(Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    New ID (Andrew Sarcacious)
    Mantle (Summer)
    (+1 Athletics, Sounds of Battle)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

Ram stood near the Funderland wishing well waiting for Yamiyo . He'd chosen the time and location to be close to a Spring hot spot when the park was closed to hopefully make Yamiyo feel more at ease. Not that this was strictly Lost business. Maybe he should have set this up at a different time. He'd gotten off work about half an hour before hand and had used the time to change out his uniform and grab to cups of hot chocolate. It was still fairly nippy at this time of day and he'd thought it would be nice to have something to keep them warm. However, as he stood there he realized that maybe bringing something that kept your hands full to a sign language lesson might not have been the best idea. That didn't even take into account the fact he'd also brought his new sign dictionary in his back pocket.
    Render | Strength 6 | Mantle 1 Distant sounds of battle

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    (Perfect grace and klutziness)
    Mantle (spring)
    (Fresh scent of roses, vanilla and cinnamon.)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:
    See picture link in signature, make slight adjustments for what your character find appeasing.

Mask:
    150cm, 41kg/90lbs, small petite woman with an appearance slightly changing for each viewer to always be found appeasing.
    Long well managed hair, agile and dextrous but also slightly klutzy.

Mantle:
    A fresh air of newly blossomed roses with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Small rose petals dancing behind her, around her ankles and occasionally around her hair.
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

Hedgespun AnkleBracelet (●)
    + 1 Defense
    Mask: Sturdy glistering silver chain with a pagan knot emblem on it.
    Mien: As if woven by the wind itself.

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Mask: Choker.
    Mien: Woven threads of glistering amber with the the sun, moon and star woven from the light they belong to lightly glistening when any form of light hits them.
    Equipment

Purse
    Small shield: +1 defense, +2 during dodge.
    Lockpicks: +3
    Mirror
    Smartphone - oneplus 7 256gb
    Sewing gear - (various, sheer's, thread's, needles, measuring tape, a couple of buttons, seam ripper)
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    A combined personal attack alarm/watch/flashlight - waterproof 160 decibel
    Pepper Spray
    Stun Gun (compact blue streetwise)
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Health: 7
    Defense:
    Base: 2,
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2
    Total standard: 4/5
    Contract: 6/7
    Dodge: +2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Succubus / Incubus Romancer

Arriving at the appointed time dressed up in her favorite clothes, carrying a bit bigger Christmas gift neatly wrapped slowly making her way towards the fountain the gift clearly slowing her down a bit.

Spotting him from a bit across and smiling until she finally arrives up to him.
    "Sorry did you wait long?" Handing over the Christmas gift to him with a happy smile. "Didn't see you at the Christmas party so thought this would be a good chance to give you your gift, I hope you will like it."

Gift

Sitting down at the fountain and taking a breath of relief from finally not having to carry that gift anymore.
    "So did you wanna have the lesson here outside or would you like to sit down somewhere nearby or go somewhere else and is there anything special you wanted to learn first? Naturally so will we have to cover some bases but we can focus on areas you feel the biggest need for if you like." As always her hands effortlessly signing along as she speaks clearly having plenty of experience in doing so.
    Succubus/Romancer Base mien

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    Merit (Arcadian Body:Str)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask
    Six foot, barrel chested, and didn't skip leg day. Ram is a muscle bound behemoth. His face and body are scarred from numerous injuries and his movements look stilted with pain occasionally. Still, his craggy face does soften occasionally.

Mien
    Ram looks like he could knuckle walk if he wanted. His arms and chest are enormous. More akin to a gorilla than human. His skin is an amalgamation of stony hide with fire cracks running through it and pieces of Fey machinery grafted at the joints. Segmented pieces of metal are bolted to run down his spine legs. Wood covers his skull with willow leaves providing hair, while curved bone horns sprout from the foliage.

PRE

“I, uh, got you a hot chocolate,” Ram said handing it to her as she handed off her large packages that were apparently his now. “Wow, this is a lot,” he said before stopping himself, not wanting her to feel bad for getting it. His own small gift seemed very small indeed now. “But thanks. Sorry I didn’t make the Christmas party.” He hadn’t even realized there would be one. Had he missed an announcement?

“I was thinking we could have it here,” he said, setting down the presents and taking a seat next to her “Nothing to specific on focus. I’ve got the alphabet mostly down, though my finger spelling is slow. Been mostly focusing on asking questions and trying to remember grammar and not just sign in English. And to include facial expressions. And increase vocabulary. And comprehension. You know,” he said jokingly “Just the basics.” Learning a language was a simple task after all he thought sarcastically to himself.

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:
    See picture link in signature, make slight adjustments for what your character find appeasing.

Mask:
    150cm, 41kg/90lbs, small petite woman with an appearance slightly changing for each viewer to always be found appeasing.

Mantle:
    A fresh air of newly blossomed roses with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. Small rose petals dancing behind her, around her ankles and occasionally around her hair.
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Mien: Woven threads of glistering amber with the the sun, moon and star woven from the light they belong to lightly glistening when any form of light hits them.
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Sewing gear - (various, sheer's, thread's, needles, measuring tape, a couple of buttons, seam ripper)
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Giving him a warm smile and taking the hot chocolate.
    "Thank you, that's very kind of you and how sweet of you to remember that I do not drink coffee." Sipping a little of the cocoa.

"I hope you do not mind I asked your roommate to check your sizes for me so I could get ones that would fit you. Sad to say I couldn't come up with something more personal so I hope these will be of use." They didn't know each other well enough for that.

Nodding towards his words and taking it in.
    "Alright so then you know that the grammar of ASL is not the same as the grammar of the English language and follows it's own rules depending on the sentence you wanna say. Along with the way to build a proper sentence structure in ASL is topic, subject verb, object, subject-pronoun-tag. In that order, oddly enough some common things does not have proper ways to sign them and instead have various local ones or ones that just falls into broader terms."

Giving him a bit to take that in before carrying on.
    "For example broccoli does not have a true sign but there are various local ones or you just call it a vegetable." She herself using signs referring to it as a little tree.

"Do not worry about the speed, speed comes with experience instead focus on learning. Just tell me if you wish for me to sign slower but also remember and sorry about not answering this before I wasn't ready." He had asked about her hearing at the movie night. "I rapidly grew deaf around 4-5 and started to learn to sign around there and then regained my hearing thanks to a" shuttering a bit "doctor whilst I were away. Still I used earplugs for a long time after, missing the silence. Anyway the point of it all is that I have over 15 years of experience and no one will fault you for taking your time to sign."

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Ram took a deep breath and nodded. Trying to take it all in and prepare himself. He knew, after all, that what he needed most was practice.

<Words, how,> he spoke as he signed but then paused for not knowing the sign "Look up?" he did a quick search in his dictionary <Search for>

He shook his head as he thought of a better way to say it

<Signs, how search for?> he made sure to include the quizzical look for asking a question <How know...> Quick search <local sign?>

When she brought up her 'doctor' he gave her an understanding look <ok you?> he felt confident enough in those words he didn't speak them.

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Watching his efforts with a sense of delight, it was nice to see someone really make an effort. All her words being slowly spoken whilst slowly signing, mostly so he would have a chance to see how she signed them.
    "Well the easiest way is to decide on the entire sentence or meaning that you wanna say and then combine the signs needed for it in a proper grammar. It can be a bit hard to get used to the grammar though as the rules aren't the same as in English, many ASL primary and none verbal ASL users often have issues with this even at college levels so do not feel bad if it feels hard." It was not that easy and even attempting to learn should be given credit.

"I see that you have a book that is a good start, but if you have the time so are there proper apps but the easiest is to practice with someone that knows the language and who can teach you. The best way to go is of course to have some parts that you wanna know and then ask for them, naturally so are there starts and good things to go over that will help you get a grasp for the language and in time so will you just sense what is right." That was often how languages came to her. "But otherwise so do you have the book which should hold the most important ones and in an emergency so can you use the alphabet, an experienced person will most likely help you if they know the word and you are speaking with them."

Shaking her head a bit.
    "There is no way to know local signs other than by experiencing them, a local sign can be as large as California or the eastern seaboard or as small that only one or two people knows it. Same with names, many have their own way to sign their name so you have to see it to know it." Bases sure but concrete were hard.

Applauding him for signing without speaking.
    "I am, do not worry I have had years to process it. Still have some flaws though" giggling a little "but no one here knows them. So how about this, if you fully learn the language so will I tell you why I lost my hearing in the first place."

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

Ram tried his best to match the hypnotic movements of Yamiyo's hands to the words she was saying and mentally translating how the languages differed so that he was actually putting the right meaning to each sign. All while also trying to pay attention to what was being said. Oh yeah, and making sure to watch facial expressions as well, he reminded himself halfway through.

He had to shuffle through the book quite a bit before he got to a useable word/s.
    "You know a good app?" Ram's speech was halting was he worked do what felt like five things at once.
    <Phone program, know good 1 you?>

"I tried some but they weren't helpful." Most amounted to dictionaries in their own right.
    <Try in the past I. No help.>

He had to look up the sign for name. Got sent to 'call'. He really should know that one already.
    "So what's your sign name?"
    he asked.
    <How sign name you?>

"What?"
    long pause and deep breath "counts as learning the language?"
    <What...>
    he paused and decided to try without looking up count <1 2 3 know in the future sign>

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Letting him take his time with the book whilst thinking, still keeping up the ways of speaking and signing slowly so that it would be easy to follow.
    "You know I can show you how to sign instead of you having to go through the book if you wish, I am here to help you learn." Sipping some of the cocoa.

Shaking her head in reply.
    "Sorry no I don't, it has been to long since I learned it and the apps I do use for language studies does not include ASL." She had gone through most of her learning with tutors.

Nodding in understandment.
    "I can understand that, there are to many around and you really need to get the right one. Not to mention that ASL and all sign languages have a different form of life than ones meant to be spoken." They were not the same at all.

Smiling ohh this would be lovely.
    "Try and mimic me here." Slowly signing her name in a way that she preferred it to be shown combining signs from dark, stars and night to make it into her name. "That is how I made my name, in time we gotta work out your full one as well."

"Hmm I would say when we can have an entire conversation without the need of books, aid or anything else just our hands." Giggling a little. "I know it might not be the most interesting tale so perhaps not the best incentive to master it." Not that she could think of a better one that she could be sure wouldn't be offensive though.

Attribute (Strength)
    (Barrel Chested)
    (Huge Arms)
    Attribute (Dexterity)
    (Bull in a China shop)
    Mantle (Summer)
    Ram

Mask

Mien

PRE

"Oh, uh, sorry," the Render said. Had he insulted her. He hoped not. It was more he just expected correction and it did feel a bit awkward to ask what every other word meant. Then again, wasn't that why he was here?

"I mean," he hastily correct and balled his fist before passing it in a circle twice in front of his chest.
    <Sorry.>

<Know you teach person> he signed without speaking, more as reminder to himself than anything else. Although after he did he paused <Know teach person you?> How did he ask ask for clarification <How sign..?>

"I know you're the teacher," he finished taking her up on her invitation to ask.

He suspected that most of the good ASL apps were behind a paywall. It felt unfair. Though at the same time... hadn't he paid for the dictionary? Somethings just felt different when you could hold the in your hands. More... real.

Ram ran his hand through his hair and over his horns to refocus.

"What did that first sign mean?" he asked giving a questioning look and a shrug of his shoulders.
    <What 1 in the past sign?>

"And, uh, is there a sign for Ram?" he gritted his teeth slightly in embarrassment. "And how do you say 'and?"
    <What sign R A M?>
    he had to finger spell the last bit of course.

Yamiyo Lillich
    Striking looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Presence
    (Unknowing temptress)
    Narcissus’s Blessing
    (Romancer Kith)
    Dexterity
    Mantle (spring)
    Yamiyo Lillich

Mien:

Mask:

Mantle:
    Hedgespun equipment

Hedgespun equipment:

+ 1 Defense

Hedgespun level 0:

Hedgespun Choker (0)
    Equipment

Purse
    Mirror
    Hair/bobby pins
    Zippo lighter
    Ankle bracelet D+1
    Pepper Spray
    Sunglasses
    MM's
    Doggie treats
    Battle

Defense:
    Shield+1/2
    Anklet+1
    contract+2

+2
    SL
    PRE

Slowly waving her hands.
    "Nothing to be sorry about, I get the desire for self reliance but I am here to tutor you right." Giving him a kind smile whilst signing back<Well done.>

Trying to get what he really meant, looking a bit unsure.
    "Sorry I might have misread you there, if you meant just that I am the tutor here and to ask how to sign what I think you asked so is it like this." Slowly forming the signs and waiting for him to follow, letting it take the time it needed.

Chuckling a bit.
    "Sorry if I am mistaken about this but you're a physical type of guy right? If so try to get up and run a little in place or do a few jumps. That might help your blood flow a bit and ease the stress, you are doing very well."

"The meaning of my name is dark night, so I added in the stars to make it feel more like a dark starry night, but the first part is made from dark but they are all combined into one fluid gesture."

"This is how you sign and" forming the sign for him. "However know that it is not that commonly used, you will use both, with, plus, also" showing him each sign slowly and clearly as she speaks the words "a lot more. And is used of course but a lot less."

Tapping her lip for a bit before shaking her head.
    "Let me teach you two things here, first of this is ram" showing him the sign for it. "But that is ram as in ramming into someone, names work a bit differently in ASL. Names are either signed arbitrarily meaning that the name sign uses the initial of someone's English name – such as Diana, Debbie, and Dawn. Or name signs can be descriptive based on a physical characteristic or behavior that tends to exemplify the person in question." Taking a breath to see that he had followed along. "That is why I can use the meaning of my name and add in stars, true had I picked my signing today so would it have been different. Does all of that make sense?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread