Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

If Jacque wasn't a walking corpse, you'd almost be able to see a little more life in the Ventrue. Pep in his step perhaps, if not an outright deliberateness in his actions. In almost two years, he had shifted his paradigm from curing the cancer of his affliction to now unlocking powers hidden within the blood and making them work for him.

The Lord, dressed to the nines, made his way past security and into the sub-level of the Nox. As he rounded the corner into the corridor of offices, he performed his usual ritual of pressing out wrinkles and straightening his attire for proper presentation. A tug at his Rolex aligned its face properly to the outside of his wrist.

Reaching his destination he rapped on the office door. There was no doubt the Apex was waiting for him on the other side.

Alessandra

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Come in.” comes Ale’s voice from the other side of the door.

Upon entering, it’s worth noting that not a whole lot had changed. Except the painting, which always seemed to be changing. This time it was a landscape type painting, still a bit dark though.

The Savage was standing at one of the shelves, the glass removed from one of the butterfly displays as she appeared to be fixing something. She was dressed in what could be considered business casual, leather skirt with a white t shirt and blazer.

Her head turns, “Ah, Mister Jacque, good evening. Please, come in.” the glass dome replaced on the display as she moves to the seating area, picking a book up off a seat and closing it. “How’ve you been?” the lack of a Beast was nice.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He carefully opened the door an entered the den. Familiarity had given the man some comfort in her presence, but the beast still cowered in terror of the alpha. Perhaps there was some wisdom in those instincts, as even the man knew his position of favor correlated with his usefulness- a position he aimed to reinforce this evening. Nevertheless, the pleas of the beast were silenced and he pressed on.

"Your Grace," he bowed in greeting. "Another new painting, I see."

"Quite well," he answered as he found his way towards the seating area. "As I alluded in my letter, I can finally report that the work is done." A prideful expression formed as he elaborated, "I now possess the power to seal lies from the lips of mortals and kindred."

Blood Hunt:

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod of her head, “A recent acquisition. I thought I might look more into landscapes.” Dark landscapes, but landscapes none the less.

Sitting, she leans back, listening as he spoke. Upon hearing the news, she smiles, “Congratulations are in order then! You’ve put forth a lot of time and effort, at least, that’s how it sounded when you told me of it before.” If she remembered right.

“Have you had the chance to test it out?” she asks, “The way you spoke of it made it sound quite intriguing,” a pause, “and quite useful.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you. There was certainly much trial and error even after the extensive research." The Prince seemed pleased and curious; both of which were always welcome by the Lord. "Only on the Kine to confirm the fruits of my labors."

"There are, of course, limitations to the power. It is almost child's play when it comes to the Kine, but for us the stronger the blood of the target the more difficult it is to apply the seal. The duration of the seal is also limited, and can vary depending on the target." He smiles as he adds, "Unlike my ability to Dominate the mind of a subject, the target also retains free will."

"In other words, they can choose not to speak at all." He shrugged his shoulders as he added, "...however, in the foreseeable applications of this power, their freedom would have little impact on getting results. Not speaking when you can't lie still gives you valuable insight."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

An elbow was set on the arm rest, a finger placed on her chin, “I’ve always found it fascinating how we are able to research such things. One would think there would be a urge to hide the information, keep it for yourself, yet the information is there.” Not that she had done much researching herself. Only a few topics here and there.

Nodding her head once, “I recall you mentioning you weren’t sure on how, subtle, the ability would be. Have you been able to learn anymore of that? Well, at least with Kine.” The true test would be on another Kindred. “I would be curious to know how it works on Kindred. If they are able to pick up on it, or anything of the sort.” It would tell how to best use such a power. Would he be able to get away with it anytime? Or would there be a sign…a tell.

A shallower nod, “Hmm.” Consideration on the words. Then a cold smile, “Oh, it gives valuable insight. Sometimes silence speaks louder then words. And the consequences are just as dire.” But she was sure he knew that.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"This journey has highlighted a fact that I've taken for granted in my danse," he interlocks his fingers as he shares. "The different Kindred families all mastered different ways of leveraging this curse of ours. The more you know about these signature strengths, the stronger your foundation is for unlocking other useful secrets our blood contains."

Jacque chuckled as he reflected on the now obvious statement, "Naturally, this reinforces the importance of not simply sharing family secrets haphazardly."

A grin formed across his lips as Alessandra reminded him, "Ah yes, I believe you'll be pleased with this. The target merely needs to be in my presence. There is no tell from the power itself other than lies no longer being able to be vocalized. In a crowded enough situation like Court it would be impossible to tell when it happens or who did it."

"Precisely, your Grace," he agreed, though the cold smile reminded him quickly to tow the line carefully with his pride.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“You’re not wrong in that assessment.” There wasn’t really much to say on that matter.

Laughing as well, “Family secrets in the wrong hands is dangerous. Take a neonate who learns my family’s gift, and is quick to anger, that’s a walking breach. Where we’ve had it drilled into our heads how to be careful with them and just what they can do. Not that I haven’t made my own mistakes, but so goes learning.” They all had to fall to grow.

The Savage leans forward slightly, “Oh really? It’s that simple?” then settles back, “But nothing is ever that straight forward and simple.” If something seemed easy, there would be a catch. A finger taps against her chin for a few moments, thinking, sorting, planning. “Maybe you should test it out at such a gathering. But only if a suitable situation arose of course. I would want powers thrown around Court just because.” It was in the Laws, she had to say it. “I’ve always been one of those people that believes things when I see them, so to speak. I realize somethings are impossible to see, but you get the general idea I think.” And if not? Well, there was no helping that.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"How you wish to leverage the fruits of my labor is completely up to you," he affirms with a smile. "The only thing I would offer as a word of caution is that I believe the power best serves when it is an unknown asset." He considers thoughtfully before recommending, "If you signal me with some kind of direct gesture then it is a simple cause and effect for the target and witnesses to understand what happened. Perhaps a casual phrase can be agreed upon that would inconspicuously alert me of your desire to employ the power."

He twists his lips into a grin, "Then it is a simple matter of taking care of would-be liar before they can expose the secret. A being afflicted by my seal who doesn't attempt to lie would never be aware they were under my power at all." He shrugs as he leans back, "Then again, it could be very motivating to keep your shit on the up and up when the whole Domain knows the Prince can expose lies with great ease."

Almost talking himself out of his initial proposal he adds, "Far less hassle that way, but the discrete signal would still be beneficial. Otherwise, the snakes will simply wait for me to not be around to risk sharing their deceptions and mistruths."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Oh, I completely agree. One always keeps such useful and powerful assets to themselves.” She had a few of her own. “Not to mention, it can be entertaining to watch someone hang themselves with their words.” Maybe that was just her who enjoyed it. “Now that is an intriguing way to go about it. Perhaps I should teach you Italian at some point.” She jokes with a smirk. But was it really a joke? “But that might become too obvious. What would you suggest?” after all, it was his idea.

A sly smile appears, “Oh, that isn’t a problem. Maybe it will do people good to remember why Archon Twist has holds such a title.” She knew she needed to let Twist fill her role as Archon and handle those types of matters. Though there was nothing like feeling your Claws rip through a body. “Now this leads to me to wonder what’s in it for you. Clearly, you’ve put in the time and effort to achieve this. And I’ve been around long enough to know nothing comes for free. So tell me Mister Jacque, what is going to be your price?” no one gave use of powers for free. Everyone wanted something. What did he want?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread