Ended
Watch

(1909) By the Fireplace

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Abraham Norton

Abraham takes the flask from Reed's hand and takes a swig. There's not much left - the Wizened took good care of that - so all it takes is a moment for the last drops to flow. It smelled slightly of oaken wood and bitter memories - or maybe that's just the Flowering's imagination? The flask is handed back to the Winter.

"Danger is not something you can avoid" He says thoughtfully "It's just a matter of management"

He wants to ask if this has anything to do with the hardening of Reed's Mask, but then thinks better of it. The entire reason he is here is to direct Mills' thoughts away from his Sorrow, his curiosity can be sated another time.

"Hey, let me ask you something. Is there anything you wanted to do that you've never done?" He asks, trying to embed the conversation in the future rather than the past "Or you can tell me to scram" He smiles "I just wanted to check up on you, not invade your personal space" The knight-errant was all for banter, but had enough sense to realize there were times when you needed to be alone with your thoughts.

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

Mein: Those familiar with a certain computer game would say he looked like he walked out of an ink machine. His hair is an ink-soaked mess. The black liquid nearly drips from his fingers. His teeth still white, shine even brighter. His skin appears mostly grey but those scars of his swirl like black veins of ink running through and around his body.

PRE

Markarth caught the tail end of Abraham's question to Reed, the Elemental had opened his mouth to speak but promptly closed it. This was a personal matter it seemed, so he coughed to announce himself but didn't speak yet. He had enough tact for that at least.

Presence
    (Unremarkable)
    Mantle
    (Winter)
    New Identity
    (Reed Mills)
    Reed Mills

Mask
    Reed is by all accounts an unremarkable guy. Somewhere north of 30 and south of 40. He stands about 5’10’’ with a slight hunch. Mud brown eyes, curly brown hair worn on the longer side with unkept mutton chops. His face is lined from time out in the sun and his fingernails have dirt under them. He’s typically in work clothes and boots and it’s clear his occupation keeps him outside. He can often be seen wearing a broad-brimmed straw hat that has definitely seen better days.

Mien
    To those that can truly see him, Reed has skin the color of mud. A deep, rich brown. His pupil-less eyes are the same color. Even his teeth are brown. His face is deeply lined. Maybe scarred? His ears are pointed and his fingers are long and knobby. He is painfully thin with a pronounced hunch to his back and a pot-belly. His bulbous head is bald save for a thin layer of green moss. His mantle manifests as an added clarity, as if you are viewing him on a crisp, clear winter day.

PRE

Reed accepts the flask, looking relieved that it's been finished off.

"Truer words, Abe." He waggles the empty flask at the Flowering before returning it to his coat pocket. "Truer words."

The fire crackles, sending sparks shooting out of the hearth.

"I used to think I wanted to see the jungle. Like the rain forest, you know?" But he's seen endless tracks of foliage since. And he's fine with not seeing anything like that ever again. "Now?" He shrugs. "How about you?" he asks, playing along. Though his eyes are still on the fire.

At the sound of Markarth's cough, Reed glances back over his shoulder.

"Well, come grab yourself a spot," he says to the walking Oil Slick. "There's fire enough for everyone. Though Abe just finished my booze." He doesn't sound annoyed, though he's not exactly welcoming either. Just kind of distracted.

A
    Abraham Norton

"Really? Interesting" And it is. Rainforests is not the place to find many Winter Courtiers, at least stereotypically "If that thought ever returns, you may want to hurry while there's still some of that left" Like most people, Abraham watched the news. It was one more anchor to keep him sane and with sources of small talk, when he needs them "Me? I'm an actor, but I always wanted to write and direct my own play. I don't care if it'll be on Broadway or a school theater, it's the experience that counts for me" Abandoning false modesty, he has the talent and magic for it, now it's just a matter of building up his standing in the industry.

The Flowering nods at the arrival of the inky Torrent "I don't know if you've met. Markarth - Reed, Reed - Markarth" Events like these, they are about bringing people together, and Abraham is decided to ease it along, if he can "If we wanted to quench thirst, there might be something over at that table?" He looks to the piece of furniture next to them. The knight-errant doesn't feel particularly hungry or thirsty, but a taste would be in order - if for no other reason, then so as not to offend the hosts.

At least he thinks the bottles contain beverages that are safe to drink. But can you ever tell with the Leaden Mirror?

"Great setup, by the way" It's almost as good as ours "I'm glad to see the Ashen Court flourishing" Even if Blaire, the towering Ogress, is not present "The other day, by the river, you said you study Fae magic? Is there any area you are particularly interested in?" Small talk clearly wasn't the Elemental's strong suit, as shown during that barbecue meetup, but Abraham hopes to keep his interest with some more serious business.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's ears were pointy but that didn't mean she caught everything that was being said as she walked over. She only picked up a few things from the tail end of Reed and Abraham's words. Something about an ooze and magic? Well that could be interesting.

"Hello, is this the boys brazier balcony?" she greats with a smile and small hand wave. "We've all met before though I don't think I've see Markarth since that barbecue. Heard a lil' of what ya were talkin' about on the way up," she points at her twitching right ear, "Hard not ta with these. Magic right? Our stuff or the stuff the mortals think is real? I've been investigating the latter, a little bit."

Well she had been checking to see if that mortal club was either onto something they should avoid or actually found something real that wasn't fae.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

Mein: Those familiar with a certain computer game would say he looked like he walked out of an ink machine. His hair is an ink-soaked mess. The black liquid nearly drips from his fingers. His teeth still white, shine even brighter. His skin appears mostly grey but those scars of his swirl like black veins of ink running through and around his body.

PRE

"Not much of a drinker," Markarth however did take a seat, adjusting his spear so it didn't stab or cut him, he nods to Reed when Abraham introduced him. "Greetings."

Abraham asked him about what kind of magic he studied. "Anything I can find mostly, I've been focusing on my Seeming's innate power over the elements. But I've an interest in Goblin Contracts, vows and...Pledgecraft. I've even figured out how to make 'Goblin Vows' with some aspects of the Wyrd, it's powerful if your in a pinch but you got to be careful like you do with any Pledge."

The Inkblot turned and waved to Circe when she walked over, "Still settling in, trying to figure out who runs what in town so I don't go stepping on toes."

A
    Abraham Norton

He smiles at Circe as she approaches, and to her notion of a triple-bee balcony the Flowering replies playfully "Well gentlemen, I think we forgot to put up the 'no girls allowed' sign, but..." A shrug "I don't really mind" Might be just the fact of how the elf rolled. Might have something to do with that dress of hers.

As Markarth confesses his occult interests, Abraham can't help but wonder what exactly is the element that he mimics. Is it ink? Well, if sand can be a thing... stranger things have happened "'Goblin Contracts and Vows? That's a very... specific area of study" So much so, that there's a lot less information circulating on them than there is on other Contracts "And a dangerous one. While I always focused on the dangers and bounties of the Hedge, I'd be interested in what made you choose it, and what you have discovered" And how, if at all, does this gigantic feather come into it...

"If you want to share, that is" The knight-errant adds with a smile. Sure, he pries, but that doesn't mean he must be blunt about it.

Mantle (Autumn)
    (Autumn Breeze)
    Hedgespun Weapon
    (The Master's Quill)
    Markarth

PRE

Markarth smiles, why not? After all this is the season for horror stories. "Figured it was par for the course," Markarth stood up and pulled his spear from his back. He ran the length of it across his hand stopping just before it's tip. "Once upon a time, there was a boy. This boy despite his father's desires had no interest in what the father wanted him to," Markarth gripped the spear in the middle and gave it a spin. "Every time the father would put a ball or a bat into the boy's hands he'd drop it for a pen, or a set of dice. Or any other number of things. This enraged the father, why the very idea that his offspring was their own person and not someone he could mold into what he wanted boggled the man."

Markarth balanced the weapon on his shoulder the feather falling behind him, ​"This man however...either by design, or by the unforgiving hand of luck. Got his wish, for one night when the boy was making his way home...he disappeared and left in his place was a fake. A fetch that was the son the man had always wanted. Obedient, strong, fast, moldable. So the man never questioned the change never cared to. Meanwhile the boy was taken, and shoved into an Ink Vial on the desk of a being he never saw clearly. He spent years there, swirled along with the inks and dyes cast into the vial. He felt the stab of his Keeper's Quill, again and again and again. Felt his own being drawn out and etched upon the parchment. But what the master didn't know...was that he was studying the Keeper's writing. The vows and pledges the contracts he wrote out, that his blood was mixed into and it sparked a desire within the poor child."

The elemental sat down again, "One day...the Keeper knocked the vial over and the boy ran, snatching up the quill in a mad dash to escape. Oh how it must have hurt to feel the thorns of the edge rip and tear. How heartbroken to learned he wasn't missed at all," Markarth sat back, ​"Course....it's just a story."

9. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well good news Marky, we really need more toes ta step on," Circe gives Markarath a thumbs up as she said that, "And I'll let ya know if ya step on mine before stomping back," she winks then sighs, "Seriously though, I think I'm the entire Summer Court. Again," she deflates and looks to the booze on the other balcony, "So tempting, glass pigeons."

"Glad ya don't mind Abe but what makes ya think such a sign would stop me?"
    She holds out both hands towards him as she talks. And the hands keep moving, "Too much woman ta be called a girl."

Circe had never been big on contracts. She needed to change that it seems. Goblin Contracts however she had seen sometimes in use with her contacts, though not known what they were. "Hobs I've done business with in the past. Most Gob Contracts I've heard of tend ta have a double edge effect on ya. Good and bad," she decides to add in to the talk, "Never learned one or the name o' one. Always preferred more mundane methods ta fight fer the Iron Spear if ya catch my drift."

Circe makes a finger gun that she shoots off to the side. And then Markarath tells the tale of what happened to him. "Ouch," she winces at that, "Damn. Those stories are never good, always with the evil twin, that yer family likes better no less, why is that so damn common," some similarity she had with him there.

"Never do we hear something like bein' the last blueberry in line on the chain gang and noticing that mechanical clever could be convenient." She leans against the railing and folds her arms which covers the midriff hole of her dress, "Are we all sharing those kinda stories then? Don't wanna be pretentious about my debt ta wasps or such."

ooc:I seriously wished I'd found that link before coming up with Circe's origin.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

11. Likes liked this post
    A
    Abraham Norton

"Of course it wouldn't stop you, Circe" He grins "It'd take a lot more than a piece of wood to give pause to the Queen of Summer" The Flowering says with respect. She was strong, of arm and of will, and that's why Abraham wanted to stay close to her - to draw from that strength.

The Flowering listens to the Ink Elemental's tale in silence, eyes firmly set on the hearth. Neither his Mantle nor his conduct betrayed a lot of experience as a member of the changeling breed, and the fact that he shared all of it so readily confirmed that suspicion. Clearly, the man wanted to vent and Abraham was happy to oblige "Right... just a story. Clearly, though, the father never got the memo that the boy's Desires Are His Own" He muses, smuggling that bit of Spring wisdom through.

A whisper of Circe was caught "It's common, because it's meant to be that way. Persuade your loved ones away from looking for you. Don't worry about it" He shrugs "Out with the old, in with the new" Another lesson of the Emeralds, although less commonly accepted by those outside the Court.

"Pretentious?" He says with some disbelief "There's nothing pretentious in what happened to us or in the way we've come since then. I'd be honored to listen to your story, and share mine if it's wanted, but only if that is what you Desire to say" You can almost hear the majuscule.

In the meantime a new presence appears - one that introduces himself as Cei , with nice voice and nicer face. Interestingly, he claimed protection from no Court - first such individual the knight-errant has seen since coming to the city. From his vantage point, Abraham gives the man a good, long look, but seeing as others are already engaging him, he elects to stay here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.