Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Mage OOC Talk and Questions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 9 of 53 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Woland Mandalore5

Okay, this bullshit with failing rolls and then talking your way around them needs to stop.

Normally, that'd mean Shodan will take less pointed interest in him, but the guy said somethind that doesn't sit quite right with the Libertine
    "..." Spark looked Star up and down again, despite all the time he spent with his sister and the studying he's done afterwards he had a hard time getting a feel on this person and that set him on edge. Because he was trying to be unreadable, or was just naturally good at it. Which disturbed the mage...
    That isn't how this works. You rolled. I successfully deceived you. That doesn't mean you invent new reasons for my success to be suspicious. If I punch you, you can't talk your way around it, so quit doing it with social dice.

It's cheating.

You rolled.

Respect the outcome.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

W
    Woland

West

I'd like to explain myself.

It was never my intention to shortchange/cheat you out of your success. The sentence you quoted above meant (at least to me, when I wrote it) "Shodan would normally ignore Star on account of his innocent and unassuming demeanor, but then he said something Shodan doesn't agree with, so he responds..." 'Suspicion' of any kind was not part of that, and I tried to convey it with the sentence that was not edited out of my post. Clearly I failed, and for that I apologize. I'll do my best to be less ambiguous with my future replies.

I'd like to apologize too, as that was not my intent. Spark has a specialty in emotion and his roll was to get a read on Star. When he failed, I took that to mean he couldn't read him period. Not that he thought him innocent as suspicion wasn't a part of the roll it was just to get a read on his feelings. That said I understand how it came across and I'm sorry, next time If I'm trying to post before bed I'll just wait and do it the next day so I have the time and energy to make it clear.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Mandalore5, that's fine. I can see how a newer person might misunderstand what the rolls mean.

Woland -- you're full of shit. You're trying to have your cake with rolling to access internal monologue and eat it too by dancing around failed rolls. It's very clear you're used to BS'ing your way through anything you want, but you're not half as clever as you think. So this is me officially telling you: I know it, and I know you know it. Don't fucking do it again.

And stop insulting me with your Eddie Haskell bullshit.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I asked all the new people from the last meeting to hit the coffee shop right after...
    And this is exactly why you cannot link scenes, Ruach .

In character, Quiet Consilium happened on September 28th.
    -- It was a Sticky and happened on the day it began.

In character, Starbucks happened on October 26th.
    -- It was not a Sticky and happened the day it ended.

There was an in-character span of a month between the two events. I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound or anything, but it was just a perfect opportunity to point out why:

As they are leaving from the formal meeting...
    ...can't be done.

6. Likes Xander, Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

And this is exactly why you cannot link scenes, Ruach .

In character, Quiet Consilium happened on September 28th.
    -- It was a Sticky and happened on the day it began.

In character, Starbucks happened on October 26th.
    -- It was not a Sticky and happened the day it ended.

There was an in-character span of a month between the two events. I'm not trying to rub salt in the wound or anything, but it was just a perfect opportunity to point out why:

...can't be done.
    Thanks, lesson learned. I don't at all take it as salt in the wound, I just wish I knew/realized that back on September 28th when I started the Shard/Post.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Yeah, it's one of those things that take getting used to. You can always reference prior scenes, but you can't daisy-chain them in absolute chronology. Just for future reference:

For example:

"As they are leaving from the formal meeting place..."

Could be:

"After suggesting they meet sometime for coffee before leaving..."

Which maintains a sense of continuity but avoids all the landmines of trying to dictate when 'after' was.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Yes, thanks! And if that edit were something you didn't mind making, I'd be thrilled to 'fix' it in the record! Either way, I have put in on my list of things to try to remember when I am pausing and editing a post instead of rushing to just hit 'submit'! :-D

Yeah, it's one of those things that take getting used to. You can always reference prior scenes, but you can't daisy-chain them in absolute chronology. Just for future reference:

For example:

"As they are leaving from the formal meeting place..."

Could be:

"After suggesting they meet sometime for coffee before leaving..."

Which maintains a sense of continuity but avoids all the landmines of trying to dictate when 'after' was.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Hi folks!

Due to the events of the past month, I'll dole out some free XP just like we did when we went through a similar shut down last year.

I will do the November XP then as well.

This should save any worries people may have - and free people up for the Season

12. Likes Mark, Ruach liked this post

Puck Scenes

Anybody mind if I open concilium for January or do people want to wait for something? I got a newbie mage who wants to meet some peeps.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce liked this post
Page 9 of 53 First ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread