Watch

Return to Mather Heritage Trail

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze sighs and nods. "Yeah, that makes sense. City life is like that, tons of people all around, and they're all strangers, even next door neighbors. It takes a lot of effort to actually get to know people, and if you try, there's a decent chance they don't have time and will get creeped out and wonder why you are putting in the effort." He says.

"It's not always like that, but you do kind of have to work at it, I guess it's a little like what you said about hunting or fishing. I might see someone just kind of doing their thing and just nod or smile or not even that for the first couple of times, and then after maybe a week of them seeing me around and getting used to the idea I must live around there or something, I can say 'hi' and offer to help them carry groceries or something. Most people will say 'no' then, but it kind of breaks the ice where they might say 'hi' or smile next time, and yeah, it can take time to build up even a shallow, acquaintence level relationship with people who live right by you without them thinking you're a weirdo and avoiding you if you try to rush it."

Kaze laughs, "I guess it hasn't been like that for you with people?"
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sighing and just nodding to his words.
    "Yeah that sounds about right, sadly that is so far from me though so it makes it hard to just get it in. I am far to used to having everyone around me be so close that it's not weird to share a bed together. Not for sexual matters but either just for warmth, because you are sad and need someone or a frightened child seeking their way to the one that comforts them." Giggling a bit "I cannot tell you how many nights I went to bed alone and then woke up having so many kids around me it was hard to move." Warmly smiling "Then again that is hardly strange, my primary job was to take care of the kids after all so I spent a lot of time with them so no wonder they came to feel safety from my presence it did lead to some small issues though but I didn't really mind." Her eyes lightly shining as she recalls fond memories.

"I do get what you are saying though it is just vastly different from what I am used to that is all and I do know that I have to learn to accept that or give up and find another group similar to how I was raised and spend my life there not that I think I could anymore." No she was to different now compared to how she used to be. "Pretty much not no, for me there have mostly been three types first the ones around me which were as I just said and then the townies that was still just a small town where everyone knew each other so those from there either didn't like us cause we were different or were friendly cause it was a nice town or you know puberty and hormones. True fights happened as well as teasing but just normal youth stuff nothing serious but still everyone could talk with everyone and most people knew who most people were. You didn't call the doctor, doctor or by last name but rather first name and most people were on first name basis with others and then we had the shock of seeing city's that were well yeah like this so it has been quite a hard thing for me to get used to."

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles. "I bet if you were around long enough, some of those kids grew up to have a serious crush on you, their babysitter." He says. "Either way, it's nice to see you talking about happy memories."

Kaze sighs, "It's funny how something bad that happens can take away all the good memories for a while. I am just now starting to really feel the good memories from before I lost my parents. I was just numb to that for the longest time. It feels really good."

He listens to Skye reminisce as they run along side by side. "There are small towns around, you know. I mean, even places like Davis, basically a small college town, with a vet school, and a lot of farm land around." He says. "You could get a place there, and like, commute. I mean, it's only a thirty minute drive."

Kaze smiles, "I mean, it might take a lot of work, but you could do it, live in a small town with animals and knowing everyone's name. Of course, things are different now; I mean, we don't necessarily have as much in common as before. I guess there's that saying, 'You can never go home', you know? We can't have things the same as they were when we were kids."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lightly giggling a little bit.
    "Ohh what makes you think that none of them had? I broke up more than one fight that had started over the right of which one of them would marry me when they grew up, then again that was just innocent child love not real love or anything serious but you are right it could very well have become something more serious once the teenage years started." Smiling a bit "The fact that I am openly bisexual as well would probably not have made things better either." Smiling a bit coyly "Then again who knows I might just be confused due to lack in the dating department that is not impossible either and thanks I did have a rather nice upbringing so I have many a fond memories of growing up, I do think of them far to rarely though." Just life when they often led her to remember the carnage not long afterwards, a sight that still hunted her dreams far more often than she cared to admit.

Sighing a bit her eyes rolling down a bit as she gets silent for a while before answering.
    "I know what you mean, the links between memories can certainly make it hard to take in the good without feeling the pain all over again and it will either break you or numb you at least for a while. Moving on does come with time for most but the road there is not a short one nor an easy one. However it is always nice when you can see the good times, smile at them and honor the good without getting overwhelmed by the bad." They both had that journey behind them and knew how hard it was it seemed.

"Well in time maybe but I do not even really like sleeping at my own place to be honest, I enjoy sleeping at work and close to Phoenyx should something happen. I am perhaps still fresh but I do believe that if we can both be ready as fast as possible so is that a benefit, not to mention that so far so would it feel a bit wrong as I would just leave the only small gathering of people I have far to far of. I do should look into what kind of town it is though, see there events and such to see if I can get a foot in with them maybe one day get a place there which will be far easier if people already know me in advance, perhaps they have some fair where I can present some of my creations and get some nice time with people. I am still rather young so I can probably nest my way in with nice ways. Thank you for the tip" Thinking a bit "Say would you mind using that beloved truck of yours to help me get some things there to display, sell or what not if they have any event where it would fit?"

Shaking her head a bit.
    "True going home will never be the same as we are not the same but that does not mean that we cannot find a way to find a place to live and exist where we feel the best, but I do know that I have far more darkness in me now than I did before and are far to numb to certain things that does scare me sometimes."

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods, listening and making listening sound like, "Um huh." Did he know that Skye was 'openly' bisexual? Yes. He remembered her sort of mentioning that, but it was hard to tell what was aspirational for Skye or actual practice. She seemed to describe herself as lacking any real sexual experience, practically virginal, but more for lack of opportunity than lack of intention. She also seemed to enjoy getting a reaction out of people. So, sure. He gives a reaction. What are friends for?

Kaze smiles, "You know, if you aren't super picky, there are a lot of people in the city that would probably be interested." He offers. "I mean, you've been here a little while. Hasn't anyone asked you out or you know, hit on you? Like in a coffee shop or just walking on the sidewalk?" He asks, interested in her experiences so far in Sacramento.

Kaze nods in agreement, "Yeah. I think for me, I can only enjoy the good memories when I let go of trying to somehow get back what I lost." He says thoughtfully. "I have to get to where I am looking forward to life, not just missing what I had before, and then I can honestly just be happy for that I did get to have it. I'm kind of learning that it's a better way to honor the people that I lost, that I miss anyway, being happy for the times we were together instead of being sad that it's over."

"Sure, " Kaze says with a smile, "I'd love to help out with giving you a ride and hauling stuff. Just let me know when and where, Skye."

Kaze listens to Skye talking about darkness in her and being numb. He sighs in empathy. "Yeah." He agrees, listening.

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Just nodding along with a coy smile to his reaction not really knowing at all how he had taken it.
    "Yeah sorry if that came as a surprise I did think I had been rather open with my sexuality though or was it something else that you reacted to?" She had told him that she had never had a date right? Yes she most certainly had so that shouldn't really be a surprise so what else was there to react to? Thinking on it for a bit but just coming up empty so that was most rightly what he must have reacted to.

Shaking her head a bit.
    "Nope, not a one then again I do not really frequent anything other than the thrift store and whilst sure I do get looks from people both whom make it obvious, those whom try to be stealthy and most likely those I miss so do I just not get a lot of chance there and whenever I try so do I always fail although that is most likely due to my personality. Not really caring what people around me think and being to forward and strong have a tendency to make people feel insecure and back away more often than not it seems." Rolling her eyes a bit "Then again I guess that I do am a bit picky in some ways and in some ways not I don't really know to be honest. Then there is the difference of if you just want someone in bed, a date or a relationship and then you need to take into account how inherently different our lives are compared to others and the kind of danger that can bring which means that some people would it be a bit to unkind to date and then we have arghhh far to much to think of." She had pondered these things more than once in her own mind these past years and always found new and annoying things about it but no real answer.

Smiling a kind smile towards him, her eyes calm and warm as she looks at him feeling happy that she is used to be on the move or this might be hard to do whilst jogging.
    "It is always alright to miss those we have lost, to mourn them and take the time we need to move on. However if we get stuck in the past, focusing on all the sadness and feel the hole in us take over. If the people who we think of truly cared for us so would they want us to move on and be happy, remember the good times and never let them die as long as you remember them so will their memory live on but if one gets stuck on just thinking about the bad, letting it hold one back and to let it break one then you will neither honor those whom are lost nor have a chance to smile again but rather just become a living dead stuck in a moment that can never change. Remember it all, honor ones memories but still push on to smile again both for your own sake but also for those whom are lost as well." Taking a calming breath "Also this may not be as correct in the sentiment but the end goal is rarely the most important rather the journey there is and nothing in this life that comes easily is worth anything. You will never appreciate something handed to you as much as something you fought tooth and nails to get or come to."

"Thanks, I just need to head to the library and ask if they have any tips or some help to offer on that front they should be able to look it up if they do not already know of it." Libraries were always a good source of information in any town or city alike in her experience at least.

Just sighing a bit as a response, looking at him and nodding she didn't doubt for a second that he knew full well what she was speaking about.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods, "Yeah...I mean, you are kind of really open about offering to have sex...I think I heard you offer with Madison, me and Alice...but at the same time, I just get the feeling that getting someone to have sex wouldn't be that hard...if that was really what you wanted?" He says with a questioning, slightly mystified tone indicating that he doesn't really know what Skye's purpose is in talking so openly about being open to sex.

"That's the truth!" Kaze says, laughing. "If I could skip straight to the 'learning the lesson' part, and skip over the whole pain and depression part, that would be great!" He sighs. "That's just not how any of this works."

"Libraries are great." Kaze agrees with a smile. "Of course, you have to pretty much just read up on what you want to know while you're there at the library, and maybe make some photocopies, unless you can do all the paperwork and provide ID to get in their system."

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing a bit at his comment.
    "Yeah that sounds about right even if some more than other in that scale interested me more than others, I did also try to invite Pixel and even tried to give him another chance to do it without others knowing in case he was just shy but that got way to misread." Shaking her head a bit "Still each and every time I have done it served it's purpose, why do you find it that weird or is there anything you want to know about it? Do not hesitate to ask if such is the case." Sighing a bit "I do would much rather prefer a date than just sex though that would be more enjoyable and I don't know it is not the easiest to get someone into the bedchambers in my experience unless you're willing to just take anyone but where is the fun in that if there is no chance for further connections."

Her eyebrows a bit and shaking her head.
    "What would be so great with that? If you just got the answer and had it all done so would you miss the journey there and missing the journey would be another tragedy and just hinder you in the end in my opinion. It is never good to skip to the end just cause it seems easier." Nope one needed every step in order to appreciate it things, in order to grow and in order to be whole.

"True but what many people miss is that you can ask the librarians so much stuff that they will happily help look up and search for the information for you. They provide a great service far to many tend to forget that they do." Yeah libraries were way to under used in her opinion.

"On another note so I have been thinking a bit about our archery training or well my training to shoot arrows at you and for you to evade them. Seeing as you did not wanna take lesser threats so maybe we should take something that is in the same speed but less dangerous and make or get some foam tipped arrows. If such arrows do hit you so will you not suffer any real damage, maybe some bruises at worst but nothing more and I can still launch them with some speed. There is one issue with that though and normally I would not like to ask for this but since this is mainly for your benefit so do I think it is not to bad, sadly you will either need to buy the arrows for me I think you can get them rather cheaply though." They were only 10-30$ for her to fill her quiver with ease "Or help me get the material to make them myself, I can fix it myself but then it will have to wait until mid September or so for me to be able to spare that kind of capital I am afraid."

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Wow, Pixel?" Kaze thinks about it; he hasn't actually seen Pixel in a while. Younger guy, a college student or something, yeah...he could see it, he guesses. "Okay. I guess I could see that." He admits. "He sure didn't seem like the shy type to me though."

"So, have you been in any of the libraries here in Sacramento?" Kaze asks casually.

"Oh, okay...which do you like better, making your own or buying some from the store? How much would it be?" Kaze asks about the arrows.

As they finish their last round, Kaze smiles, "Oh hey, I have that music player for you. I downloaded the music you asked for, and loaded it on the player." Their run finished, he fishes out the small music player from a pocket and hands it to Skye.

"I found a lot of music from the artists and the types you asked for; there's about five hundred songs, so it should last you a while." Kaze says as he begins to stretch out and cool down from the run.

Thanks for the great scene! We're at the last day of the limit, so if you get a chance to post tomorrow, i will wait to close it until tomorrow evening or the next morning.

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sighing a bit.
    "Well that was how he came of with his no touching rules and I did not meet him much so I don't know him well at all. And some guys are really private, shy or similar things when it come to dating or sleeping with someone as such so did I think that might be the case. Nevertheless I do admit that he is cute but not really someone I could date, our personalities seemed to far apart." Besides there were others in the city whom both looked more appealing to her and that she might get along with better not that she was actually sure if anyone were someone she could date though.

Shaking her head a bit.
    "Nahh I have passed by it but that is pretty much it, I was there after the sun had set. I have found it easier to explore the city at night since less people are about in most places especially on weekdays." True some were still around but not all to many.

Looking a bit of.
    "Doesn't really matter to me it's more of a money question than anything since it is not really ones I will use for anything else than your training so are they not ones I need to connect with. And money wise I don't really know, I think you could fill my quiver for 35 dollars top though, I have seen youngsters get their hand on them rather easily and being able to afford them without much issue so it's not all to expensive." They were roughly two dollars per arrow sold in packs of five but that was not really something she knew but still a quick search would give that answer.

Taking the player with a smile.
    "Thanks, I hope it wasn't to much trouble. If you ever need anything wooden made or anything repaired don't hesitate to ask for my help in return I am quite skilled with my hands. Could probably even work as a handyman to be honest or wait I have told you that already, ohh well no harm in repetition every now and again anyways the offer is an open one." Taking the player and attaching it to her side, not having the earbuds with her so was it not something she could use now anyways."

Looking at him with big eyes.
    "Five hundred songs? Wow that should keep them from being all to repetitive at least, I really gotta look into taking a computer class in the coming year though and maybe get one as well so I can learn to do stuff like this for myself."
    Jumping around a bit, stretching out her body a bit as she rolls her neck.
    "Thanks for the run it's always a good way to start the day, makes you feel a lot better about the rest of the day even if you don't do anything at all."

"Anyways I should probably head back to my quarters, should be a nice little jog to get there to round this up. Take care and be safe here now, watch out for dangerous hedgehogs around I hear they can steal your heart if you're not careful"

Orientating herself and getting ready to run back to her quarters and take a shower.

Thanks for the scene.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread