Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
A New Pair of Party-Style Hacks

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward stood right where Derek had, just over a year ago. Laptop case under his arm, ten minutes early. This time, he didn't forget to Blush.
    Outfit. Quinn Durant

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Bookkeeping

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn arrived on time, to the second actually. Punctuality had never been a strong suit when she was alive, but now it was a top priority. You did not keep Kindred waiting. Quinn dressed in a manner consistent with this being California. Faux winter. She wore a warm and cozy cashmere sweater that was tunic length. A pair of dark charcoal leggings, and some knee high dark brown leather boots that matched her leather messenger bag that contained her lap top computer and other things.

The moon was so bright she considered a ride to the coastal highway tomorrow night, but tonight it was nerdy computer fun! Quinn was here for it. She smiled when she approached Edward.

"Hello Edward, is it alright if I call you Edward? Using your last name in this setting seems odd to me."

She had to brace herself slightly as they came close, her beast snapped and snarled on its leash. She felt the urges to rip him apart, to see him flee before her, to over power him and run him off. It was only a few very tense moments but it was ever the reminder of what they were and what they were not. Not human. Viscious beasts at their worst, with a veneer of civility and web of muted human emotion they cobbled together to keep from tearing each other to pieces.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Book Keeping

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"It would please me if you did." Edward smiled through the Beast's call to rip Quinn in half, "good evening, Quinn. Shall we?"

Edward opened and held the door for Quinn, "I confess I experienced some surprise upon hearing you were already familiar with the game. Have you played before?"

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded. Happy they got the formalities out of the way, and could put them down for a bit. It wasn't that Quinn ever questioned the need for such things, but she did get tired of measuring her words like she was conducting explosive experiments. You never knew how you could set another Kindred off. Caution was always the better part of valor, and yet Quinn enjoyed walking the dangerous line between inquisitive and pushy.

"We shall, Edward." She quipped back with a smile, stepping past him and into the establishment. She looked around a moment after stepping inside. Checking it out.

"Why would that surprise you? Or are you confused about my nerd credentials because of my looks? I get that a lot you know?" She grinned mischieviously at him then. "I know of it, but no I have not actually played before. I'm sure with a walkthrough from you I can get up to speed."

She let Edward choose seats and such. After all he invited her. She would follow his lead tonight.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward laughed comfortably, and met her teasing with an earnest compliment, "far from it, Quinn, in so far as I was instructed, it was by the old guard of computer science. Beautiful and fashionable women such as yourself were not rare. It will be my pleasure to induct another into the game." The field had always had a male majority, but the utterly lopsided state of affairs was a more recent change.

Edward nodded at her clarification before walking up to the hostess, "reservation for two, Heinrich." She found it and led them to a booth against a wall.

"Have you ever worked with an assembly language? x86 or some version of ARM, for instance?"

8. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn chuckled a little hoping it would be a pleasure too. It had been so long since Quinn had done something purely social, and with the dungeon games afoot, and now all this crazy shit happening in the domain, this may be one of her few opportunities for true levity for awhile.

She caught the compliment, and tilted her face to the side a moment watching him with a warm smile. As they made their way to the booth, she set her bag down beside herself in the booth. Sliding in one side, and watching him take the other across from her. A private booth was definitely preferable to a table in this setting. More privacy.

"Does a bear shit in the woods?"
    She quipped effortlessly, those wide and expressive hazel eyes of hers sparkling with humor. She chuckled softly. "I hope a little off color candor doesn't rattle you Edward. I can be quite direct outside of more formal situations."

10. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Anyone who had to weather constant doubt can sympathize with a bit of sensitivity, although Edward wasn't sure if Quinn was sensitive on the subject or if this was just her default brand of humour.
    "I do hope I haven't given cause for offence, Quinn."

"On the contrary." Edward shook his head, his smile reaching his eyes, "indelicate conversation among peers is a joy in any field."

He learned back, settling into the booth, "to avoid my asking further unprofitable questions, would you please regale me with the history of how you came to possess your current expertise?"

12. Likes pisces, liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smiled at Edward, pulling out her laptop, which he could tell with a glance was high end and purchased for performance. She went about setting up a temporary work station. She may not have been here before perse but she had been to many a LAN party. This didn't feel to different, only a public location rather than a private.

"Of course not Edward. Believe me, if I was offended I would let you know. I am not the 'suffer in silence' type." She informed him , watching him. "The key to great relationships is transparency. Something we typically aren't that good at in most circumstances, but in pure frivolity, I would hope there could be some exceptions made."

She enjoyed his response to the rest, It was good to set the tone at the beginning. She wanted to enjoy this night with him, not treat it like a mini court function. Quinn kept very busy, but everyone needed a night off from obligation.

"I have a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science from UC. Berkeley. My certificates are as follows: Certified Information systems security professional, Ofensive Security Certified Professional, EC council certification for ehtical hacking and penetration testing, Python and Ruby Programming Certiicate, COMP TIA, and Web Design and Development certifications." She finished smoothly.

14. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread