Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Loyalty Is,) Diner Destination

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She nods. Undoubtedly, his words ring true. But if they were to leave now, Sonnie would no doubt err from the rightful path, a stray without her guidance.
    She couln't say she wasn't sympathetic to ther plight. Besides, the stranger had just admitted his crime.
    Was it a crime, really? Who would blame somebody acting to defend his loved ones.
    "Would you be willing to assist me as I investigate the truth?", she asks her host.
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

0 Scenes

"Yeah, yeah, better get him outta here. He hasn't been the same since...." the waitress says, not having moved very far at all, "He's lil'touched, y'know? Hims and his pretty wife. Rest her soul. Get him outta the diner put him 'round back, I'll grab his things and your orders, and meet y'all there." she tried for a smile, but her eyes were tight.

At centre stage, the rest of the diner patrons, have looked up from their meals and conversations, to stare, blatantly at the table, raising their voices.

"Why I was there?" The Elemental parrots back. "I lived there. We. Lived there. That fucker crawled in through are window, waving that fucking sword around tryna scare us into doin' something!" he shouts now, the flames wreathing the coal, burning. "Now, my home is burned and my wife is dead!" he stands, now there is barely a patter, and only the hissing seer of steam. Rising up form his shoulders.

If you want to make the patrons believe the GoT narrative, roll Manipulation+Subterfuge-2, and you need to beat 2!
    You can try to calm him down to get him to follow you out to the back, Presence+Persuasion-3 or Manipulation+Subterfuge-3, depending on how you do it, or you can try to manhandle him out of the diner. Strength+Brawl-3 to initiate a Grapple

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-26 18:09:21 Diner Goers rolls 5 to GoT Really? (10 Again) 7, 5, 1, 7, 10, 10, 5 2 successes

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Why the hell is John still going on about Game of Thrones?

Fuck him and his elbow! Just kill this bastard!

Shut up.

HE ADMITTED IT! KILL THE THREAT!

SHUT UP!!

The Elemental raged. The Beast strained against her leash. If she were a Summer Courtier, Sonnie would already be punching Robert's face concave. Even as a Spring, her passions were difficult to tamp down.

But doubt was seeping in.

She'd been assuming Abe's killer... killers... had been some vile monsters. Loyalists. Privateers. Someone she could hate and blame.

It didn't feel right. This wasn't how stories are supposed to go. There's supposed to be a clear villain.

This was just a grieving widower.

Was Abe the bad guy?

She sat there, eyes still on the Fireheart, if only for caution's sake. She did not say anything for the moment. The Claviger just seemed to be thinking.

Titania and Bugul would probably notice Sonnie's bag and staff were still sitting in the booth.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

4. Likes liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

(WP - Subtrefuge. Glam = Turncoat Whisper)Glamour 1 Willpower Spent
    PRE

Whisperwisp

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-26 19:45:25 Lying to the Patrons rolls 9 to Manipulation + Subtrefuge + Mantle + Specialty -2 (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 3, 4, 3, 7, 2, 2, 8, 4 1 success

This was bad and this was only getting worse. He had a duty to try and control the damage, help out his fellow Lost but this was a situation THEY caused by having no sense of decorum, tact, or situational awareness. At the very least he was going to need to talk to her about this after the fact.

He had his eyes glued on Sonnie who was clearly about to explode.

Great, you started this mess now you're leaving me to dig you out of it? Wonderful. Fuck. Find your center James, do your best and worst case...fucking bail, you didn't create this shit show.

ALL eyes were on them and that's not where he wanted or needed to be. This was no longer his problem, if Sonnie couldn't get her shit together and the other two weren't going to help this was not a cross he was going to bear alone because he wasn't about to be the target of any loyalist inquiries.

He held his hands up and got up from the table, John's voice never raised above a conversational tone though. It wasn't monotone it was just lacking the peaks and valleys of emotion the others might have.

"Hey Man, I dunno what the deal is here. All I know is my over excited acquaintance here wanted to say hi, I thought you looked like you needed a friend. You still look like you could use someone to talk to, looks like we should probably get going though. I'm going this way..."

He took a step away turning his back to the Elemental as he took a deep breath and muttered something under his breath once he was a couple steps away, then as if he was right over her shoulder whispering in her ear Titania would hear the following:

"I don't know what sonnie's problem is, I don't know what's going on but she's pushed this too far. if you can get him to come along great, either way I'll wait out back."

Let me know what to roll if anything if he wants to follow or not.

Goes by the name: John

Public: Bartholomew Bishop
    Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien
    Bugul's face is goat-like, as are his ears and short horns reminiscent of the same beast adorn his head. He is covered in rough fur, gray in color. His facial hair is more apparent, with his mustache growing think beneath his goat-like nose and the stubble on his chin growing longer like a billy goat beard. Woody vines grow from his scalp and forearms evidencing that this being is no mere Beast, but something else as well. He looks upon the world with clear blue, goatlike eyes and walks on the earth with cloven hooves.

(Speak with Authority)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

The waitress receives a nod and some cash.

"That should cover it, keep the rest,"
    he said. It was enough for their items and a good tip.

Bugul answers Titania not with words, but with actions. Grabbing Sonnie's belongings, the lanky Beast slides from his booth and rises, putting his gaze firmly unto the growing discord.

So cometh the Goatman.

Striding with purpose, he roughly hands Sonnie her things.

"Enough,"
    he said, his tone stern, if hushed.

His eyes traveled to the three in turn, a resolve in his eyes.

"Follow me,"
    he said, turning before pausing to look to the Elemental over his shoulder, "You, too. We must discuss."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-26 20:18:02 Bugul rolls 4 to Speak with Authority Pres+Pers-Penalty+WP (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 3, 4, 5, 6 1 success

The above roll factors into -3 penalty ST called for. Bugul is moving to the exit with the intent of going out back

7. Likes , Vincent, Shane liked this post

0 Scenes

Notably the diner patrons don't believe James' words. Scoffing, Someone tears off a piece of their toast and and lobs it (ineffectively) towards James. Faces reading disbelief, while eyes are shown to roll.

Stage whispers, breaks out. Key words ranging from "Allie" "El Rancho." "Bobby" "Strangers" and "Fire" not necessarily in that order.

The waitress, nodding to Bugul, takes the cash, before retreating to the window, having a quick, hushed word with the chef, before she scurries out of sight.

The standing Elemental sneers at Bugul's offered back, and his quite but forceful words. "Who the fuck are you to order me about!?" His finger clench, releasing, it looks like he wanted to sink back into his chair, but his eyes of coal, burn red hot, as the rain of his mantle continues to steam. He bares his blunt teeth in a manner Sonnie knows in her Simian heart, entirely unlike a man of fire.

His feet stay planted even as Bugul retreats from the diner, a few tense moments, the flames heated man, follows on his own.

Okay, I thought the original post of mine was trash, and I made it up quick, then my phone rang and I posted trash, and since no one's replied to my trash, I'm gonna sneak on in and fix it up. Hopefully make it not trash. :P

Okay, James Turner , I posted a request for a Persuasion roll, and you wanted to Persuade Robert to follow you, next time please just roll.

If Titania wants to sooth ruffled feathers she can. Presence + Persuasion -2 for the patrons, and a -3 for Robert.

Not in play, sloth flub
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-26 21:19:34 Robert Coal Eyes rolls 4 to Calmed? (10 Again) 8, 3, 3, 5 1 success

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

(2 Glam to boost Pre, Fairest Blesss)Glamour 2 Spent
    FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

She appreciated Sir. (yes, she just awared him with a tithe for acting like a proper gentleman) Bugul's sucessful attempt at assertiveness. He wasn't a modern day Alexander, ruling by virtue of his sheer charisma alone, but he was the closest thing to an adult in the room. Bar her of course.
    And so, she too has to step up her brinkmanship and try to salvage the situation before things escalated further. In this time and age, all it takes to go viral is one of those pesky smartphones and a social media account. See? She's learning.
    Like a panther, she springs from her seat and with feline grace she strides toward the center of the room. Showering, as she walks, her audience with the gift of her dazzling smile and her sheer angelic presence. The cute guy occupying the left booth gets a wink too, shame for his girlfriend.
    She's the gorgeous star and this is her stage. "Marvellous, everyone", she says cheerfully, clapping her hands rhytmically as her long legs propel her toward the monkey, "that should be it for the rest of the day. The King's Men thank you all, a stupendous performance for a wonderful public, as always", she turns around in a half pirouette, still charged with her smile and waving her hands and chest forward in a bow to the audience, "have we played the part well? Then applaud as We exit!, she says, nudging her peers toward the door.

Yes, look at me. She thinks. Sticking her tongue out as to cause an overload of cuteness.
    Glamour is like gardening, you have to plant the seeds to sow the Harvest. And she already basks in anticipation of the ecstatic afterglow.

6 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-27 11:26:42 Titania rolls 12 to Lead the Audience (Presence + Expression + Spec + 2Glam + SL4 - 2) (10 Again) 9, 9, 8, 6, 10, 6, 10, 1, 6, 5, 8, 5, 1, 4 6 successes

She Spends 2 Glam, she's attempting to harvest the Crowd's enthusiasm for her perfomance
    Fame ● (Social Media)

10. Likes , Abyssalstar liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

Titania

Mien

Titania

Mantle

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-27 11:37:22 Titania rolls 4 to Wits + Emp (10 Again) 9, 8, 7, 8 3 successes

5 - 2 + 3 :O
    Fame ● (Social Media)

12. Likes Abyssalstar, liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

The air went out of her tires. The uncertainty had just deflated the simian Beast of her energy. Her shoulders sagged. She barely even noticed the spectacular performance of the Bright One. The likes of Bugul and John weren't even on her radar. It took her moment to register her possessions laying in her lap.

Sonnie rose from her seat suddenly, grasping her bag and staff in her arms. She looked at the Fireheart, her expression conflicted but tired.

"Sorry about your wife, Robert."

Then, she turned and walked out of the diner. No thought was given to her ordered breakfast or the ambient glamour in the air.

No, she simply exited out the back, and went in search of something reasonably tall she could climb and sit on.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

14. Likes liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

This was a mess, thank god they had backup. Bugul was stubborn and forceful as John had experience first hand. It came in handy here as he likely wouldn't have been able to do what he had. Then the spring backup to help clear the path. Every Court had it's function and he had one he still needed to perform.

They needed to find out what this guy knew and if he was a threat to the Freehold. He'd already mentioned Funderland, not a good sign that means that was common knowledge to people outside the freehold. He'd have to treat Funderland as if it were nuclear for the short term.

He'd been waiting out back, his own back pressed to the wall regulating his breathing to remain calm, cool, and collected. Sonnie exited and he frowned slightly seeing her expression, they were going to need to talk but he knew if he said anything that short fuse might relight.

All he could do was wait for the rest of his companions and then formulate game plan from there. Who was the real villain here? What really happened? If he was the bad guy how could they disappear him unnoticed, if he was the Victim who else was his assailant working with and why were they targeted?

Goes by the name: John

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread