Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch
81 - 90
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Purgatory Origins

Page 9 of 10 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last

Matt's assault is violent and brutal. The boy-that-was-Tommy, screams in pain. The primal, high pitched echo pierces the quickly falling night, and then it stops suddenly mid-wail as Tommy's body falls to the ground like a marionette with cut strings.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-17 11:26:23 Tommy rolls 1 to Survive Release (Chance Die) (10 Again, Chance) 2 failure

@Emily Makerith knows that once a spirit has claimed a host once, it will probably return from the hisil to do it again. The ride was thrilling and empowering. Upon releasing it's host it usually returns to the hisil fat and happy, but will actively seek another suitable mount. Perhaps it already has one picked out...

Regardless, it's a spirit, and spirit's can be bound. There are bones rotting underground in cemeteries with their rider trapped and rotting with them because they were bound into the host.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Tommy fell.

Upon his death, Brigit came to face the consequences of what she had done. Claimed or not this boy was still among the Herd and now he was only among the Dead. He had been forced into being a soldier in a conflict of the Uratha's duty.

And Brigit had instigated his death.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-18 03:37:03 Brigit rolls 5 to Harmony (10 Again) 5, 8, 4, 3, 2 1 success
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-18 03:38:20 Brigit rolls 5 to Compose Herself (Res+Comp) (10 Again) 9, 2, 5, 10, 6, 4 2 successes

A single tear rolled down the Blood Talon's cheek as she let out a shuddering death. Still now was not the time to mourn the loss of the teenager... or how to best remove his body, even if Brigit was already considering a macabre solution to the latter she doubted the more humane members of the pack would enjoy. For the moment though, there was steel the issue of the Gauru among them.

Shifting her weight, Brigit faced Matt, placing herself between him and the pack.

"Brother, calm yourself! The battle is won," she called out, hoping to reach him.

However, if he could not, the pack still had a fight on their hands.

Rolled Harmony for the death just in case. Brigit has a Harmony of 5, but slaying a Human needlessly is Harmony 6 (which means technically Brigit didn't need to roll iirc, but I'm just making sure I'm covered). Given the circumstances, I would assume Harmony 7 would be killing a human in battle?

3. Likes Mark liked this post

Brig it’s harmony roll is unnecessary. Ruach as Matt comes out of his form he needs to make a harmony roll of three dice. Revealing the existence of werewolves to a human is a harmony sin 4. The people cannot rely on lunacy alone to protect them (WtF p. 183).

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Also, this scene has run over a month, so this will be the last round of posting. I'm going to close it Friday, and open up the next thread by Monday to deal with the aftermath.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

+2
    SL
    PRE

Oops, I am such a newb. I didn't think of that! Can I ask for Matt's Wrath to be the reason he lost it and shifted in front of the human?
      2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-18 22:52:23 Matt Joule rolls 3 to Harmony (3d6) (10 Again) 2, 8, 8 2 successes

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

After the fury comes the elation - the Alpha grins wickedly at their victory.

Then comes realisation.

Hector looks upon the pathetic, broken, remains - and makes a disgusted noise as his face twists with anger and sadness.

Hurriedly, as if to blot out the awful sight, he makes after Bleeds Well.

"Shit, the kid!"

Hector is not concerned for the corpse they leave behind. The Alpha is more concerned about what damage the whole horrid episode may have done to a human child.

Do we need to check for Degeneration, Mark ?
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily watches as the life ebbs from the creature. Maybe they could have bound him. Maybe they could have pulled the spirit from the Claimed. Maybe they could have saved the kid. Maybe.....

The Ithaeur growls ferally, despite her Hishu form. That was wishful thinking. She had to be practical here, keeping an eye on the Hisil for the escaping Spirit.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-19 05:05:43 Emily rolls 8 to 2-world eyes - Wits+Occ+Wisdom (10 Again) 9, 6, 2, 3, 9, 9, 3, 5 3 successes

"We need to track the spirit down. If it Rode once it will try to Ride again. But I have a name. We can call it. Make it come," Emily grumbles.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Emily catches a glimpse of The-Sweet-Release.

She sees it move quickly past the shoal, one long tendril like army snaking out to snatch up the small spirits trapped there. Its nearly featureless face opens into a gaping maw to consume the spirits in one effortless swallow. It turns, white orbs seeming to stare through Emily and it smiles, that too perfect smile of a predator. Tommy's smile. Then it is gone.

@Hector no, degeneration check needed. I don't see any additional sins committed here. @Rauch, you didn't say so or describe it as such during the shift, but I'll allow the recovery of a WP for the ferocious first attack. That was definitely wrathful. In addition, Matt passes his harmony role with two successes, so no Harmony is lost. This would be a great time to describe his remorse for his actions.

12. Likes Xadun, Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt makes sure no other witnesses are around and shifts to human form wearing jeans and a black tee shirt , with a shaken expression. “Shouldn’t have changed in front of him. I know better!” He says angrily!

He turns his back on the others and stares into space, his body still shaking.

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Hector approaches, finding Bleeds Well holding the small child down. Covering his head and ears with his arms and torso and the child squirms attempting to escape.

"It's okay, it's okay."
    The wild survivalist whispers repeatedly, not sure of what else to do.

The child is crying, wailing, scared nearly to death, but unharmed.

Bleeds Well looks to Hector pleadingly. What the hell do I do now?

PU: 4

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 9 of 10 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last
Closed Thread