Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    (A Siberian husky in training)
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio sends a short message to Dirt Nap about a short session of the teaching of the new discipline. He is in a unused room of the house, waiting for Dirt Nap, he has set up some tests to see how well he has taken to the teachings with this session. He sets up in an hour of time before sending the message, he hopes it is to his liking, he loves teaching but is not used to kindred being the students, usually kine. "Hello Dirt Nap, would like to begin our teachings?"

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap arrives in person about thirty minutes later.

"Sir?" He says softly as he enters the Chapter House. "I'm ready if you are."

Dirt Nap is wearing work clothes, though he doesn't smell bad. He takes off his hat indoors, and his hair is unruly.

4. Likes liked this post

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio smiles as he gestures to a chair. "Please sit, we will just work the beginning phases of this."
    Horatio pulls out a blindfold for Dirt Nap to take as he sits.
    "Put the blindfold on, and as you sit I want you to listen to your blood about me, whatever gut feeling you get. Tell me what it is and I will tell you if you are hitting the spot we are aiming for with this exercise."
    Horatio stands in front of Dirt Nap waiting for him.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Okay." "Sir." Dirt Nap says, taking the seat and accepting a blindfold and obediently adjusting it to truly block his vision.

He reaches out with his inner blood, for Horatio's blood, somehow!

2 successes

Hope it's okay to jump a little bit into the process, as he's got the experience spend approved to get Auspex 1 !

This is a contested roll vs Horatio's Resolve + Blood Potency + any Obfuscate + Protean 2 if he has it.

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Dirt Nap can tell that Horatio is hungry but not starving.
    1 success

It is fine, don't mind at all. Lol

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods slowly, and opens his eyes, looking at Horatio. "I believe I did hear...something. It was like a restlessness. Unsettled, like. Almost...a grumbling belly." He says.

He nods. "Alright, sir. I want to be true to my word." He says, producing a nondescript, cheap ballpoint pen as if entirely incidental, not making a show of it, but as if he were just drawing out his wallet or something.

"Now, the trick is..." Dirt Nap says, slowly, speaking softly, "...you don't think about the thing you'd like to hide, because...it's not there. It never was. You can't even recall what it was, a trick of the light made it seem like something was there...but there really wasn't anything there atall."

Dirt Nap's hand is empty, in fact it seems like nothing was there in the first place.

1 success

Dirt Nap nods, satisfied.

Horatio can of course contest the effect; it is weak, and easily defeated if actively contested, but he will see that Dirt Nap would be able to effectively conceal the item from those who have no reason to be looking for it.

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio watches Dirt Nap and gives an approving nod as Dirt Nap comments correctly. "Yes, now remember that it's kinda like a gut instinct enhanced by the blood."
    He watches the display with the pen and he thinks he may have but isn't quite sure yet. "I see, or not see. It seems to be a trick of the mind then, you stop noticing it like your eyes with your nose being in view." Horatio grabs a pen and tries but just ends up doing some obvious sleight of hand after giving up. "I'll keep practicing it."

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is still and listening and watching intently as Horatio provides instruction.

Then he nods when Horatio describes his understanding of obfuscation. "I believe you're right. Having the knack for being tricky especially with quick fingers helps just the same, though." Dirt Nap says thoughtfully.

"Thank you for showing me the way of it." Dirt Nap says. "I'll keep up my practicing too."

Horatio Quilz
    Retainer
    Status(Ordo Dracul)
    (Stalwart)
    Horatio Quilz

PRE

Horatio smiles at Dirt Nap before replying. "Thank you as well."
    He looks around and then gives a slight bow. "Till the next time. We shall both practice, and if you need more pointers I will be happy to help."

Good to end if you are. Thank you for the scene.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods. "Yes Sir, I'll be sure to do take you up on that, alright." He assures his superior. He doesn't make the same offer in reciprocation, owing to their difference in rank and because he considers it a given that he would try to help if asked. Besides, with boons involved, it's only right.

Yes! Thank you for the amazing scene! I am good to close.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread