Ended
Watch

Tales from the Pizza Parlor

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    A
    Allen Brackett

'Flour and Water' is a mid-range pizza place that has found its ecological niche nestled near several of Sacramento's nightclubs. The pizza served here (whole and in slices) was used by many club-goers either before their outing to increase their alcohol tolerance, or after a night out - to dampen the alcohol's effect. In any case, the parlor was open until the morning hours, and offered a decent selection of toppings.

Right now, though, the place is nigh-empty. Not counting the weary-eyed staff and a lone, clearly inebriated man who tries to eat his pizza with all the grace and charm of an animatronic, Allen, Madison and Sonja (if the two elect to follow, that is) have the space all to themselves.

Allen orders a pepperoni slice before sitting down. Hunger starts to get to him.

Although it is a continuation of another Scene, this does not mean other characters cannot join. This Shard is marked 'Open' for a reason

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Like she was ever going to turn down a trip to a pizza joint. Sonnie hadn't yet tried this particular place, but that just made it more of an adventure! Coming straight from the club, she was still clad in her night-on-the-town outfit and looking good.

After looking the restaurant over, she strode to the counter, ordered herself a large slice of Canadian bacon and pineapple, with a Dr. Pepper, and joined her companions for the evening at the table Allen had selected.

She eyed the lone drunk man a moment, then laughed, "Not quite Denny's a 3 AM, but it's getting there."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Aurora enters, having taken an Uber, her car parked elsewhere. Like Sonnie, she was still wearing her outfit from the club, but had touched up her makeup a bit. Sweat tended to make it look horrible in store lights.

The place was new to her, but pizza wasn’t. She ordered a few slices of hamburger and pineapple pizza, plus a soda. And let someone try and tell her pineapple didn’t belong on pizza, it belonged on everything!

Spotting the two from the club, she heads over and sits. “Now Denny’s would have been good. Some scrambled eggs and toast? Yummy. But pizza works.” A shrug as she took a sip of her soda.

Glancing to Allen and Sonnie, “Either of you been here before?”

A
    Allen Brackett

Allen has a hard time deciding who is looking more awkward - they, in their clubbing outfits and makeups sitting in this bland interior, or him - a boringly forgettable guy sitting at the same table with them, glamorous and radiant. To be fair pizza, the great equalizer, makes it a little better.

"Do you have a lot of experience with diners in the wee hours?" He eyes Sonja inquisitively "I have to admit, I'm boringly appropriate most of the time. In bed by 2 AM" By that time everyone tended to be asleep as well, or too drunk to provide any meaningful exchange of thoughts. In Idaho, anyway.

"I've been here... once, I think. I don't have the budget to eat in the more upscale places, and prefer to cook for myself, anyway. Not that I'm any good at it, mind you, but it's a matter of principle" In a very rigid kind of way "I know the place is not exactly Instagram material, but it fulfills the purpose of filling the stomach"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Some," she chuckled, taking a bite of her pizza, "I keep odd hours sometimes, and I used to travel. Plus, clubbing leads to this, too."

Sonja scanned the interior again, taking in various details. Pictures on the walls, the view out the windows, an obscenity carved into their table top. She smiled and looked back to Allen and Madison. "Never been here before. This place is about my speed, though. I don't have a budget for fancy dining. Fast food joints and food trucks are my go-tos. What about you, Madison?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

As the question seemed to be directed at Sonja, she simply sipped her soda and listened. But had to say something, “2am?! Things are usually just getting started by that time!” she exclaims.

“Seems like a good find in my opinion. And cook?”
    she chuckles, “You don’t want to see me try and cook. Though I can grill pretty damn good. So I survive on takeout mostly.” Unless you wanted to hangout with the fire department, never have her cook.

A nod to Sonja, “I hear you on the traveling and keeping odd hours. It’s hard to settle into what society considers normal hours after life on the road.” Taking a bite of her pizza.

“Takeout is more my speed. It’s always been easier for me to grab something in between shows then sit down to something fancy. Not that I mind fancy, it has a time and place, but I’m more comfortable in some place like this.”
    She could do fancy, and looked good when she cleaned up.

“So I see great minds think a like?” gesturing to the pineapple on Sonjas pizza.

A
    Allen Brackett

"Travel?" He never had the means to wander as much as he wanted to, and ever since Allen was brought to the shapeshifter fold duty and territoriality prevented him from having even the occasional long trip. And so, his interest skyrockets, and he hungrily awaits even the most banal tidbits "I'm sure you've been to many interesting places. Perhaps you'd like to share those you liked best?"

He smiles and leans back in his chair "I'm glad the place is to your liking" The werewolf says to no one in particular. It's important that people feel comfortable in their surrounding, skittish minds are way too hard to predict and influence.

Right now there is little trace that Allen's ordered pizza slice ever existed, and he turns to Madison "And yet you did settle. You said you retired from contortionism, so what do you do now? I have no doubt with your agility and other merits, the nature of which I can only guess at, finding work was a trivial matter" Being so bendy you can be, for instance, a dancer. A PE teacher. Or a sewerman.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"What's that saying about how no good decisions are made after midnight? That makes it a great time to be out and about," Sonnie nodded firmly at this universal truth as she partook of some of her soft drink. "After dark is when the fun is."

She grinned and pointed at Madison's pizza, "Yes! Pineapple is great! I don't get those people who hate it so much. It just works!"

"Hmm, well," she gave Allen's question some though while she took another bite of her pizza. Very suddenly, the changeling jumped in her seat like she'd been poked with a needle. "Oooh! Hot cheese! Hot hot!" She drowned her mouth in more Dr. Pepper before she continued, "Ahhh! Much better! Anyway, Vegas was great. So was Austin. Sadly, I never left the country. I'd like to visit Canada, someday. Mexico, too."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman wasn’t sure who he was asking, so she didn’t say anything. Just in case he was only asking Sonja, which was perfectly ok with her.

Shrugging her bare shoulder, “I found friends here, and that gave me reason to settle here. Well, retired from performing in general, but yah. Though there are still conventions and expos that I perform at from time to time. And might do something in the park when it warms up, but getting the fire permits is always a pain in the ass.” She still practiced every morning though. A chuckle, “Nothing as exciting as what I used to do, but I actually refurbish old furniture. Just somewhat of a hobby that keeps me busy and gives me something new to get better at.” She picks a piece of pineapple off her pizza and pops it into her mouth.

Snorting, “Every good decision is made after midnight. You just need to be with the right people. See, that’s the trick.” A nod, it was true.

“Ever tried having pineapple grilled into burgers?!” she asks, “It is amazing!” see, now she wanted to grill.

“I’ve only left the country once, and that was for college. So not sure if that counts, but it was fun, though very cold.”

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

(Mask Hardened)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A woman in most of suit walks in through the front door after having seen a cab off. The suit coat is carried over her shoulder and the dress shirt is left open at the top. Probably because said suit jacket is missing a sleeve and torn at the back and the woman's knuckles are quite bruised.

Circe walks with a slight wince as she goes up to order something with meat. That should help with the alcohol. "Oi! Ya have a meat lovers. I'd like ta avoid the hangover after how ta night has gone."

Then does a double take at a familiar voice screaming about pineapple. "Hey," she slaps down a $50 at the counter then points to Sonja Wu, "Imma go over there. Burger, pepperoni, meat filled whatever gimme 2 slices, water, and the rest is tip."

Circe winces as she walks over to the group. Then smiles as she greets the monkey, "Hey I thought I heard a familiar voice over here. Havin' fun?"

Mask Hardened
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

12. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.