Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer arrived at Nox five minutes early, carrying her small leather backpack. She paused by the coat check to deposit the knife, the gift from Castor Drake. So lightened, she moved to the small conference room.
    She wore a more casual dress - the same dress that she had worn while meeting with the last Mekhet Priscus. It was a knee length brown dress with a classic fabric bow at the waist. Her hair was left down and it spiraled in loose waves. She wore a black scarf drapped over her collarbone, pinned securely there, and then tied in a fashionable way over her neck.

She considers the last priscus as she waited, wondering if he had communicated her desire to Maeve or Priscus Durant.

She was curious about the plan that Quinn had. The information that she did have was vague and the Nosferatu priscus hated vague. They couldn't meet with the prince without knowing what they ought to present.

2. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn joined Jennifer in one of the rooms reserved for Priscus to hold meetings as needed for their positions. Quinn dressed simply in a pair of black designer jeans, with a white silk blouse tucked in to them, a chic black cropped length tuxedo jacket over it. Her medium length hair done up in a messy bun, chopsticks sticking out of it. Her makeup was light and simple. It showed effort, but not the same as she would put forward for court.

“Good Evening, Priscus Hazelton.” Quinn bowed her head respectfully and kept it there with a few human heartbeats, before straightening her neck and looking at her a moment. Quinn had a backpack with her, which she unloaded the contents of quickly. She had a computer which she set up quickly as well as a mini projector that would project what was on the laptop to the blank cream wall in the room.

“I came prepared with some real world scenarios from my prior domain, as well as some projections for Sacramento.”

4. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Hello, Priscus Durant. I hope you have been well since we spoke?" The dark hair bobbed as Jennifer inclined her head to respectfully give note to Quinn's status, ever in relation to her own.
    Excellent." Jennifer set herself into position to view the projector.

"Now just a small word: how would you present this project in a few sentences to her Grace, the Lady Prince? I understand you have the details forthcoming in this presentation, yet I am curious." Her Cursed voice hit the words with an emphasis, a low creeping like something burrowing through dead leaves. Quinn Durant
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Actually, there is something personal I would like a fresh perspective on, but it is quite delicate. I have wrestled with this for weeks, and I am no closer to resolving it on my own. After we finish business, if you wouldn't mind, I wanted to talk about it with you if you would be willing?"

It was easy to tell that Quinn didn't want to talk about whatever it was, but felt she had too.After that enigmatic announcment she switched gears to the topic at hand. She looked thoughtful a moment, weighing her words in her mind. She wondered if Jennifer feared the Prince's ability to sit through an actual presentation. It made sense to Quinn as well and she was thankful for the question and smiled a bit nodding appreciately to her.

"Ah. I see what you are getting at, Lady Notary Hazelton. If I had to condense it to just a few sentences, it would be this: Threats to a domain often have to become pretty severe before they are picked up by the Kindred. Devising a system using the Kine's own camera's around the city could cut down on leg work we need to do to quickly address these issues, and digital alerts to anything strange that is disconcerting could help us get on track before we are 4+ bodies deep for example."

8. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I am always willing to offer my perspective, Priscus Durant. I offer my unbiased opinion, should you want it."

"I do find the idea intriquing. I do wish to make an observation, please do not take it as a criticism. You mention cameras around the city. I assume you mean to hack into the infrastructure, or to obtain our own access. What about the difficulty of our Kind not appearing on film?
    What shall we do about offending Kindred who might not want their activities tracked? Our Families are small in number."
    Jennifer's Cursed voice speaks slowly and with care, so that her words are easily understood, and that her tone is one of interest.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

10. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded to the first bit, with a lop sided smile before sobering to listen to her concerns regarding the fact that Kindred didn't show up on film. At lest not well enough to identify them. Usually. Not all Kindred were careful. Most would never imagine in their darkest dreams that they would be spied on by camera surveilance. Which is why it netted quite a lot of information in har last city, and she was sure it would do the same here.

"I do. I mean I would love our own spy network, but that would be incredibly expensive. I mean, we could go that route if someone is willing to financie the venture. Perhaps some of the more criminal elements of the city. Information is always valuable after all, and honestly I do have allies in the criminal sphere that would prollie pay, but not enough to fund everything.

Anyway... I like the idea of using existing camera's. It is after all already proving where the most sensitive and important areas of the city are and everything all set up. It's just ripe for the picking."

"Our features do not show up, neither do our fingerprints, but other identifying features in either dress or skin designs can be easily picked up and codified into the same type of programs that utilitze facial recognition to recognize other markers and patterns that we set to be the primary target. Most camera's and viewed footage is only viewed by the Kine, Kindred knowing this don't usually police what they wear. Or even think of it. A Kine would never pick up on a simple screen print tee of an artful rose, but we know this to be the Daeva Clan symbol."

She paused a moment and chuckled a bit on the Kindred getting offended bit. "I suppose some would be a little testy about that, but I am not so sure we need to tell everyone of the set up. Only the officials really need to know, and this is in defense of the domain as a whole."

12. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I am sure that you have already considered those Kindred who have already invested heavily in the Criminal element. Or the element of fashion, who might be able to recognize brands more readily. Considering how they may feel about being observed. " A smile, one that was friendly.

"This is different than what I did some nine years ago. I was ensuring the network against intrusion. Yet you brought a presentation." A glance to the projector. "I did not mean to veer us off track. I can think on this information. Be assured, I will have some notes."

14. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded. "Worst case scenario on that, we have the ability to also include parameters to exclude certain patterns of body art in our alert and recognition software." She said delicately, taking that nasty smile to mean Her Majesty most pointedly. Yeah, that one was worth noting. "If the camera's thing gets shot down, well, we still need to have backdoor access into the important databases in the city. I can get into anyone's social media accounts, including such interesting things like Snapchat, etc. It's a specialty of mine, but having access to monitor official channels from time to time, is equally beneficial and a lot less leg work. Keep these possibilities in the back of your mind." Quinn said as she hit the overhead lights and turned the projector on, moving to her extremely high end lap top.

Quinn grinned at Jennifer. "I would expect nothing less Lady Notary Hazelton." Quinn could feel it in her bones she went to the right Kindred with this. Already her observations were netting fruit. Quinn felt grateful in that moment, and that was an emotion she wasn't expecting to feel. It felt good for once.

The first picture that projected was a schematic of an entire city. How the buildings rose across the city in a top down view that could be manipulated depending on the view you want, even street level. It was excellently done. There was little red dots that showed up, and according to the helpful key on the side of the projected picture, those were active camera's, the orange tinted ones indicated Kindred controlled or accessed ones.
    The schematic broke the city up into 4 districts.

"This is the working city schematic I had made for my last domain. As you can see the red dots represent working camera's that are on networks, and the orange dots are ones that I had compromised. Keep in mind I was the only one working on this, so its not even that many camera's but due to those camera's and a bit of luck, I got this footage which lead to the capture of those who had been assasinating and targeting members of the court." She pulled up the archives and there was a series of clips with different time stamps, but it clearly showed a construction site and company, and the Kindred meeting with them. One of them had the roman numeral 7 on their wrist. "Unfortunately we didn't get to them in time to prevent the Ordo Dracul Chapter house from having its roof ripped off midday in a crane 'accident.' If city officials had moved on this information with more gusto, it could have been prevented and less chaos effecting us all."

16. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer blinked, showing surprise. It was quickly smoothed over to a look of polite interest. "These images-" She points with her pencil to the last files. "- are of Kindred? I wouldn't mind hearing more of that exciting and troubling occurence...
    It reminded her of the Bombing of Avalon, and the unity that had bound different Clans together to catch the Brides.

"I need a bit more background on this. I want to clarify - you are wishing to generate a computer program that can identify Kindred, identify Kindred or Masquerade indicator marks and identifying features in dress. Do I have that correct?"
    Her tone is direct, a scholar working on something.

Jennifer brings out a lined note pad and makes a quick note - track controlled / accessed cameras.

"How do you know which are Kindred controlled?" Jennifer asked, using her pen as a highlighter to indicate the orange tinted dots. "You worked with other clans and they shared their information?"

Jennifer studied the city schematic in silence for a few moments. She glances to her notepad and writes in short hand.
    Inter Clan rapport sharing information controlling backdoor access controlling access control domain.
    Active sysadmin? Workload of sysadmin? Require staff to run during daylight?
    Secretive kindred, kindred not wanting their niche disclosed? Not wanting to be tracked?

The Nosferatu took a break and set down the pencil. She didn't glance at the notes again, they were just tracking her initial random thoughts."That addresses something that concerns me - anything we have online, or in a database, can be accessed. I don't mean to tell you what you already know, I can see you are clearly well educated. I am stating my overall topic when I state these facts. How do we prevent unauthorized access to our information?
    I was also working through the hours on cataloging and monitoring this. You managed all this yourself, which answers my question. How many hours a week did you devote to this?"

18. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smiled ever so slightly at her surprise to actually see Kindred in the clips. What it looked like exactly. How Quinn had hunted others in the past. A shadow crawled over Quinn, she remembered just how shocked she was to find everything she had feared was correct. To actually having proof without any confrontation or direct risk. “We can save that for the end, if you’d like to hear it, I would be obliged to tell you.” She offered with a nod before moving on.

“Minor correction, I already have a program that does this, but if we were to go live with this here in Sacramento, we would need more parameters programmed in for comparison so the program can work as anticipated, but at its most basic yes.”

“These are cameras that I have personally compromised. Some areas had more than one camera on their network, each that I have access to are the orange dots, and the red are the ones that are out there but I have no access too, yet of course. “ To be fair to Quinn, she had compromised a good bit of them, peppered over the city.

Quinn nodded in agreement. “It is a risk we will be taking, but unlike a normal surveillance program, this is not a 24-hours a day and seven days a week intrusion. I simply updated the camera’s programming to include our parameters and to send the information to my dummy box first, then it scans the info as actual information we want from the cameras and transfers the information to our server and database. This interim step will give us a heads up when someone finds this anomaly if say the system is hit by lightning or something and has to be replaced, or loses power due to normal outages and has to be reinstalled. Usually this doesn’t happen, but I have thought about it. It self monitors and updates if we lose access even temporarily from a camera.”

“At first I devoted all of my time to it, but as I previously went over I got smarter about it, and ran scripts and programs so that it doesn’t need constant monitoring. I got it down to 10 hours a week give or take, but usually less. Depends on how good the intel is on the traffic. How much the cameras are picking up.”

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread