Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “A plan for decorating? No way. Think I’d pull my hair out. No thanks.” Not her thing.

Tucking her legs under herself, “I’m not completely sure to be honest. I had been leaning towards taking my hobby of refurbishing furniture into a business. But it’s taking a chance that what I make will sell, and I’m on the fence about it.” Unsure, not wanting to fail.

Drinking her coffee, she listens, a nod here and there. “Less money, but maybe more morality? Which has to count for something. Was law always what you wanted to do?” she’d heard some people say they always wanted to do what they did.

Reaching over and picking out a muffin, “I haven’t had a chance to talk with a Ladder in a few years. The Ladder was actually my first Order, so it’s nice to have one in town.”

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah, that's right. You mentioned something about refurbishing furniture that night at the bar," Naga snapped her fingers as the memory resurfaced. "And I have some office pieces that could use some work." She smiled pleasantly, "Do let me know when you get off the fence."

"Pretty much, unless you count that period in elementary school when I wanted to be a professional pony groomer." The Warlock smirked, "I'm not the first lawyer in my family, but I have been the most successful."

Eyebrows shot up in surprise over this revelation, "You were? May I ask why you left and joined the Mysterium?"

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Really? You want me to work on some pieces?” she had that business card from Campy, but another Awakened? “Think you better see some pieces I’ve done and decide if you want to do that.” Jokes the Shaman with a laugh.

“Professional pony groomer? Now there’s a profession you don’t hear a whole lot. Do you still like horses? Or are we talking the oh so adorable mini horse?” figuring there must have been enjoyment of the animal. “Oh that’s really cool. I’m sure that’s a bragging point for them.” If she was still in contact. “My mother wasn’t too happy with me going on my own, but I found more success that way.” Able to do what she wanted, setting her own limits.

Taking a piece of the muffin and chewing it, she nods, “For quite a while. I left because events took me in a different direction and the Ladder just didn’t fit me anymore. While the Mysterium seemed like a better fit. It called to me the way the Ladder did way back when.” A small shrug, “I also think I outgrew arguing with people about the Lex, my heart just isn’t in that. Politics is exhausting, especially in Sacramento.” A chuckle.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"If you want to show me some of your work, I'd be happy to decide." The Warlock chuckled before she looked over the selection of muffins and selected one with pecans and almonds on top.

"I was a bit pony-obsessed as a child. As I got older I realized I'd probably become bored doing something like that for a living. In any case, yes, my parents were quite pleased with my career success." A shrug of her shoulders. "So, your mother wanted you to stay in the circus?"

Naga smiled, picking pieces of nuts off of her muffin and eating them, "Thankfully, I argue for a living, and I'm pretty good at it. The Ladder suits me well. What appeals to you about the Mysterium?"

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Sipping her coffee, “Well, it’s only fair. My style of work might not fit what you’re looking for. But thankfully, most of my pieces are here.” Meaning the loft.

Giggling, “I think a lot of kids are obsessed. I know I always loved the mini ponies at the circus as a kid.” They were just cute. “Yeah, pretty much. My parents didn’t want to push the envelope for shows, content with the same acts that everyone does. For me, I wanted to push the boundaries and add a bit of danger. Make a name for myself.” And she did.

A nod as she too picks off a piece of her muffin, “I used to enjoy it.” But, things happen. “A few things. I wanted an Order that fit what I wanted in life and that called to me the way the Ladder once did. The Mysterium gives me goals I can work towards, and the chance to hunt for things not seen in years is just exciting. Being a Shaman, I can bring a variety of skills to the hunt of artifacts that others can’t. Not that there is anything wrong with other Paths, not at all.” Nope. Each Path had strengths. “There is a whole new challenge to the Mysterium that I couldn’t get with the Ladder. Though I am thankfully for the knowledge I learned from my time with them. The tests I took with the Ladder have given me insight into the Lex and how to apply it.” Popping the piece of muffin in her mouth, she chewed thoughtfully, “Was it you career in law that drew you to the Ladder?” then she laughs, “I’m not trying to get you to leave it or anything, just trying to get to know you. A lot of Awakened have come through our Consilium that are, well, a bit out there. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders.” Which was rare sometimes.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

Naga nodded, looking about the loft at the various pieces of furnished furniture. "Any pieces you're particularly proud of?" she asked.

"Miniature horses are quite adorable," she had to agree. It was logical. "Creativity is important in life. If you're going to just do the same thing over and over, why not have a machine do it?"

The Warlock smiled as she listened to Aurora talk about the Mysterium, "Well, I'm glad you found your passion in the Awakened world." Being an Atlantean Indiana Jones was probably fun. Just not for her, really. "I wish more magi outside the Ladder had a better understanding of the Lex. Some people can't even be bothered to learn traffic laws."

She sipped from her coffee, "The other way around really. The Ladder was drawn to me. Scouted me out, so to speak." She chuckled, "It's alright. From what little I've seen, I have to agree. There's been some oddballs. That Igor fellow, for instance." She found it hard to believe he was a Ladder. Not that it mattered since he was already gone. "Thanks, though. I try to not be weird."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Thinking a moment, “Yeah, there are a few I’m quite proud of. I was working on a piece for a previous Cabal mate, but it’s not in here. It’s in my workshop.” She picks her cell up off the table, opening a folder on it, handing it over. “It was a place for her to store her spirits. Saw the barrel at a flea market and wanted to try and use it. There is also some of the larger pieces, ones I did, but didn’t have a place for. Trying different techniques and all that. But the coffee table is an old door I found on the side of the road.” It was a bitch to get that home.

“It is. And sometimes it takes a few years to realize that, and sometimes we need to go on our own to find it. I don’t regret it or anything, it provided me a lot of important lessons. Some difficult, but worth it.” Nothing was ever easy.

Blue yes roll, “Tell me about it! The Lex is complex, but if given the time, it’s fairly straight forward. Though I admit, I still struggle with it from time to time. And there are those who decide not to try and read it, relying on others to have done that, and that’s, just, urgh.” Maybe they were intimidated by the Lex?

“Oh?”
    she’d heard of that, Orders seeking certain people. “Well, given your profession, how well-spoken you are, it makes sense.” When the Shaman thought of the Ladder, someone like Naga came to mind. Self-assured, but not arrogant. “I wonder why he didn’t come back, was curious about him. Seemed like there was more to him. But, so many people come and go from here it’s hard to keep up.”

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

Naga studied the mentioned furniture (the ones that were present, anyway) one by one as Aurora spoke of them. She nodded approvingly, "You've got real talent. What I had in mind is some of my office furniture. Some of it was damaged in the move. My desk, a some chairs, a couple wooden filing cabinets."

She chuckled, "I found law school prepared me well for studying the Lex. Fundamentally, it's all just laws, just applied to a different society." She took a small bite of her muffin, now that she had cleaned the sliced almonds off the top of it. "Most Sleepers don't know their own laws, or wildly misunderstand them. I'm used to the ignorance, and I try not to hold it against anyone."

A minor shrug, "Whatever contact information was in that folder he gave me seems to be useless. He didn't answer any inquiries. I've since destroyed it and cut any possible sympathetic ties. Just in case he was up to something, you know?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Some talent, but the more I work on pieces, the better it gets. Or so I’m hoping.” A small laugh. She was good at swallowing swords and playing with fire. “How bad was it damaged? The amount of damage tells if it’s a quick fix, or a complete rehaul. And I’ve done a few chairs, not my strongest skill, but they don’t look worse after. So I consider it a win.” It was the fabric, that gave her a hard time.

“Never really thought if it that way. But I’ve also never attended law school.”
    Not even close. “I keep hoping to find easier ways to explain it to others, different ways of helping them understand the more complex portions. But so far, I haven’t come up with anything.” Shrugging and picking another bite of the muffin. “You know, I can say that’s true. But I’ve also been in the unique situation where there are certain laws I have to be aware of if I’m performing a show. Like is fire allowed in a certain park, what permits do I need. But not holding the ignorance against people is good. I have to sometimes make myself take a step back and realize that not everyone has read the Lex or wants to. But then there are those who oppose it, without any viable solution to fix what they think is broken.” Still a struggle.

“Huh.” Drinking some of her coffee, “Wonder if he was simply passing through and decided this wasn’t the city for him.” Nodding, “Probably a good thing to have done in case. Never know sometimes.” Maybe he wanted a safe place to sleep. “But the way people pass through the city makes it hard to establish any real friendships and alliances. What’s you experience been like with that? Is every Awakened community like that? I only ask because it's been years since I've spent any time anywhere else."

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Talent is a great start, but experience will always make it better." The Ladder smiled, "A few scratches, that sort of thing. The movers were less than careful. Minor stuff, but I need my office to look more professional."

"The Lex is very..." She took a moment to search for a good descriptor, but then gave up and chuckled, "Well, it's ancient and big and complicated. I've been studying intently for my future examination to make Factotum, and there's still plenty of it I miss. Dumbing it down may not even be possible. I suppose that's part of the reason the Vox exists. We master it so the rest of the Pentacle won't have to." She sipped her coffee, "I still expect magi to know the basics, though."

"Los Angeles is pretty large and stable, as a Consilium. This town surprised me with how small and transitory the population is." She set her mug down and focused on her muffin, "It is what it is, I guess. Doesn't change my assignment to maintain a Ladder presence in Sacramento."

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread