are on time. Good. Would you like some tea?"

Phoenyx stood, still rubbing her head with a fluffy white towel, and made her way over to the kitchen. "What is it you are expecting out of this Skye? I can see this means a lot to you, even if I do not fully understand it. I am not a romantic person, so Valentine's day has never mattered to me - but it seems to matter to you. Why?"

She filled the kettle as she spoke, setting the water to boil.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Of course, being late would be disrespectful. What do we have in? Any herbal none caffeine ones would be good otherwise I did buy some cacao and mini marshmallows if you would like? Or perhaps that would be better for after dinner?" calmly smiling as she starts to carefully empty the bag carefully.

Looking towards the first talon for a moment, her eyes fluttering for a moment before steadying her eyes upon the groceries.
    "Expecting so honestly a chance to get to know one another better and to avoid being alone." Biting on her lower lip, this were not her favorite side of herself to show of. "You do deserve an answer to that first though would you like the long or the short version?"

Putting away the bag neatly and carefully.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

She nods, pulling out some fruit tea and dropping the leaves into a small pot. "Perhaps afterwards? I have this blueberry tea that has no caffiene."

Phoenyx's brow furrows as she watches. "We do not have any pressure of time. Long." She begins collecting the ingredients to make her noodles. "Why does being alone on this day make any difference to being single the rest of the year?"

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sounds good, what is your favorite kind of tea?" Watching the process a bit curiously. "How big is the difference between using leaves and bags?"

Starting to take out various utensils they would need in order to prepare the food.
    "So what will we be making?"

Being silent for a couple of minutes whilst preparing herself.
    "The being single part really doesn't play in, it's more the being alone part. As you know so did I grow up with a large family, plenty of people around to celebrate Christmas with filled with cheers, songs, dances and laughter." Those were good times. "Then new years were always right around the corner which were one big grand festivity and partying in a more controlled manner than getting drunk of course but you know we were plenty of people and we just had fun. It took me a bit to get past that, to be able to handle the holidays but I can. They don't matter much anymore but they aren't hard."

Drawing her hands over her face, making sure to not look towards the first talon as she speaks.
    "But then not long after this day comes and that is hard, I used to have several children wake me up, fight for my attention, people wanting to hug, play, fight to sit in my lap or to look at movies together with. It was innocent children love sure but that doesn't mean that it wasn't real. It were so warm and made me feel so wonderful to see them and just trying to hug and play with them all. See how they fought who would marry me or who had made the best gift. All cute little innocent things but now it's all gone and this day still feels hard to take, it's to lonely and to silent if that makes sense?" Wiping away a couple of tears from her eyes.

Standing still for a bit, trying to get some memories out of her head.
    "So yes not being single and just have someone who would wanna watch a movie whilst cuddling would be wonderful." Looking towards her for a second. "As I cannot have that so is the best thing I can think of to have some time together with you and to get to know one another and talk more privately about none work stuff." Taking a deep breath. "This might sound strange but you know part of what made me ask you out in the first place were because you didn't seem into the classic romance stuff which felt safe, naturally there were other things as well but as to not make this hard in any way so will I leave it at that. Thank you for agreeing to this, it would have been really hard to be alone today." Balancing both of their social issues were hard.

"Did that come out right or did it sound wrong? I did not mean to make it sound weird, social things and knowing how to be around others or to make sure my words doesn't come of wrong is something that I really need to work on." Wonder how much of her mask that were still a mask rather than who she were.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

"I am fond of Assam," Phoenyx says simply. "And if you make it in a pot, there is little difference, but you cannot blend flavours with tea bags."

She lets the pot stew a little. "Pad thai noodles. It is one of my favourite foods."

Lots of people? "I see. That sounds..." Horrible? To me. Maybe she didn't think that. Say something supportive. "....nice?" The First Talon clearly doesn't think that, it's all over her face.

Oh no. She is crying. Say something.

"I... don't do that," the Obrimos says slowly. "Romance, I mean. I have been told I can be difficult to talk to - it is not personal. I was taught to distance myself, to help ensure objectivity and rational thought. I never learned much about people. It... took several weeks for me to go on a date with the last person I was involved with. Mostly we just had sex. Then things got emotional and complicated." She begins dicing vegetables delicately, before blinking and looking at Skye. "What do you mean, 'naturally other things'?" she asks curiously.

A small shrug. "You told be what you meant to say. Your words were somewhat jumbled, perhaps. But if you emotions are also, then your words reflect your soul - there is no shame in that."

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sounds good, I have heard that there are some techniques and ways to drink tea that really makes a difference but never explored it." Just wasn't her thing.

"Any curry or spicy stuff in there? I love spicy stuff the spicier the better."

Lightly chuckling.
    "It's not for all, my life were dominated by being around others so for me that is my norm and where I feel safe. We all have our own places where we can find solace and comfort."

Shrugging.
    "Can't say much there myself, never tried it much it's just a dream to experience love and romance and all that stuff in my life. Never know if it will be for me or not but you cannot know until you try. Who knows maybe just having sex would be easier, hard to know without experience though." Slowly controlling her breathing and trying to let her eyes get back to normal along with trying to find her calm demeanor. "I do wonder what makes emotions so complicated though, it sounds a bit odd in my mind then again it's become obvious that my knowledge and role models in the area are far to distanced from reality."

Giving the first talon a look of surprise.
    "Did you really think that my single reason for asking you out were because your distance made you feel comfortable and safe?" Slowly shaking her head. "There are a lot of small things that makes eyes drawn to you dear but to go into them would potentially break my words of not trying to go for any form of romantic things today so if you really wanna know more be prepared for that."

Twirling a knife in her hand whilst aiding with getting all the necessary stuff chopped up.
    "Thanks, it's hard to say though it might be parts of myself fighting it just may be me talking before I have prepared the words or it may be myself being in disarray." Far to many new things to be sure.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

She nods slightly. "I was taught to do a tea ceremony by my mentor. He was... and old school mentor. Tough, but fair. But we often shared tea."

"Not how I make it,"
    Phoenyx replies slowly. "It uses ginger and garlic - it has spice but is not a hot flavour. You can always add something to yours if you like."

She nods. "That is not usual for me. My teenage years were mostly just him and me. Lots of people make me uncomfortable. I was taught how to control my emotions, but being in Sacramento has brought out a lot of new experiences for me. Things I have not always been able to control."

Phoenyx hesitates just a moment. "I'm not sure. The only people who have asked me out I had already slept with. It was usually my note that things were getting too serious."

Dark eyes watch her. "Then Pause. Take your time. Choose the words before speaking, so you know what you are saying is right."

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sounds better than mine, he kept on talking about the stars and signs to left and right in addition to often leaving me alone in the wilderness for extended periods of time." Shuddering by the mere memory of him.

Pointing towards her various hot sauces and spices.
    "I come prepared, nothing is better than when normal people would sweat from eating the food."

"Whilst mine were filled with people around me, my mentor had to teach me how to be alone in order for me to have a chance to heal. Still being here have likewise shown me a lot of social challenges as well, not the same as yours but we both have a lot of things left to experience that we aren't all to used to it seems."

Taking a moment before replying.
    "There we differ but then again my dream is for someone to miss me and wanna cuddle or snuggle with me. The sex part is not really something I can discuss though."

Smiling as she lightly chuckles.
    "I think you misunderstand, I meant as a whole. My mouth is quick to say what I think as it makes sense in my mind but it does not seem to be understood or taken in correctly for all who hear it at all times. I do need to work with being more clear and trying to remember that everyone doesn't see the sense logic in my words as I do."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

Phoenyx nods. "He raised me for several years. He trained be to be self-sufficient, resilient, the Hand... I owe a lot to him. It is easier not being injured as much, I suppose."

She looks at the bottles, frowning. "But.... Why is that a good thing? If you put that in, it will change the flavour."

A shrug. "That is up to you. I have found what we do can be... stressful. It occassionally helps to work that out. I can recommend that."

Dark eyes look up. "It's important to consider your words. They cannot be taken back - your actions and words should be as clear as you can make them. The Word and Soul must agree. A measured answer can often be more worthwhile than trying to respond too quickly and appearing foolish."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread