THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The Priscus leans against the wall by the statue representing Juno in the aspect of the Mother, creating some space with the influx. He eyes it momentarily before flicking his gaze back to Mable Wood . He kept an ear cocked for the conversation between Madcap and Jacque, knowing the Whip was reasonable, but the Herald having shown a delicate ego.

"How have things been for you with the new position?" he asked, tone cheerful.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Not bad so far. I have yet to be given instructions as to what I am allowed to do. I should be meeting with the Prince about that very shortly. So what's up?" Mable looked at Garrett waiting for his real reason for calling her over here.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper nodded. This was the second Court without any desired updates, so he could only assume things remained status-quo from the Keeper debate for Mable to be kept in the dark for anything jarring.

Madcap's comment about being potentially jumped earned a small twitch of the mouth. The Brujah wasn't subtle in his ideas, and if Jacque kept poking that bear to cause a disruption he assumed the she-wolf would be on his ass to stop baiting the Savage. He had been part of that conversation about taking grievances to the Keeper instead of open debate, Madcap had not; storming out in protest to the lack of consistency. And nothing was in the books according to Mable as to whether that was still the new expectation.

"Well, you answered the business question. If I am preventing you from enacting on a schedule," he gestured back to the spot on the floor she was not-warming with her cold body, "by all means. If not, I just was looking for conversation," he chuckled before a nod to the statue. "I used to study these sorts of things and wanted to pick your brain. You seemed distracted when I broached it earlier—figured I could be less subtle." Mable was some sort of man-eating dryad packed in a flower child smile; the fact that she didn't ping coy bridges for conversation baited him to adapt, and he wasn't about to pearl clutch at the notion of just saying what was on his mind.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Conversation is awesome. Sorry if I seemed distracted." She stopped talking suddenly. Then had a realization, "Wow, I think I am distracted most of the time. Interesting to learn something about yourself." She chuckled.

"Less subtle with me is always best. As you have noted, I don't always pick up of subtle cues. I'm trying to learn. It's something I am hoping you as my Priscus can help with."

She paused occasionally to listen to the room. She felt Mad cap was in control. But Jack worried her.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

'My' Priscus?

Prosper's smile becomes razored.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-05 18:26:18 Garrett Prosper rolls 6 to that some sass I hear? (Wits + Empathy) (10 Again) 6, 8, 8, 8, 2, 5 3 successes

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable noticed his smile changed slightly. Shit. She needed a manual for his body language.
    Last edited by Mable Wood; Jun 5th, 2019 at 10:10 PM.  Reason for Edit: misread a post fixing mistake

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Psychangel OOC check-in: if Mable isn't defending, the roll was to detect if she was insulting him on purpose. How I'm reading this is that went straight over her head IC?

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable couldn't figure out what was up with the change in body language.
      failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-06 11:15:40 Mable Wood rolls 3 to What's up with that weird smile? wits + empathy (10 Again) 4, 5, 3 failure

It totally went over her head! OOC:Sorry trying to learn how to do this stuff but having fun

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The Gangrel bit his tongue before the barrage of snipes slipped past in his excitement. Right, it's Mable. The Crone radiated her country girl energy as she spoke and watched the Court, you could almost forget the image of her hacking apart the Kine to feed her garden! Garrett suddenly laughed, shaking off the imagined challenge.

"Forgive me, Keeper, for a second I was back in Berlin. You start playing those imagined chess games," he waved his hand. "Just like the Prince, I would avoid denoting a possessive pronoun to a Title in Court, with the culture of the First Estate it denotes ownership and dominance and invites the insulted party to prove them wrong." He would have preferred a private correction for her sake, but unfortunately he had to save face in this situation himself before the fangs flashed in whispering corners.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable's eyes got big for a split second. "OH, I am sorry. I didn't even realize I had said that. I didn't mean offense. I'll watch my wording in the future. I was just trying to differentiate... Shoot." She shut up about it.

"At some point, I would like to hear more about your past." She looked around, "Here isn't the time and place however." to many ears who would use any information against another.

"If you are ever wanting to play an actual chess game, I would love to play. Though, I prefer speed chess. I hate sitting for too long."

11. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread