(Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice walks the night. Relearning once familiar streets. Her cane, wooden and carved, taps a head of her. A prop and accessory, more than a necessity. Sunglasses, amethyst, like her eyes once where, perched upon her nose. Hiding horror more readily than her closed lids. Sucken against the void. Bone white hair, loose. Ruffled and cut through by Boreas' Breath. The chill of His presence a reassuring thing. Causing Lyssa who walks a step behind her, to remind her Lady of the weather and their secret. Presenting Alice with a jacket. To hide the outfit the ghoul had also selected, dressing Alice like the Doll she is.

Alice cared not what was wrapping around her form. Shoes with heel, pants instead of a skirt. A top. Light and loose, with the jacket to hide it all away.

Pausing every few moments, only known to her, she tilts her head, strings pulling, loose and taut. She's listening to the night. The horns and sirens, the baying of hounds, and the cry of corvids.

Might she meet new voices, or old?
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

As fate would have it, tonight was possessed of a rare event.

One of the many benefits of owning real estate was the ability to hand off their day to day maintenance and function to property management companies, for a fee of course. Such as was the case with Lenore Greene, one of Sacramento's quieter socialites, whose income included some money from property she owned among other things. However, now and then meetings with the cattle needed to happen. Tonight was such a night, with Lenora meeting with property management professionals as her alter ego to discuss adjustments to future lease agreements.

It had been a dull affair to say the least and to combat this, but it was finally over. Lenora's meeting was the last of the day, having been approved for such a late hour per her request. From what she saw, the personnel present had cleared out rather quickly, which was not surprising considering the hour.

Nonetheless, when Lenora rounded a corner only to spot the Blind Doll down the street, she found herself surprised. She had not expected to see any Kindred tonight.

The Doll seemed to keep her Beast shielded from Lenora, a merciful trend a few Kindred seemed to possess. The comfort it granted was substantial enough for the Lord to consider a simple opportunity: Alice was known to the Prince and regarded well by her, but Lenora knew nothing of the Haunt. Tonight perhaps fate has provided a chance to change that.

Thus, Lenora remained where she was, leaning lightly on the building in plain view, though that was more for Lyssa's benefit than Alice's. Once the Nosferatu was within range to easily hear normal conversation, Lenora finally announced her presence.

"Color me surprised, I hadn't expected to see anyone with the company tonight," Lenora offered, her tone cordial, "You are a friend of the President if I recall, yes?"

3. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

(Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

A woman appearing to be in her twenties with long brown hair and brown eyes walks the street. She wears a long black jacket, underneath a dress of pale blue can be seen. She wears a mouse grey scarf with a spider pin set to keep the scar firmly in place, glittering with black and green gemstones for the body and head. Her Beast is masked. The streets had once been home to the Nosferatu years ago. Now these streets were a fond memory, her nights of studying devotions in St. Louis were fresher in her mind. She pauses near a storefront that she did not recall, using the surface reflection to check her appearance. A moot action, for her spider pin, kept her trendy mouse grey infinity scarf from becoming disheveled.
    The Nosferatu spots two other women and pauses in the street. She turns her head to look behind her, scanning for any other people. She hesitates, curious if these were Kindred or Kine. Her voice may deter Kine easily enough, she decides and approaches.

Jennifer pauses two feet from Alice Hart to afford the polite time to acknowledge and greet one another without startling the other women.
    "Good evening. I trust that you are well. "
    As she speaks, her face is composed of friendliness. Her posture is one of refined confidence. Yet that voice - it creeps and slithers, pitches and rolls like a serpent slithering through dead grass. It is alarming and wrong, a Nosferatu Curse.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

5. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Lyssa's touch upon her elbow, is a practiced thing, even as the Wraith rears with the appearance of this pitiable welp. With practiced hand, Alice sends the Wraith down, down, back into the tumultuous seas. "Yes, you can say we're friends." comes Alice's reply with her empty hollow voice. "Forgive me, what was your name again?" they hadn't actually been introduced had they? And outside of Elysia, did this new voice wish for a new name?

New steps and no Hateful presence of a lesser thing. No, Lyssa's touch upon her elbow stalls, as the women speaks, a shudder passing through her ghoul's body, transfering nicely through that slight point of contact. "Oh yes," Alice voice a murmur, a empty echo to the fullness of effect of the newly arrived women's. Alice's petal pink lips pull up into a too-wide, too-sharp, too-fake smile. "You've found me quite nicely. I am Alice Hart." A name once recognized, now would need work to regain what she had lost. "And what might I call you Cousin?" it might be an assumption, it might be a wish in the dark for Family, but Alice knew that voice was more as did Lyssa's stuttering heartbeat.

7. Likes liked this post

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora grants their surroundings a glance as Alice requests her name, easily finding the other woman as she comes upon them. They otherwise seem quite alone. Then there came the Voice, a dreadful, slithering thing that spoke of reptilian urge. The woman's beast was masked, just as Alice's, but she recalled the woman from Court*.

"The night is adequate," she says, granting the unknown woman a half-smile, "I am fresh from meeting with the driveling men that oversee some of my properties. In comparison, merely chancing upon the two of you is a boon. I trust yours has been fruitful?"

Ever prudent, Lenora gives the woman an opening to respond before she returns to looking around their surroundings. Once she has determined how to proceed, Lenora's gaze returns to the Eyeless.

"Considering our environs, you may call me Lenore Greene. I am pleased to make your acquaintance," she said, "Should you require the other, I can only say that I lead the Kings, though I fear our department now lacks in membership. Perhaps that is enough to pull the truth from the ephemera?"

It was cryptic, but the pieces were there. If others had mentioned Lenora to Alice and her place as Priscus, it may be enough to guide the Blind Doll to her true name. If Alice could not place it, she would have to wait for another time. They were on a public street after all and Lenora was still uncertain if it was secure.

Nonetheless, the two Haunts seem to have found one another. Thus, Lenora will happily wait for them to finalize their introductions to each other.

* - As Court is bookmarked to occur on the 1st, I posted with the assumption that Lenora has at least seen Jennifer, as this scene will enter canonically after the Court scene is finished

9. Likes , liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"It has been productive. The city has changed in the years that I have been away. "
    Jennifer gave a respectful nod to Alice and Lenora. Her eyes traversing the other woman with Alice. She studied the woman with her for a moment before returning her attention to Alice. She recognized the effect she often invoked. It could not be helped.
    She looked with interest towards Alice. She clearly appeared to be of the same line as herself. She was always pleased to make the acquaintance of her line. They understood the Curse. Jennifer surmised that Alice likely had been affected before the Embrace, unlike herself. It had been her Sires' gift that had flawed her for eternity. It was her Curse, and she claimed it.

"Yes, we are cousins, I believe. I am Jennifer Hazelton. I have been absent from Sacramento for a few years, but I am hoping to reestablish family ties. I do hope that you have found the city to be welcoming. " She looked to Lenora, including all in conversation. "Have you been in the city for long? From what I remembered, the city's residents tended to be fluid."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Understanding sparks, as Alice's mouth falls open, a small sound of acknowledgement is expelled, "I thought your given name ended with an 'a'." she says, showing her understanding of Lenora'sLenore's identity. "My mistake." a nod, strings pulled. A halting jerk. Alice in public was awkward to watch. As she tried to control the inhuman motions of her string pulled limbs.

"Though of course finding any company but those of drivilling men would boon, perhaps it was fate, or something stronger to draw us three together." Says the Doll, "Were these annoyances part of the Company or, your own personal....contractors." she says for dint of anything else to call them.

"Miss Hazelton a pleasure."
    and it was, for all the mockery her of verbal effect provided. "I'm only recently returned myself. So my knowledge of the goings on is not as it once was. Though in my time before these last two years, the state of the population is as fluid as it ever was. Of course there are pillars, and while I was here, one had chosen to leave. Mister Clarke in fact," If her Cousin hadn't heard of Asa's leaving. Or was this women, with her slithering voice, older than one of the oldest of Sacramento's (once) residents.

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Change is inevitable. This is more true here in Sacramento than elsewhere it seems," Lenora offers as Jennifer speaks her piece.

"I have been here some months on matters related to legacy," she answers, "Progress has been... consistent I think."

Lenora's smirk pulls to a true, if small, smile as Alice proves her understanding. This meant her name had indeed been making the rounds. This was good. However, seeing as the Blind Doll could not see the expression, she offers a small chuckle to convey her pleasure.

"No, they are not with the company," she says, affirming the nature of her meeting, "They are simply what I said. The unfortunate truth of my perceptive youth is that many feel I lack the same level of understanding on matters of business. They have been corrected."

One of the blessings of the vampiric condition was also a curse. Her everlasting youth had some established business persons to assume naivety and inexperience. Such clients were pliable and easily manipulated to changes that were not in their best interests. Little did they know that young "Lenore" was just over a century in age. She had also been dealing with immortal monsters for eight long decades. The tactics and power plays of greedy men were child's play in comparison.

"I fear I cannot share much beyond the going-ons of my own department,"
    she said as Alice confirmed she could not share much, "but, as I have been around for some time before both of your returns, I will answer what I can. Consider it a show of good faith. Should you have questions, I will answer what I can."

14. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Mr. Clarke has left Sacramento?" She is a bit shocked.

He had seemed an Institution like Twist. Learning how he had risen in the First Estate after the threat was a model on seizing power. She spends a few moments thinking it through, smoothing her face into one of casual interest. The Good Judex's reply made more sense now; yet she had somewhat thought that His Excellency's House had progressed to the next in the Cyclical Dynasty.
    As Lenore replies, she nods her head to the other woman. The change was inevitable, for all that Kindred thought themselves immune and unchangeable.

"In Sacramento more places than most. I thought Sacramento unique in how they exchange the leadership of one's book club. St. Louis, where I have been studying for six years, also saw some fluctuations. It seems whenever attracts our cousins seeking power, also can burn them. I know that I hope to keep our Family," She nods to Alice, a bit of a check to see if she is actually blind and responds to the nod.
    "-close."
    Lenore was given an appraising look.

"This would be of interest. "

As would smoothing out where Lenore fit in the city. She looked to be a capable woman. Her social skills and general demeanor was refreshing over a few Jennifer had seen beaten against a rock to smooth out the rough edges. She would be a boon to the First Estate.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"That it is." A grin, too wide, too fake. "I've found that Sacramento is akin to river it's known for, with only the few caught within the reeds."

A jerking nod, understanding, while wondering. Legacy could mean a great many things for Kindred. "Progress, is to be applauded, yes?"

Alice laughs, an achingly empty sound, imagining those poor fools, and what this Lord would do to them, what had she done, while wondering after the women's age. Though that wouldn't be a question to pass her lips. She wouldn't wish to be rude.

"My thanks, Miss Greene, I would enjoy learning of what has happen while I was...indisposed. I am also available for history lessons, were you, both of you, wishing to know what had happened while I was an...active member of the company within Sacramento."

A shallow jerking nod, "He's over two years gone, by my count. I was acting as his...PA when many changes with Mister Clarke underwent required his attention and tried to settle the ship as he took his leave."

"Too keep family close is always of interest to me,"
    she replied, no seeing or responding to the nod of Jenifer's. "Though it is much diminished, despite my efforts to rebuild, I would extend and invitation to our...family holdings." a pause, "Apologies, Miss Greene, but I am afraid that my invitation will not extend to you, yet. As I've said it is much diminished and is not fit to be seen by the public again." she says, voice mockingly twisted in it's sincerity, as she provides a small taste of what history she knows.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread