Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Was he using as an excuse? A bit. On the other hand, there wasn’t really anything he wasn’t committing to either.

“Maybe,”
    he finally admitted “I’ve probably fallen into a survival mindset. Anxiety comes easily to me, unfortunately. And I doubt that will be changing anytime some.” Not unless he found several dozen people on anti-anxiety medication to feed off of and even then he wasn’t sure how his physiology even worked anymore.

“Would you feel better if I didn’t stay?” JC asked. It did sound harsh but he appreciated the honesty. “I’d rather not risk our friendship if that’s the case.”
    Presence (Quiet Listener) 1 / BP1 / Mask of Tranquility

2. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is silent, considering J.C.'s words, his offer really.

After a long moment, Dirt Nap says, "I would not feel good about putting you out onto the street, so no. If you do get your own place though, to be honest, I do feel a little bit limited on being about to talk freely with Ms. Durant about Covenant business, knowing how the sound carries in the old place."

"Either way, our friendship isn't at stake, not a whit. Rest your mind at ease on that account."

"It's your choice what your priorities are. I know for me, as soon as I could sleep in the ground, I felt a lot less anxious about a lot of things."

4. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

There was a greedy small (somewhat desperate) part of JC that wanted him to not say anything more. And it was hard to argue with it. The House offered better shelter, definitely more comfortable, better situated for hunting, and offered (maybe most importantly) companionship. It wasn't something he wanted to give up, yet at the same time... he didn't want to live on a foundation of lies.

"I do have a Haven," he said slowly and nodded toward wear the underside of the bridge met the ground. It couldn't really be seen easily but there was a hole extending below the concrete and pavement that JC had found and with some debris and trash had made sun proof.

6. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is silent as JC considers, and then confesses. It's a significant act of trust.

"Let's plan on you officially being an honored and welcome guest of the Dragons, no matter where you choose to sleep on any particular night, at least until you get the knack for sleeping in the ground." Dirt Nap suggests softly.

"There's plenty of room, and if there's a night I believe the Dragon business needs privacy, I'll let you know ahead of time and ask when is a good night for you. I won't ever just tell you to go, JC. I don't want to do that, and there's no reason it's needed."

He looks at JC steadily. "Thank you for putting your trust in me, JC. It's a real honor."

8. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

Even with the sense of relief hearing he was still welcome, that didn’t make the vulnerability hangover magically go away. JC still felt the worry, it simply and expertly shifted to what would happen when he learned to sleep in the soil, or if Dirt Nap was only making the allowance when seeing how modest JC’s haven was. He let the thoughts know they would be examined right now but to please just allow a little time to feel grateful.

The blinked and smiled slightly.

“Thank you,” was all he could really say at this point. “I’m glad to have you in my nights.”

10. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap maintains eye contact for a long moment, unblinking and still, perhaps a little owlish.

"Okay that's settled then." He says abrupt in the long silence. "Now tell me about this guy who died from the bar that's got you concerned. Don't worry about how I can help, just lay it out for me, and let me think on it a few minutes, if you please." Dirt Nap suggests.

12. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"There's a bar near the Chapter House. The Wrangler, to the north. It was in the early night but I decided to see if there were any prospects for hunting. I noticed a man at the end of the bar who had already had a few and seemed to be drunk. I waited until he'd had several more drinks and then when he went to the bathroom, I followed and fed. He pissed himself," might as well not leave out any details "I remember checking to make sure he was breathing and then I left," he was silent for a second "And I let the bartender know there was a man unconscious name in the bathroom."

"A while later I saw a news report about a young man, Richard Harper, found dead in the restroom at the Wrangler. And something about the bar not having trouble since a con?" JC shook his head.

"I'm not sure if it was even the same man. I remember checking to make sure he was breathing," he stated emphatically before forcing himself to relax "but...," and here was the kicker "I also know memory is not accurate. And certainty is not evidence of truth." He hated some of things he knew sometimes.

14. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens closely, and then as promised, he is silent. Apparently thinking for long minutes.

Then he says. "Well, I'd rather trust an unreliable memory of an honest man than a picture from a man whose lied before."

He is silent a moment longer and then says, "A little while back, in Court, a real powerful fella, announced that four bodies at the coronors were going to be autopsied, and that all four had been seen with one of our kind, from this Domain before they died."

Dirt Nap pauses and says, "Then another person volunteered that they had a photo of a crime scene and a detailed report."

Dirt Nap thinks some more. "I don't have anything 'cept what I heard. And what you are saying...sounds mighty similar."

Another silence and then, "When did this happen? How long ago?"

16. Likes liked this post

Attribute (Presence)
    (Quiet listener)
    Aspect of the Predator
    Mask of Tranquility
    JC Smith

Cacophony Whisperer

PRE

"What?! What did they look like? What did they want," JC felt the anxiety rising again. The fear of being targeted. Or that this was some elaborate test by his sire. No, she would more likely have let him think he had killed Harper. Though that was small comfort when you were potentially being framed for crimes you didn't commit.

"Sorry," JC croaked softly, reigning in his emotions. He 'tensed the blood in his muscles and released. Harden the blood, let it stagnate.

"Just, yes. That does sound similar. Disturbingly."

He took another moment to consider the rest of Dirt Nap's words "About two months ago. Half way through November would have been when he died. Though I didn't see the report till a couple weeks later."

18. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap ponders. He nods. He chuckles.

Then Dirt Nap says, "Well, JC I think it's time for a house meeting. Let's head up to the house."

Can we close and get this into continuity and start a new haven scene in the Chapter House with Quinn Durant?

20. Likes , Scourge liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread