(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A small nod, “Though perhaps it would be fair to say each has inspired the other in some way.” Or maybe she was the only one to see that. Given where she grew up and spent a lot of her life and unlife.

“And we can all learn from a different lens.” Would she learn something hearing how the Lord viewed things? Time would tell.

“Suggestions?” dark eyes look around the gathering, taking more of it in. “I’m afraid I’m not one to offer suggestions on such things. I have people that put events together for me, I have little to no experience in such things. So whatever I offer would more than likely fail.” She says with a laugh. But it was true.

“Impressive, you know your cars. More than I do to be honest. And I wasn’t looking for top performance, more something that was appealing to the eye and fun to drive. But I am surprised at the lack of people that know how to drive a standard these days.” A shake of her head, it was a lost art. “Though what honestly drew me to the car was that it was named after the city of Turin, Torino in Italian, and considered the Italian Detroit. So a bit of home on four wheels. In a way.” A shrug, “Might be in the market for something newer.” Still keep the Torino, but get something a bit bigger.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

An event organizer asking for Lenora for advice? The Lord was all too happy to oblige.

"I bear no criticisms, Jean," she offered, opening the dialogue with positive affirmation, "You've succeeded with what you've wanted to achieve I think. The modest ticket prices and variety of the pieces have attracted a diverse group and I feel you will likely succeed. The only suggestion I would have is to provide a variety of events tailored to the needs of the charities you seek to benefit. While I by no means wish to offend, it is a simple fact that those who possess a certain level of affluence have more income available to them to donate than others. If you have a lofty goal, create an event with a certain level of exclusivity. Many of my acquaintances enjoy that sort of thing and, beyond performing an act of goodwill, are all too happy to donate for tax purposes."

Lenora's expression was slightly apologetic about that reality, but she was being sincere.

"In addition, exclusive events tend to draw the eye of the public," she continued, "If you get the press involved, more who attend will be compelled to donate in order to avoid public scrutiny. They'll likely be quite generous as a result. You get the funds you need and they get the attention they crave. Regardless, such events should be well-spaced. Doing too many of that sort causes the events to seem less... selective. As such, events like this one should continue. Art was meant to be shared by all."

Was that blackmail? Probably. Was it legal? Yes. A person's image was important to them.

As Adam spoke his knowledge about the Gran Torino, Lenora's eyebrows raised. She was impressed.

"It is good to learn your passion," she offers with a smile, "I myself drive a 1970 Chevelle SS 454. Admittedly, I know very little about the car itself, but I am fond of the model. So many good memories."

She would simply nod to Sophia's statement. After all, she wasn't addressing Lenora and, even here among the cattle, Lenora did not want to be rude. It was never a good idea to assume one's worth in the eyes of a Prince.

S
    Shodan

S
    Shodan

P
    Papilio

Shodan and Sophia gave some advice- at least they didn't seem to dislike the event. More of Sophia's talk convinced the Mastigos that she might be a potential future donor worth keeping tabs on. Given their interests in cars, an event geared towards the subject might be effective... Though, Jean was entirely clueless when it came to the subject.

"I will keep that in mind. And if a new event ah.. 'pops' up, I will try my best to make sure you are made aware." A simple smile at that, new ideas already forming.

Then Ms. Greene. She seemed well more versed in these sorts of affairs than even Papilio at times- or, displayed it with a blunt confidence the Mastigos still sometimes lacked. "I will take your ideas to heart... Eh... Would you perhaps be interested in assisting in one of these events? I cannot promise it will be the most rewarding event..." In terms of payment, at least "...But with your knowledge on the matter I am certain we could draw in all manner of potential ah... Influential individuals, if you were looking to expose yourself to them?" Being able to control who one interacted with could be heavily advantageous, and not just for charity purposes.

"Ah... Think about it. And my number, if it would interest any of you at all?" three incredibly plain business cards offered. "but until then, I have some interested donors I should get to know more personally. Please, enjoy the night."

With a slight bowing gesture, the Mastigos goes out into the crowd, socializing with artists and critics and potentially useful individuals.

Papilio leaves the scene, but not the event. Feel free to socialize if you wish- otherwise, I will close the event in a few days. Thank you for the scene! I'll try to plan things so i'll be posting more consistently next time.

S
    Shodan

"You're from Europe?" Shodan asks Sophia curiously, filing that piece of trivia away for future use "Getting homesick?" Seems everyone is a little sentimental. Even those in revealing dressess, profound tattoos and razor-sharp edges.

He had to be quietly impressed by how Lenore covered all the angles of event organization. If he needed any more proof that the socialite life was her daily bread, this was it. But if her advice is heeded, it'd also probably mean the door will be barred for Shodan - he was not wealthy, well-connected or pretty enough to make the cut. Thankfully, at least one of these can be remedied.

"You can make our tough one even tougher" He muses as the blonde woman shares her car of choice "And really, the engine in this thing takes no prisoners. A peak achievement of the muscle car, some say. Which also means it was only downhill from there" As was the natural order of things. The way from 'new' to 'obsolete' is unexpectedly short "Seems I have found myself in the company of classic vehicle lovers"

Shodan takes Papilio's business card - goodness knows the number is bound to come in handy - and lets him roam among the other guests. Although to be fair, the bow is a bit much. Maybe it was a European thing?

And then something occured to him. How often do you find not one, but two people who drive muscle cars from the '70s? And, if the smiles and quiet nods are anything to go by, the two women knew one another at least in passing. Were they coworkers? Or acquaintances from a previous night like this one? Of course, he can't break the decorum and ask openly, so "You have similar taste" is the most polite implication he can think of.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A brief nod, “Can’t argue with any of that.” A lot better said than anything she’d could come up with. Of course, she was more comfortable being blunt.

Having the press involved? Not her thing. Nope, bad idea. Maybe it was time to invest in a Ghoul to attend those types of functions for her. Perhaps with a different name to use. Ideas to consider for the future.

A hint of a smile, “If you’re ever in the market for a mechanic that is excellent with classics, let me know. I’ve finally found one I feel comfortable with. We all know classics deserve the best. But I’d like to see your car someday. Sounds beautiful.” Maybe something to bond over. Well, as much as Kindred could bond.

Was this guy offering Lenora a job? Amusing. How would the Lord respond?

A tattooed hand accepts the card, sliding it into a pocket. Yeah, the skirt had pockets.

“Well, thank you for all the information.”
    Some of it was actually useful.

Looking back to Adam, “I am, Italy specifically.” Though that should be obvious, at least to her. “Homesick? Not really. Home has changed quite a bit over the years,” more years than he could know, “and this has become home now.” Too much had changed over the years. Too much.

A smirk was offered to Lenora, then to Adam, “We do, don’t we?” but then the Savage shrugs, “Though I don’t think it’s odd for two women to have things in common. Is it something that’s rare or something?”

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Papilio's card is taken. As he speaks of payment, the woman chuckles.

"I have no issue serving as a consultant or assisting fiscally, but your offer is unnecessary. I am quite comfortable,"
    she said, politely declining a greeter role in her own way, "Be well, Jean. It's been a pleasure."

The bow was met with a smile. So this was what it is like on the other end. It pleased the Lord.

With the greeter gone, Lenora's head shifted to regard Adam as he spoke.

"We seem to yes,"
    she offered as the man commented on the similarities between her and 'Sophia'. "Certainly, worth exploring in my view."

S
    Shodan

And so it is that the night wears down. With Papilio gone, and the venue inching towards closing time, Shodan was made aware of the time. It's a good moment to start removing yourself graciously, before one overstays his welcome and becomes an annoyance.

"No, I suppose it isn't" He answers Sophia on the women's shared interest "An interesting coincidence" Now that he thinks about it, it's not all that unusual. Timeless classics are in fashion for the rich in this world of constant innovation.

"Well, it's been terrific to connect, but I think I need to get up early tomorrow" It's politeness, mostly, although he doesn't like to sleep too much "Who knows, maybe we'll meet again. Lenore, Sophia" He gives each of them a farewell nod, and lingers only as long as is necessary to receive any parting words, if they are given.

Who knew? A posh reception like that and it's not actually a wasted evening.

Unless stopped, Shodan will leave the Scene

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “Certainly is.” Maybe. Time would tell more than this small conversation.

Coincidence? She doesn’t think so, but she lets the cattle have his thought.

“It has been an interesting evening, and I enjoyed speaking with you.” She didn’t agree with all his views, but he was fun enough that it was ok. “Perhaps we will.” But probably not. Thought cattle surprised her with how often they showed up.

Giving Lenora her full attention, “I greatly enjoyed talking with you this evening, and look forward to talking more, one on one.” Privately, without cattle around. At Nox. “But I have some other, engagements, I need to attend this evening. So please, give me a call sometime.” A card offered, a simply black card with a red ‘S’ in cursive on the front, and a number on the back. Work lines, every good mobster had extra phone lines. And disposable phone, lots of them.

Unless stopped, Ale will leave the scene

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 19

You do not have permission to view the list of names.