(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was always curious for her to see how others reacted to her words. To knowing she welcomed criticism and opinions. And she laughs, “I’ve always found that the tone and attitude one takes dictates the behavior of others. If one approaches me with respect, and their words are respectful, things tend to go a lot smoother. I’ve always believed that a leader needs to have a good working relationship with those around them. It’s how I’ve run my business for many years, but our business is a bit more,” a pause, “delicate. Egos are always one’s downfall.” And Kindred had huge egos.

“Computers? Not something I have a whole lot of experience in, but I can see the lure.”
    She had the basics down. “It’s too bad Mr Mitnick left, I was enjoying working with him and getting to know him. But I believe I heard that Ms Hazelton,” not using Lady felt…wrong, “has a knack for computers.” If memory served her right.

“Ah. I was headhunted here myself.”
    It still surprised her to this day that Lady Stamford approached her.

Taking a moment, she looks at the river, just enjoying the quiet.

“Not at all. For me, after leaving Italy, no place felt,”
    she stops for a second, “comfortable? It’s hard to explain. But events back home left me with a bitter taste in my mouth when it came to places to live and their government.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

The lyric from a Sturgill Simpson song came to Edward's mind as Alessandra spoke of egos: I love how everybody knows what's best, but nobody knows their place. He had nothing further to add, so he let the matter drop.

"I will inquire with Ms. Hazelton on the subject, thank you for bringing it to my attention." It was good news, excellent news, assuming Alessandra heard correctly.

"It takes a lot to be driven from your home. My condolences." The path traced a ridge before dipping back down again, "I find myself sharing your sentiment once more. Prior to Vancouver, I was adrift. My work for the NSA, for the Government; to continue slaving away for a nation-state rather than a people became something I could no longer bear. " Edward shook his head. He wouldn't have minded if the nation-state was a beautiful thing, but it wasn't.

"Do you feel comfortable in Sacramento?"
    Aside from genuine curiosity, it was good to know the chances of a sudden power vacuum. Edward felt unimportant, and unimportant people tend to suffer from power vacuums.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A brief, small nod, “Thank you, but I came to peace with it a while ago. Though I do miss home, thankfully, it’s a lot easier to have things shipped over now. So I’m able to have pieces of home here now.” Nothing big, but there was still comfort in them. A chuckle, “The government huh? Afraid they’ve never really like me or my family business. Always been at odds.” But, maybe that was to be expected. “If you don’t mind the question, was it just something you no longer enjoyed?” and then adds, “If I ask personal questions, feel free to not answer them. I don’t get to talk one on one with others all that often, so it’s a matter of learning the boundaries.” And everyone had them at different places. So frustrating.

“Comfortable? An interesting question, not one I've been asked before.”
    She comments, walking a bit before answering, “I do. It took me a few years to find my footing and find my place, but it’s home. And I’ve had to seek out ways to make myself comfortable, but I’ve been comfortable for a few years now. Though I've noticed that the city has always been welcoming. How about you? I know you’re still new to the city, but have you found any comforts?”

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

He laughed as Alessandra spoke of boundaries, "you needn't be concerned, Sophia, I've worked with programmers my entire life. I promise it is quite impossible for me to feel my boundaries imposed upon. With that said, should I feel disinclined, I will simply indicate the fact and change the subject." He laughed again, "once, years ago, we had a new hire who was... overeager. I told him he could ask me questions at any time. He tested my word by arriving with a list of questions while I was using the urinal."

"As for why, I believed the ends we were chasing justified the means. When I realized what the ends were, the actions that once felt righteous became intolerable. I still love the type of work I do, and to this day, I continue to do it." He almost continued but held back. The opposite problem of pushing boundaries was on his mind -- oversharing. You have a fantastic talk with someone and then can't interact with them after. Every later interaction becomes an attempt to have that kind of conversation again. Best to show restraint with the aim of a stable long term relationship. With that in mind, he was grateful the Prince changed the subject.

"I have, becoming familiar with the innumerable small matters of daily life, breeds comfort. Where to eat, being a major one." It always took so much time at first, rather annoying. Work was a significant comfort, but he didn't want to be that guy. You know, the one whose entire identity is their job, who can't hold a conversation about anything else? Yeah, that one. "I also enjoy the unclear pursuits." He searched for a non-computer science metaphor, "Dancing as opposed to chess. To answer the question of who is the best: the first is a matter of taste; the latter is a matter of fact." He grinned in that way he did, as if he was embarrassed to be enjoying himself. "I suppose I could have just said aesthetic pursuits." Although it wasn't how he thought about it, it just ended up that way. "Do you favour a particular art form?" And there it was, the subject transition back to the casual he had been fishing for.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She joined in and laughed, “That’s good to know.” Though now she was truly curious as to if it was true. “I’ll keep an ear out for that, a change of subject. I don’t enjoy pressing people past what they are comfortable with.” She could, but she didn’t. “A whole list?” she asks, surprised, “And at the urinal?” laughing once again. “Can’t say I would be too impressed with that, but, have to give the guy credit.”

She remained quiet, listening. “So sort of a freelancer in the field?” she asks, “But I can respect that, not agreeing with the ends. Some often become so jaded in their work that they lose sight of who they are. So I’m glad you continue to do it, for yourself, and no some selfish boss.” Silence again, “I lost myself in my work once upon a time ago, many many years ago. It cost me dearly, but it opened my eyes. A lesson I make sure I never forget.” But it did give her the unlife she had now.

“Ah, those are always a pain to get familiar with.” She remembers that, being new to a Domain, learning where you were allowed to feed. And now? She had the Domain at her disposal, and it was still surreal. “We’ll have to go out for dinner sometime, I know all the best places.” She jokes. But she was enjoying that chat, it was a small offer.

“An interesting way to put it. Though I do believe there are those who simply cannot dance.” Chuckling as she said it. “Art form? That’s a difficult question, there are many that are enjoyable. But I do favor art on canvas right now. Though watching it performed live is quite enjoyable as well.”

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Just so," Edward affirmed his previous freelancer status. He felt uncomfortable with the Prince's praise, he hadn't left because of remaining true to himself, or moral concerns. It was rage from feeling tricked, plain and simple. The Prince seemed similarly caught in memory for a moment.

Edward's lips curled with shared mirth, "I would imagine you do. I might just have to take you up on that."

"The undoubtable truth. One would think with training..." He trailed off, looking over the American River, continuing to listen.

"Is that so? I've never tried my hand, but I confess the prospect of watching a performance live is positively enticing. What a visceral display of aesthetic character! Are there shows in the city?" Edward was utterly sincere, and the emotion soaked through his tone.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “Then we’ll have to make sure it happens.” This was why she enjoyed one on one meetings with others, you got to get to know them better.

“With training?”
    a chuckle and shake of her head, “I think some of us are just born without certain talents. Dancing being one of them.” It was just how it was.

“I’ve never tried to paint either. But I’ve always admired those who could. Oh, there are many shows in the city. One of the best places to see a show is held by a very esteemed woman in our company. The Ballo Della Notte, such a stunning theater and the shows are unlike anything you will see elsewhere. So I would recommend taking in a show there when you have the time. Though I'm not sure what they are currently showing.” But he really seemed into plays, “Any special play you enjoy that you’ve seen?”

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"I look forward to it." Edward smiled, privately wondering if the invitation would ever actually come. Alessandra seemed remarkably direct, but Edward didn't particularly trust shows of being direct. What better mask was there for deception?

It seemed she had missed his point slightly on dancing, but it didn't really matter.

Edward made a mental note that Prince enjoyed paintings, he had struggled to select a gift for her during the last Invictus gathering. A lead was welcome for the next, whenever it came. "Oh? I hadn't realized the Ballo Della Notte hosted live painting." Alessandra's answer confused him slightly, so he answered half as confirmation that the Ballo Della Notte actually did host live paintings.

"I recently enjoyed Macbeth with Ms. Torsione and Ms. Greene. But my favourite remains Hamlet. I shall never tire of it." It put the question to Edward. Every day, he tried to show his answer. "The exploration of the dissonance between devotion to a structure and loyalty to a person is marvellous. And yourself? Have you a favourite?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hearing his words, she realized she didn’t hear him correctly. Well, that sucks.

But, she laughs, Sembra che ti abbia frainteso.” Comes the Italian, before she catches it, “I seem to have mishead you. My apologies. Though, that would create quite an intriguing show, a live painting. Perhaps on canves, or on the human form.” Not that she saw the theater hosting such a thing, but, it might be fun.

“Hamlet? A fine play, it never ages and always invokes powerful emotion.”
    Though it had been some time since she’d seen it performed. “Logic versus expectation.” Loyalty being something that was earned.

“I have a few, none that I have seen performed in quite some time mind you. But Saul by Vittorio Alfieri is a favorite as is Othello. Which shows us the importance of self-awareness.”

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward blinks in surprise as the unfamiliar language washes over him. "Not at all, our misunderstanding yielded an enticing idea. Your refinement of the idea, to use a human as medium, is splendid." Although harder to pull off. That only made it better.

"I'm afraid to admit I haven't seen either one, an oversight on my part. Fortunate indeed then, that there is a such a quality establishment prepared to correct that oversight." He grinned jokingly.

"Ah, but it really is such a beautiful night." He paused. The hill they stood upon offered a clear view of the city. "Part of the reason I come here is that these hills aren't natural." He elaborated, "they're relics of the gold rush, I can only imagine how much gold was pulled out of the river along these banks. And now? The part of nature that was most violated? A reserve!" Edward laughed, "wonderful!"

"It demands the question, what of the city before us shall remain in another one-hundred-and-fifty years?" Will we remain?

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread