Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Early bird catches the worm and gets the boomstick. Or something like that, is what Circe figured as she awaited Simone's arrival.

The trod was quite unnerving in the twilight before dawn yet the elfin Fairest new it would change dramatically with the light of day. The Hedge was big on thematic and it was much harder to be dark and spooky during the daytime.

She'd not selected this trod for Simone to try out her new purchase, and try her own work, because of the fascinating change lighting had upon the landscape. No, it was because some time in the past somebody had decided to ditch a a car in the Thorns. A check of the vehicle's trunk had revealed extra compartments full of broken bottles.

None intact sadly. A hammer and some time had fixed the roof enough to serve as a flat surface for the tomato cans resting atop them. Good for distant shots. Closer shots? That was why cardboard boxes littered the field between Circe's beach chairs and the wrecked car. Each had 3 to 5 food cans balanced on them. Circe spared every expense in setting up the targets.

She sipped coffee using a thermos and travel cups as she awaited Simone's arrival through the nearby Hedge Gate. The instructions should have been clear enough for her fellow Summer to find it just fine. Ducky butt wasn't exactly a description that could apply to many doors.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

S
    Simone Sangoma

Simone was quietly looking forward to this meeting, ever since discussing it briefly over at McKinley park. Being able to fire some rounds always had a calming, balancing effect for her, a way to focus her mind, and her usual practice time was early evening before heading off to work. This early, however, was pleasant. The sun wasn't too glaring yet, wasn't yet sapping the strength from her.

Had Circe done this deliberately?

Simone couldn't tell as she stepped through the trod, following the directions left. Her pack was filled with a couple of bottles of water, self-made sandwiches (peanut butter, obviously), first aid kit and cell phone (really not needed here but still). She carried her rifle and scope in its case, zipped closed.

Spotting Circe, Simone offered a "Hey, morning," before placing the case on the floor by the chairs. Wearing a simple pair of denim jeans, white blouse and black, well-worn Converse, the Darkling took in their surroundings. "Nice place you've found, Circe. D'you come here often?" As she asked the question, Simone tied back the muddy braids from her cracked, moonlit face. Around her, the sound of insects could be heard, buzzing.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Beside Circe's chair rests a gym bag with magazines of literature and bullet varieties. Leaning upright against her chair is a modified SKS carbine. The elfin Fairest added a scope, silencer, fiber optic sights, and chromed internals to reduce maintainance. A few other things are sticking out of the gym bag, including a sheathed machete with a broken handle.

The Larcenist herself was almost matching Simone save for blue sneakers, kevlar vest, and shoulder holster. She raises her free hand to greet Simone, "Yo Simone. Glad ya found the duck door. Coffee and cake," she points to between the chairs to a second large travel thermos beside a small platter of pastries, "If ya want'em. And yes. I've visit this often," she waves her hand towards the gun range she'd set up to point in one bush covered area, "I think there's a fence over there. Pit over younded. And don't worry I have plenty of rounds in case something stupid investigates the noise," she chuckles, "Problem solving through superior firepower."

"This fog won't last much longer. It clears right up with the sunrise. So,"
    she sips her coffee and then tilts her head as she looks at Simone, "Ya got plenty of time ta set up yer kit. Only got the Soviet discount," she pats the carbine, "Ready in case of visitors. No need ta rush."

For Circe it was either wonderful coffee or wonderful guns first. Either was a win in her mind.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

S
    Simone Sangoma

"Coffee? I could murder caffeine," Simone replied, stifling a yawn with the back of her spare hand. "I'm usually heading to bed this time of the day. Don't really get to see much of the day, for obvious reasons."

At mention of the Soviet rifle, Simone nodded in appreciation. "Nice bit of kit. What size carbine does it take?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Got a whole thermos fer ya," she points at said half gallon thermos, "Coffee is power defeatin' the need fer sleep."

Circe grinned widely at the query of her handiwork, "762 Soviet originally. I am considering rechamberin' it for 308 fer convenience sake. I mean," she giggles, "Makin' my own rounds is amusing but tedious. Eeeeeven if it might be good fer if I learn ta Hedgespin. I mean," she sips her coffee before using her free hand to emphasize each of the next word, "Magic bullets. Or just thorn bullets, I ain't sure what it can do yet."

S
    Simone Sangoma

"Life saver," Simone said as she leaned down to pour herself a cup of Circe's finest. Blowing across the surface of the coffee, the steam dissipating from her breath, the Darkling took a sip. It tasted better than the ER's machine-brewed crap she put up with. This coffee was the good shit.

"It's a nice piece. I'll leave the magic bullets for you to figure out though. Sounds like a bitch to sort out. Where do you start with that?"

Another sip. Damn, it was good stuff.

"I'm a little embarrassed to have even brought mine," Simone said with a chuckle that was edged with bitterness. Placing down the cup, she knelt down and unzipped the gun case, removing the Cooper Model 57. Standing up again, Simone opened the bolt to check inside the chamber. Currently empty, Simone was content and slid the bolt shut before taking her scope from her pack and attaching it to the plinking rifle. "It ain't much but it's helped me to get used to shooting."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Step one is healing goblin fruit, step to is ask Cole, step three is excitement with a side of healing, and finally profit!" Circe says in jest as answer to Simone's question on the process. At least she hoped it was purely in jest. "Unless Hedge bird poop is an ingredient in Hedgespun rounds, then fanculo that."

"Well I needed a rifle on short notice ta, ha ha, remove a fairy serious problem,"
    Circe wiggles her eyebrows and ears at the horrid pun as she taps the SKS with her free hand, "Ammo a bitch bein' an import. Can't trust the third world shit. Yers is plentiful ta find, makes me tempted ta buy a 180 if I had a good place ta hide it," her ears droop as Circe lets out a sigh, "Imma need to buy American or get a proper reloading bench ta make my own brass." Circe frowns in thought before smiling, "Actually that sounds fun."

She patted the rifle and eyed the one Simone had taken out, "And hey at least yers is made in America," red and black eyes dart between the two guns, "And, uh, not a pellet gun. I went overboard on modifying this beast. Boredom and a love fer doin' it." She already had a more practical longarm in her shotgun. She could have gotten something even better save for a old habit. Circe had always hidden the good stuff in her motley's Hollow but didn't have one right now. Hence the lack of purchasing. But soon.

"And even though I am really more a sidearm gal,"
    Circe leaned down and picked up a box of hollowpoints for a Cooper 57. She brandishes these towards Simone with a proud smile, "I am still enough of a blue gunbunny ta have guessed yer caliber right."

Hollowpoints have range reduction -0/-3/-5 for short, medium, and long respectively. Against unarmored living targets, or cans, the damage roll is +1. Against anything with durability or armor rating vs firearms it is -2.

S
    Simone Sangoma

Simone smirked at the horrendous pun. Didn't mean it hadn't amused the Darkling.

"Yeah, American made, American bought. Hardest part was getting ID for the fucking purchase. Someone I knew down in Oakland hooked me up and the rest is history."

Nodding along as Circe told her about her SKS, Simone poured herself another coffee, and was glad for it. "Well, everyone needs a hobby, right?"

"Shiny," the moonborn replied as she took the box. Placing it down on one of the chairs, she took out one of her empty magazines and began to load the hollow points.

Time for small talk.

"So, been here long?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well it is cheaper then fighter jet collectin," she sips her coffee as she jokes about her own hobby with Simone. As for moonlit nurse's joy at the munitions Circe giggled, "May ya have the chance ta use them in somebody else's bad health."

It made sense to her. Like gifting someone a healing fruit and telling them you hoped it would come to be of no use. Oh, and they were chatting now. Circe sips her coffee.

"Just a couple hours. Had ta setup the range. Fix up the car,"
    she sips her coffee as she points towards the wreck with the furthest cans atop its roof, "And break a machete. Ya know, fun. Ya have a long shift? Didn't know ya were workin' last night when I set this up."

S
    Simone Sangoma

"Not really, just some overtime. Need the cash. Managed to grab an hours sleep before heading over."

Eyebrows furrowed. Head cocked.

"How did you break the machete?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread