Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It should be. I ain't heard of any bridge burners attacks or any 'lings stockpiling explosives." She admits about the Trod. And indeed coffee. As for the wrong emotion, "Trolling and annoying people should tooootally be an emotion. I mean it does induce Wrath," the elf smiles while waggling her eyebrows and ears in response to Anatole's jest. "But Springs'd probably have a better shot of kicking off an orgy that is true."

"Right though coffee and whatever, my treat, and then onwards and sideways with the tour. Mamma has some tires ta break in, oh ho ho ho ho!"
    Quick grab of coffee and any snacks before they were off again.

Do you want to RP the ordering stuff or just keep the scene's "camera" focused on the car?
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

Anatole waits in the car while Circe collects their coffee. He takes the hot drinks in his hands when the Fairest returns, sniffing the aroma as best he can through the plastic lid.

"It will suffice! Onward! Call me curious - I want to know how big this Freehold is."

He was looking for safe places to deposit their drinks.

"And I have a question to ask. And I think you might be able to help with that."

The suspicious edge had crept back into his voice.

Lets keep things focussed on the car

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Grand!" Glad that Anatole liked the coffee, they are off to show him Common Grounds, despite it being closed. Maybe a few other things on the way. And he asks of the Freehold? "People or turf? Cause the former ya happen ta have met most of the folks. Used ta have a lot after the Bay exodus but guess folks kept runnin' from that cess pit."

Not exactly a word most would use to describe the friendly city of San Francisco but that was mundanes for you. "Size wise we claim a lot of territory as under our protection, above 30 square miles I'd guess. Haven't had too many threats ta chase off," the elf mumbles something about slowness. Nor was she going into detail about the threats she'd dealt with via high velocit problem solving. Somehow the blue Larcenist manages aggressive driving, talking, and coffee drinking at the same time.

Common Grounds is easy to find, just closed at this time. But Circe will point out the Spring coffee shop as they drive past, "There is Seraphina's Common Grounds. We would'a gone there fer GREAT coffee but as ya can see, closed." Next locations of note would probably be the clubs like Fox and Goose, Club Raven, Asylum, and the various bars. Well not MiB, that you had to earn the location of on your own.

Mable's farm? No wait, that was well outside the Freehold. Well thanks to an angle at a red light she was spotted a land mark of note. She points this out to Anatole, "Straight that away, the really tall building? Wells Fargo Center, biggest skyscraper in the city. So," she chuckles, "If ya ever want ta play King Kong that is the closest ya can get."

His tone is not unnoticed by Circe, who places her cup into a holder. Just in case he got violent twitchy. "Depends on what ya need, but ask away man. Tour guides answer questions, at least according to that orientation video I had ta watch fer Funderland."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"Turf," Anatole explains without much pause. "I'd like to learn the lay of the land, so to speak. Where things are - and so on."

"Ah!" He exclaims (for the Fairest's benefit) when they whizz passed Garden Grounds.

He grunts as they rocket passed the other places, mentally ticking them off and tuning them out. Bars and Clubs were not his first choice for places of interest.

He was eyeing the blue Larcenist with narrowed eyes. "If I was looking to get... information... on some people. Who would I need to speak with? I'm not after anything too dramatic. I just want to check up on some folk who are... who don't like to be spied upon. Eh... Some of whom know how to avoid the public eye. And the others? Well, I could go to the gossip columns but I want verified information, not gutter hack pieces. If you follow me..."

6. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well most of it is in Funderland, I can show ya where that is," and stopped at a intersection to change directions. "Point out a few interesting places along the way. Pawn shops can be useful fer tools ya might need, or hardware stores too but really," she shakes her head, "Ya can find the mundy shit online now. Ya have a smart phone?" And they were moving again.

Information? She wasn't sure how gossip columns played into that save for celebrities or politicians. Her own eyes narrow as she thinks of pros and cons of such a question. The drive is quiet as she keeps her thoughts to herself. "That kind of depends on how they're hiding. Straight and Narrow I ain't even close ta bein' on the corner of, fanculo I can hack a lot of shit ta do the searching myself even." She takes a hard right to make the yellow light. "I know I could find other hackers too or just a private dick even, this is kinda what they do."

Her eyes narrow in a scowl with a silent snarl on her lips. Directed not at Anatole but the mundy that just cut her off. Fortunately the driver is taking a different route so the road rage settles down. The fierce look is gone once she is back focused upon the dwarf.

"Deeply hidden underworld types, well," she stretches the word, "I may know some mundies," well one really, "That COULD find out a lot easily but that'd be business with them not me. Big favor or lots of money. Government spooks? Hard. Celebrity privacy agents? I know props guys but that ain't much of an in. So the real question is what type of people are ya hunting fer?" She eyes Anatole while still driving, "Maybe its just my unicorn horn stabbing my brain but I see a big disconnect between folks that're in the gossip column and ones that hide from the public."

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

"Oh. A wealthy family. Some of them are in the public eye. They got a public face... But I want to see their real face."

Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-16 19:44:55 Anatole to hide his emotions rolls 6 to Manipulation + Subterfuge + Spec (10 Again) 3, 2, 2, 5, 9, 10, 3 2 successes

He turned slightly so he could stare out of the window. Schooling his features into a whistful mask. He hoped his ruse would work - schooling his emeoitons and revealing his mask face only in the ethereal mirror of the reflection at the window.

He wanted to know if obtaining information would be difficult. He did not want reveal his intentions - or the hunger behind his eyes.

9. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's right ear twitched, as she raised her left eyebrow.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-01-16 22:34:25 Circe rolls 6 to Wits + Subterfuge (10 Again) 10, 3, 10, 6, 4, 9, 5, 2 3 successes

Yeah, that was a poor attempt on Anatole's part. Old enemies, family, or Fetch? Did it matter? Well the last yes but otherwise not really to Circe.

"Ooookay then. No. It shouldn't be hard. Hacking would be enough fer getting information on rich folks unless they're good at hiding. If they are," she lets it hang in the air. Well actually Circe had to blare the horn and stop to shout at another cyclist for riding in the dark wearing black. In a lot of Italian.

Once that was done she was driving again and turned back to look at Anatole, "Where was I, ah right, if they're actually good at it. Like I said I know some unscrupulous mundies but they'd want pay fer their services ta find extra information. Oh and coming up on our right is a nice gun range, if that is yer preferred problem solver."

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Tension. Tension in the air.

A release! The Crimson Courtier explodes at a cyclist.

And Anatole turns the mood of the car upside down by laughing! Oh, if only he had been harvesting at that moment: the look on the cyclist's face; their shuddering stop; their standing (nearly falling off their unmoving cycle) and watching Circe's dust. Oh what a sudden spurt of shocked fear!

Too bad!

"Eh! I guess it'll have to wait, then. It's not like I have money to burn."

The dwarf was disappointed.

"Ha! No. No. Guns are not my style. Something about spending years crafting weapons makes me want to... hack..."

Anatole snorted, laughed with a cruel and cynical smile, as the firing range rocketed by.

13. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe looked to Anatole in confusion. He was lying and laughing now? Or was it that way the mundy looked like he was going to piss himself?

Well if it was that other one, "If ya think that is funny ya should see what happens when I pull a cannon on them, oh ho ho ho!" And then what else he'd said registered, "Waaaait, what? I have a great Sean Connery quote in favor of guns."

Circe weaved in traffic while looking at Anatole, "I AM a hobby hacker dude. I won't charge ya fer it because I do it fer fun. Just need the time and the names ta try ta access." As for his disdain for guns that got sigh. She wasn't going to get another gun bunny buddy.

Circe points out a suit store, "I get a discount there if ya ever need a suit. Love the tailors," she'd slowed down a little this time to point it out. Circe does a double take at a traffic light, "And that is actually a night club that regularly has brawls, fun fer Summer! And they have good kringles. But a question Anatole." She gives him a chance to acknowledge the question, "Blonde question but which kind of hacking? I am assuming it is the weapon kind, not computers, but I just want ta be sure. I can give ya recommendations towards EITHER but don't want ta get it wrong."

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole had lapsed into sly silence again. He only leered at the mention of pulling cannon's on people - a true look at his Ashen face.

He craned his body to get a better view of the tailor Circe indicated.

"Oh the weapon hacking kind. Bladed weapons. Axes. Swords. Hook bladed spears. Sometimes stranger implements as well. I ... They had me as a smith chained to their damned forge. Till I cracked the lock and ran for it."

His face darkened.

He turned to the window again with its foggy reflections and refracted light, only turning back to the Fairest when she mentioned recommendations for weapons.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread