(Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

"Yeah," Ram confirmed as Yamiyo showed the sign for teacher.
    <Yes.>

"I'm fine. I'll keep it in mind. What's the sign for keep and mind?"
    He'd read somewhere that you only really needed to know a hundred basic words or so for rudimentary communication. Felt like a lot more.
    <I good. Know in the future I>

"Well, I do ram," he said with a half smile.
    <I ram.>

"Makes sense. Like I'd be R or Breaker. How do you sign makes sense, and breaker?"
    <Know well. R my name. How sign M A K E S E N S E B R E A K E R person?>
    the fingerspelling went on for way longer after he finished his sentence.

"What would you do differently?" he asked curiously. The Render had just taken on a new name himself, if he was going to need another one it would be nice to have the opinion of someone who spoke the language.
    <How name today you?>
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    (Perfect grace and klutziness)
    Mantle (spring)
    (Fresh scent of roses, vanilla and cinnamon.)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:
    See picture link in signature, make slight adjustments for what your character find appeasing.

Mask:
    150cm, 41kg/90lbs, small petite woman with an appearance slightly changing for each viewer to always be found appeasing.
    Long well managed hair, agile and dextrous but also slightly klutzy.

Mantle:
    A fresh air of newly blossomed roses with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Small rose petals dancing behind her, around her ankles and occasionally around her hair.
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

Hedgespun AnkleBracelet (●)
    + 1 Defense
    Mask: Sturdy glistering silver chain with a pagan knot emblem on it.
    Mien: As if woven by the wind itself.

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Mask: Choker.
    Mien: Woven threads of glistering amber with the the sun, moon and star woven from the light they belong to lightly glistening when any form of light hits them.
    Equipment

Purse
    Small shield: +1 defense, +2 during dodge.
    Lockpicks: +3
    Mirror
    Smartphone - oneplus 7 256gb
    Sewing gear - (various, sheer's, thread's, needles, measuring tape, a couple of buttons, seam ripper)
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    A combined personal attack alarm/watch/flashlight - waterproof 160 decibel
    Pepper Spray
    Stun Gun (compact blue streetwise)
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Health: 7
    Defense:
    Base: 2,
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2
    Total standard: 4/5
    Contract: 6/7
    Dodge: +2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Succubus / Incubus Romancer

"No need to be modest, in case you need it so is it actually good for the brain." Putting her cup aside to get up to do seven jumps while tossing her arms out before sitting down again and drinking some. "I quite like it myself, then again my small size does not retain heat all that well when not in movement." Might be part of why she needed to move more than him, nevertheless the cocoa did help.

Shaking a bit.
    "Do not ram into me please, you could probably make me fly quarter of a mile if you did." Softly chuckling, a bit exaggerated perhaps but still it would be far.

Sipping some more cocoa, lightly tapping her lips.
    "Hmm now that is hard. These are the signs for them individually." Slowly showing him each individual sign. "However a name is better when it's quick so if you wanna create a name from it so should you try out a way that feels best for you. Now of course you can use the full combination." Slowly showing him again. "Or you can combine, breakdown or set them all up until you find what feels like you. Unlike spoken names so can sign names be a lot more individual, it's not important to get the full signing of things out but rather to create the sign that is you. So you will have to work with what I just showed you and create your own." Giving him a kind smile. "Do not rush it though, take your time and try them all around until you feel satisfied."

A quick blush accompanied by a giggle.
    "Honestly? I would probably try to make it cuter or lovelier, perhaps focusing more on who I am or just use the meaning of the second part of my name. Avoiding the darkness aspects."
    Succubus/Romancer Base mien

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

"Let's go for a stroll then," Ram said happily nd got up suddenly, though him noticing her shaking factored in as well. Sacramento may not be the deadly cold of elsewhere but for those that got used to the heat, chilly started to mean something else.

He paused to see if she'd follow but also to try to think. He didn't know the sign for walk and in his attempt to guess ended up using the P sign and wiggling the down pointed fingers like they were legs <you, I>

"What's the sign for stroll?"
    <How sign S T R O L L?>

He laughed at her joke. "I guess it's as good a time as any. How does tense work? I know past tense and future but not any others."
    <Good day know. How T E N S E know? Know sign n the past. Know sign in the future. No today>

"Why don't you just change your name?" he asked with a curious look.
    <Why no C H A N G E name?>

"Recently got a new name myself. Andrew. You could too," then again, Ram knew stability could also be important "if you wanted."
    <In the past take name me. A. You 2.>

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:
    See picture link in signature, make slight adjustments for what your character find appeasing.

Mask:
    150cm, 41kg/90lbs, small petite woman with an appearance slightly changing for each viewer to always be found appeasing.

Mantle:
    A fresh air of newly blossomed roses with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Small rose petals dancing behind her, around her ankles and occasionally around her hair.
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Mien: Woven threads of glistering amber with the the sun, moon and star woven from the light they belong to lightly glistening when any form of light hits them.
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Sewing gear - (various, sheer's, thread's, needles, measuring tape, a couple of buttons, seam ripper)
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Hmm this would be hard.
    "Give me a minute to finish my cocoa first then, it will be hard to sign and carry it." Making sure to not drink to fast but finishing it of relatively quickly. "There now we can go."

Like before showing him how to make the sign, along with showing it to him in various ways making sure to explain the difference between them all. For example walk, stroll, jog.

Was that so funny? She hadn't really joked but he seemed to like it so why not.
    "Hmm this will be quite a long reply so stop and watch me carefully so that you will really have a chance to follow."

Ohh this would be a lot.
    "First of we have present tense which is easy just sign close to your body."

"Next we have past tense which is a bit harder to do. What you need to do is to sign the mark for finish first which means that this have already happened, it can be done last in the sentence as well but first is more common. You can also say the word fish whilst signing finish but whilst it can be polite so is it not always needed." No reason to say it around deaf people.

"In order to get to future so do you instead sign Will at the beginning of the sentence to show that it will happen, additionally so the further away from your body you sign the more it indicates farther into the future. Which is part of why it's important to normally sign quite close to the body."

Looking him over.
    "Did I explain that well enough?" She had never thought the language before, some signs yes but not more than that.

Giving him a half sad half complex look.
    "Well it's my name, I made it like that so to change it would be to change it would be to change a part of me. It would be to give up a piece of who I am, no my name is my name and I see no desire to change it. That is my name, I made it for myself and it is mine. No matter that I do not see things the same way now as I did then I still made it my name. Same with my given name, that is me and I will never give it up on a more permanent basis." To use an alias for a brief time fine but never give it up.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

“Close to the body,” he said.
    <Close to body> He repeated her signs to confirm.

It made sense. He’d read somewhere about parents and children basically making up their own sign languages. That ASL was sort of an amalgamation of those. It sort of made sense that it was still so close to the roots of meaning, having been standardized only recently.

He nodded. Her sign from what he had been using but still had the slightly upward and backward motion. The same was true with ‘will’. Though apparently, he’d been doing it on the wrong side of his sentences.

“So not like E D endings,” he replied.
    <No E D>

“I mean, I’ll probably forget,”
    he said with a smile “But you explained well"
    <Will not know tomorrow. Finish teach good you>

He again nodded at her explanation. He supposed it was different for those that remembered their names. Something of their past the Good Folk hadn’t tainted. Ram’s smile faltered slightly, it wasn’t so much memory, but he knew whatever name he had had, it had been soiled by things even before the Battlefield. The Render could feel the anger there. Buried deep. In many ways it burned even hotter than the rage he held for the Fair Folk. Yet, Yamoiyo didn’t need to be exposed to it. She had suffered enough. They had all suffered enough.

The grin returned.

“So, the staff room usually has hot water and tea,” he said before realizing he’d made a mistake <Sorry. S T A F F R O O M T E A made will> It wasn’t his best sentence structure. Still had to work on that.

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

A confirming nod.
    "For when you normally speak in the present yes, that will be your primary." Looking over his arms for a brief moment. "No need to go overboard on length away though, just find a way that feels comfortable for you. There is no set limit for how far away to have your arms and people does tend to say dates anyway."

Shaking her head.
    "No they opted for the word finish instead, as said you can add in saying the word fish but depending on situation so will that not always be optimal. Likewise so can you place these signs at the end of a sentence. However the common aspect is at the start which will make it easier. It will also be better for when you're talking with people that needs some time to translate it in their minds, to change things up there might just make it hard for them to keep up."

Looking a little happy.
    "I have never really thought it to others that much before, some simple signs and some signs between brief friendships yes but not as in someone wanting to learn the language." Various small ones with various former partners though but that was not the same.

"It might sound a bit weird for me it's just that my mother gave me two gifts in this life one was my life and the other my first name. Those are the only things I know that she gave me so I am not really fond of letting it go." Softly chuckling, she had been more than happy to get rid of her surname though.

"Ohh? I have actually never seen it, never really worked here so I have only been to the needed rooms." Letting her eyes fly around a bit, he most likely knew which areas she were referring to if for nothing else cause he had seen her there. Then again she had never seen him in the tavern. "Do you enjoy working here?"

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

"Well," pause to consider signs as well "probably shouldn't stay long. It is technically staff only."
    <Room, no S T A Y. Staff O N L Y.>

"Do I enjoy working here?" he repeated her signs as well, changing the subject "Yeah. Makes me feel useful. Gives me something to do.
    <Do I enjoy working here?> he hoped his mimicry was matching <Yes. F E E L good I. Give 1 do>

"Could pay more," he said with a cheeky grin.
    <P A Y M O R E> He made sure to exaggerate the size of his spelling. More than he did already.

Ram kept his pace a bit slower than usual, matching the smaller tempting steps of the succubus while still staying a bit ahead so she wouldn't feel like he expected her to go to a place she didn't know.

"Kind of the easiest option, really," Ram admitted "Got the job after talking with Titania and Circe. Used those connections." The signs told more of the real story of Funderland not asking for thorough background checks.
    <Work good> he tried to make the signs as flowing as possible <Talk T and C finished. No A S K who. No A S K where. No A S K I D> Even obfuscated he looked around a bit to check no one was paying attention.

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

"We don't have to go there in case you don't need to. It's not that cold just moving a little is enough for me, otherwise so do I doubt anyone would mind as long as security has eyes on me." Flicking her wrist for a second and lightly giggling. "Be warned though I am a skilled thief." Giving him a wink to show how she's just playing around.

Watching his signing, helping him correct any potential small errors or giving him hints in case he seems to get stuck.
    "That's good, I were offered work here but I took my own talents and went with something else." Not the best but it had been fruitful. "Never really seen much of the inside of normal work though, never had a need or chance for it." Having been close to mention her fetch but perhaps that were words that would not be nice to hear for the ogre, not all had lost as little as she had.

A soft chuckle.
    "Ohh perhaps you should ask for a raise then." Some boon for being who they were should be doable. "Are you saving for something in particular? Or what do you want or perhaps dreaming or longing for?"

Whilst being small and taking small strides so were she at least relatively quick or well used to have to keep up with larger people.

Lifting a finger to her mouth and making a shhh noice by blowing air, looking around to make sure no one was close before speaking softly.
    "Ellie and Mary, some names are better not to speak unless you're completely sure no one that shouldn't pick them up cannot." True she were overly cautious as of late but with cultists and one of them around so were every ounce of being careful important.
    "That's good, it's always nice when one can enjoy their work. I have long wondered what it would mean to wake up and actually in some sense look forward to go to work." Knowing very well how they could fix work without checks, they had their control here for a reason.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

“Shouldn’t be a big deal,” he assured her as they reached the break room building.
    <No P R O B L E M> Ugh, he still felt really slow when spelling things and since it took so much concentration he couldn’t even plit attention to badge in while he did it. Finally though, he was done and opened the door.

A short walk and a doorway later they were in a small room with one couch, a chair, a tv turned to the news channel, and a counter space with the much desired coffee machine. There was a fridge too but he wasn’t about to steal anyone’s lunch. It was all empty of personnel currently, so Ram took the coffee pot with water before putting straight onto the burner to heat up. Hopefully the taste of grounds wouldn’t be too powerful once it finished boiling.

“What do you do?” he asked, pausing in his pursual of cupboards to find the tea in order to sign.
    <Work you what?> Had she told him earlier? He wasn’t sure. Hopefully he hadn’t forgotten something.

Finding a couple boxes he took them down from the shelf. “So we’ve got Lipto’s, peppermint from Christmas, and box of random assorted herbals,” he said the an uncertain grimacey smile. With his hands full he couldn’t even really sign. He just held one out after the other before putting them down in front of the coffee pot.

He gave her a ‘I know what you’re asking’ side-eye as he took out a peppermint bag.

“Only been on the job a few months. Not long enough to ask for a raise.”
    <Work day>
    he kept the sign for day short <No raise>

“But I am hoping to get some better armor eventually.”
    <W A N T A R M O R>

He gave her a cuious look when she talked about Ellie and Mary before it clicked.
    “Right Eleanor and… Mary?” he wasn’t used to calling Circe by anything else.
    <E and M>

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Entering the break room and feeling the warmth sip through her for a bit, not that it was all to cold outside but being still with her small body did make the cold grow in her.

"What I do hmm that is three parted to be honest, first of so am I a student at a local university and a sorority member." Looking down a bit as this next part were harder to speak of. "My income comes from being a sugar baby though and through getting money into secure investments with ample long term gains. Most of the ones I do talk with are really wealthy and can give a lot of suggestions for how to manage my money." Exhaling. "It's nothing sexual involved though."

"Do you need better armor? If you need it for the job so should it be doable and if you just want it so am I sure that Mary can hook you up."

Looking at the clock.
    "If you do not mind so should I really get going, practice what we spoke about today." Handing over some papers to him with most of the rules and things written down along with example sentences. "If or when you're ready or want another session just text or call me."

Giving him a kind smile.
    "It was fun and thank you but no thanks on the tea, anything with caffeine is dangerous for me I get so weird on that."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread