THREADID
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer arrived for the appointment that Horatio and herself had set up during Quinn Durant's acknowledgement. No matter what had occurred at elysium more recently, completely blowing him off would be an insult.

Was Jennifer not ready to write him off yet or was something more important?

Jennifer wore a knee length brown dress with a tie at the waist and practical flats that she could run in. Her hair was styled in a half up, half down style in loose curls.

She had checked her leather backpack at the door in compliance with Elysium, bringing a leather journal that was mostly blank and a few pens.
    She strode to the assigned meeting room with confidence.

@Horatio

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio shows up in a nice tailored suit. Carrying with him is a leather iPad/notepad case with a fountain pen and apple pen, a mix of the old with new.
    He strides into the meeting room after a knock for an announcement and makes a bow. "Good evening Lady Notary Hazelton, how are you this evening?"
    Horatio finds a place to open his case and set everything down before turning his attention back to Lady Notary with a smile. He notes the lack of beast, and is glad to not have that to contend with.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer gave Horatio a nod of respect befitting a Priscus. Dark eyes take in the suit favorably, reflecting that she had dressed down and he had dressed up. Ironic, she thought to herself.

"Good evening." She rasped.
    "I am well. You left Court rather abruptly. All is well, I trust?"

Jennifer watches him set up and moves to a section of table where they could easily see one another and converse. She simply sets her book down and her favorite pen. She makes a casual gesture for him to seat himself as she pulls out a seat, waits for him to do the same, and seats herself. Even this was done with an eye to Horatio's face as the Nosferatu gauged his reaction. Something common place for her, yet she is unsure how he interprets courtesies.

Personally, she could understand fleeing Court after a correction by the Apex Predator.

"I wished to touch base with you and perhaps make an inquiry. How are you finding Sacramento? Are you finding that your Family members are settling in well?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio takes note of the nod, finds it interesting to the say the least. He takes the seat offered while answering her question.
    "Thank you. All is well, just went and googled etiquette is all." He says with a mirthful smile.

Horatio settles into the seat before continuing. "I am finding the city fine, I am enjoying the parks and some of the bars, Sacramento is surprisingly very dog friendly. In the top ten I believe it is. Over 30 dog parks if you can imagine, a dozen bars/eateries with dog areas.
    From what I can tell, they are, I still need to check on the newest
    ." He checks his notes before starting again. "Maeve, I have to check on her it would seem. Quinn seems well adjusted and already making nice. No worries there."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

He Googled Kindred etiquette? I don't think so.

Jennifer stared at Horatio for a minute as he seemed to not take his position seriously at all. The mirthful smile alone. She wondered if he knew just how precarious his position was and then reminded herself that she didn't care. She smiled genuinely at imagining all the hilarious consequences that could tumble down like dominos.

"Yes, Madame Durant seems like she will excel here. I spotted her speaking With Mr. Heinrich and Dirt Nap.
    Jennifer's Curse asserts itself as her voice slithers out, creepy and supernatural.

The smile is gone, she is serious now. Studying Horatio, she doesn't think that he heard what she had remarked to the Prince about Durant. She expected others had been paying close attention to what was said to the Prince. Could he not know?
    She made no comment on Maeve. She already had her first impressions, but the night was young. Surprises happened.

"We made this little meet up before Court scuffle happened, so there is no need to beat a dead horse. I have no interest in it."

Jennifer drawled. She hadn't tutored someone on etiquette in years.

"What we shall discuss is the common knowledge that Shadows and Haunts complement each other. Deliciously so." She smiled. "Sometimes we play little games of one up - manship to gain prestige in front of the Court Officers. Sometimes we make alliances. What I am curious about is if you have had your first Mekhet meeting yet? Have you laid down what you will forbid and allow?

You know how Kindred love being made to feel special, or that they hold special knowledge."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes pisces liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio nods to her affirmation.
    Horatio listens to her and takes note of her dismissal of being somewhat on the wrong side. His body language shows he is paying attention.
    "Yes, they do that sometimes." He looks to his notes. "I have one scheduled but I have yet to announce it yet. And no, I have not laid down anything." He doesn't really like the idea of being the law maker for his clan here. It is not a burden he likes, but he'll do it nonetheless.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer admits nothing of being in the wrong. She simply is tired of excuses and smirks.

"I expect that you have plans for what rules you will lay down." She states neutrally, watching his expression. She attempted to gauge his age from his expressions or lack thereof.

"Conner Greyson was a truly amazing priscus. Martha Villiers also was somewhat of an institution for a time. If you are interested in clan history, I could mention what I know."

Conner had been part of who sponsored Los Tigres, her coterie, to the Invictus.
    "I had something that I wanted to mention. I am curious about being taught something by one of your clan. It's something I began years ago. Under a Prince who encouraged those Mekhet to assist me.

Would you be interested in helping me to progress?"

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio smiles warmly. "I am still working on that. A history of the clan in the area would be educational."
    Horatio nods listening to her request.
    "I am sure I can gander a guess. You would like help with learning the Auspex discipline?" He looks thoughtful for a second before continuing on.
    "I would, but there would be a price of course, only fair."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I know some of your signature discipline already. As I said, the Prince greenlighted it. Yes, I would need a teacher to attain greater progress."

Jennifer replied, studying Horatio. There was a reason that she chose to meet here, but it blocked her own opportunities to take advantage as well.
    Tit for tat.

Jennifer studies the mekhet to see where he would take her response.

Jennifer Hazelton

Scene closed

Closed Thread