(girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Nox Populi Nightclub.

In the heart of downtown Sacramento there is a place of intrigue, excitement and entertainment. The modern flare of this venue is host to exclusive parties. The seduction of this establishment may take you away as you drink, dance and socialize. There are private services available upon request. The best DJ’s in town are in line to play a wide variety of music. Some of you may dine…as long as you have your VIP pass.

It’s June in Sacramento. The days are longer, and the nights are shorter. The Nox nightclub's upstairs section fills with lively individuals celebrating love, life, and joyous events. Their exuberance is spread to all they encounter, including those who dance the slow Danse of the eternal undead.

The Kindred are discreetly met at the door and led to the back of the club where they may use the stairs or take the elevator to the exclusive meeting rooms. The space downstairs is decorated in dark, rich woods and expensive furniture. There's a coat room that will also hold one's 'unmentionables'; namely, weapons, at the foot of the stairs. There are also private areas, dark, and furnished with soft couches, as well as meeting rooms with conference tables and chairs, and an area with several televisions.

The Court area is decorated with long black and red silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Drapes hang in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars; the lighting is intentionally low, and even with the gentle pulse of music from above, the place has the feel of a sepulcher. Tonight, statues of the Roman goddess, Juno are found through out the area; Warrior Juno, Councilor Juno, Protector Juno, and Mother Juno.

The common area circles the Court proper, and it becomes apparent that this is not a place used just for a single evening. Small symbols note areas for Kindred only that branch off of the Commons, which will be necessary once those Kine privileged enough to see behind the Masquerade filter in: ghouls, herd members, or even devotees.

Another evening; another Danse. For some it will their first, for some it shall be their last. After all, this is the Prince's Elysium, and subject to the Laws of the Domain.

Eternal Court is open once more...

Please remember that Predator's Taint is in effect and role-play is expected, or rolls will be asked for!

This is a great place to get Acknowledged

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable checked everything in the Court several times. She had even checked outside to make sure it was clear of any new cameras. She would never forget the day she caught the PI guy planting cameras. Safety was important to her. Protecting the kindred who came into Elysium was important. They had a right to expect a safe environment.

Mable was sure that it was not going to be a quiet court. Last one was a fluke.

Mable gathered her white skirt and went up the stairs indicated to the staff that all was ready.
    She then went down stairs and waited for it to begin.

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

Mister Meadows, Interpreter

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ellis descended into hell once again, for his regular scourging. So much of his time was spent as the only vampire in the room, either alone or surrounded by clusters of kine that came in various sizes. Sure, there were the occasional meetings and encounters like himself, but they made up such a small fraction of his time in the grand scheme of things that they hardly counted. Still, one becomes lonely for one's own kind sooner or later, and that's what court was for. It also helped with keeping perspective.

Even if meeting them is like being strung up on a St. Andrew's Cross while someone fills the cavities where your eyes used to be with molten pewter.

Ellis stops in at the coat check to get searched and deposit the blazer from his outfit into the closet while he calms himself. Once settled, he examines the decor, the drapery and the statuary.

He approaches the Keeper and nods his greetings, before gesturing to the statues. "Good evening, Keeper Wood. Is there an underlying theme to the decor tonight, or are you paying respect to the Goddess Juno?"

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-06-01 18:16:07 Ellis Meadows rolls 4 to Int + Acad (10 Again) 5, 2, 9, 9 2 successes

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Steady footfalls announced the coming of Madcap.

It took some will to come to the Nox. Court gave him too many headaches. The banning of what Madcap saw as a suitable Monomacy hadn't helped matters. Neither had the recent meeting with the Blood.

However, that was part of the reason he had come. The Domain was... unstable. Rash decisions from the Prince had already elicited reactions from Madcap, the Domain already knew this. However, the effects of the decisions had now given the King of Swords a call to observe. Madcap had been in war before and the tension of the Domain stunk of coming conflict. With the feeding of the Ordo Dracul stunted, a regency lost, and a new healthy target seemingly placed squarely on his Order's back, the attentions of this Dragon were finally being drawn outward to the greater Domain after a month's hiatus.

If Madcap felt a conflict was imminent, it suited his purposes and those of the covenant's to see if there was any truth to such thoughts. The Great Work could not be interrupted.

Striding down the stairs, the Bruja came to Elysium wearing a familiar dark blue slim-fit suit. It was the very same he had worn at the eventful Keeper Formal Court two months previous. He had considered wearing his usual gear, but the growing instability of the Domain made him reconsider. There was no reason to get banished or chided for wearing his regular closed, but, with things as they were lately, he wouldn't put it past the Domain's higher stations to do so. Nonetheless, it was likely clear that Madcap's wardrobe was not extensive when it came to formal articles.

And then he saw Mable, the Keeper of Elysium. His Beast wished to clash with hers and prove it's strength, but the growls were ignored by the Bruja's will. Seems he had arrived early, as only one had arrived to join their company.

"Well I'll be damned, Keeper," he said with an almost friendly smile, "Looking sharp."

Pale eyes then found the other man, Madcap's beast calling for him to rend the stranger in two. That was not on the agenda and so the Beast was silenced and pushed deep. He didn't know this man. Thus, Madcap's greeting was worldless, consisting of a nod in acknowledgement.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

First Ellis then Mad Cap. Mable's beast was seeing red. kill them fill the halls with blood. Mable steadied herself and pulled the beast in. Not today she though.

"Good evening Mr. Meadows. Juno, is very special to me. The Warrior, The Protector, The Mother."

Mad Cap came in, "Thank you, Mad Cap. You are looking quite...wonderful yourself." Delicious came to mind but she behaved.

"Have you two met?"

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Whip Madcap." He returns the nod and extends a hand to the other man, even knowing that his skin will feel raw and flayed at the touch of another vampire. "Ellis Meadows."

"I haven't had the honor of meeting the Whip until now, Keeper. Though I recognize him from the night of my I arrival," Ellis adds, deftly sidestepping the issue of April's Court. "I believe that the only Kindred in Her Majesty's Court that I have not personally spoken with yet are Priscus Prosper, Priscus Vitale, Mr. Finley and Mr. James." That was assuming no one new showed up this month at least. Ellis looks pensive for a moment before adding "Oh, no there is another woman. I don't know her name, but I've seen her at Court. I'm sure it's only a matter of time though."

Ellis nods as Mable explains a bit of her connection to the Roman Goddess. "Are those three... qualities what you look for in the, please forgive me if I use the wrong term, patron Goddesses you worship? Or do you look for different things from different Goddesses?"

Presence
    (Formidable)
    Madcap

PRE

Madcap lets out a mirthful huff at Mable's response.

"A compliment from one of the Prince's officers? That's... unexpected," he teased. Mable had a better glimpse into Madcap's relationship with the Prince than others, particularly their notable animosity towards one another. She'd understand the jest, or at least the Bruja thought as much.

Madcap would take the offered hand of the weaker Beast before him, giving a brief, but firm shake.

"Just Madcap," he says, "Last I checked I ain't your Whip, so no point calling me as such."

Madcap wasn't big on other Clans using his title from the Blood. His place was to make sure the Gangrel were Gangrel and they stayed in line. He had no authority beyond the family.

Nonetheless, the son of Bruja smirked as Ellis sidestepped the eventful nature of the Court in April.

What a good little courtier.

"Nah, not officially, Keeper. Seen him around, but I ain't one for Court as you know. Doesn't suit my nature," he says, his voice plain, but friendly.

"I can't speak for the others," Madcap said as Ellis mentioned those he had yet to meet, "but I took some time away from the Court last month to see to issues of covenant and Blood."

That was a good enough explanation. The other plain truth was that Cap didn't give a damn about the political posturing in Court. Well... at least not beyond the concerns of Dragon feedings, the pursuit of the Great Work, and the establishment of good working relationships with his clan. After all, there was always a reason for a Dragon to look to matters beyond his studies.

"Finley? Don't recall the name," he said, Madcap hadn't meant the man. There were a number of faces Madcap did not know well, but they were neither Dragons nor Gangrel. Therefore, they were a tertiary concern.

The conversation then turned to the Court's theme and Madcap let the two discuss it should Mable wish to humor Meadows.

8. Likes Krakenbox liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable decided to do the formal thing sort of, "Well, this here is Ellis Meadows and this is Mad Cap."

Looking at Madcap, and knowing he doesn't care about formality any more than she does, still it is court "Whip, Please excuse my horrible in court manners. I should have addressed you as Whip right off. Old habits die hard."

"Mr. Meadows, if I don't end up tied down to court stuff, I would be happy to introduce you to whomever you wish to meet."

"Now, your question about goddesses...I definitely am more of a polytheism kinda girl. I believe in multiple gods and goddesses. But as far as the ones I worship? I'm not sure that I seek anything specific because they each have their own special qualities."

"Juno specifically has qualities that I wish to see develop more strongly in myself. I prefer Juno over Hera for example, because well...Hera was really just a petty jealous woman. I don't let envy get to me and I don't really like it in others when I see it. Juno was a warrior, a protector something that I can see relatable. And even though she is a warrior, she also knows that not every battle needs to be fought."

"My specific patroness is Goddess Morrigan. She represents the cycle of life. And much like Persephone, she is associated with life and death."

Mable raises her hand to her lips as she realizes she is chattering on.

"Do either of you have any specific ideologies?"

Presence
    (Suasive)
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Ellis Meadows

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I expect that a number of people had the same idea last month, Madcap." Ellis' handshake is similarly firm, he doesn't do the macho grip crushing thing, either because he doesn't think he'd win, or it's just not in his nature. "Still, there is plenty of time. If my need becomes pressing, I can always reach out to them more directly."

"Mr. Finley came in near the tail end of the evening." Ellis says. "Had a short conversation with Her Majesty, Priscus Vitale and Mr. Boyle after meeting with the Keeper and Regent Krieg, I believe? I expect that if he and Herald Jacque show up, the Herald will speak with him. He seemed quite interested in his presence." Ellis hadn't missed where Jacque's attention was, nor his texting while speaking with the Seneschal and Keeper as he left. Still, Ellis wasn't the first person Jacque had offended. He doubted that he'd be the last, even if some people were more willing to overlook things of that nature.

Oh! It could be a fun little game this evening, tallying up all the little insults and gaffes the Chosen Voice of the Prince made tonight. It was so handy, being able to make up fun little games for yourself. He'd have to come up with a name for it if it proved entertaining enough.

"While I would hate to monopolize your evening Keeper, I would welcome any introductions you chose to make." Ellis says with a smile. It wasn't a thing she had to do, but it was a very Invictus thing, introductions. It was nice when someone did Invictus things, even if they weren't Invictus. It felt appropriate. "All I really know about any greek god is the very basic parts you'd get from public high school and general cultural osmosis. So all I know of Hera is that she's basically Hercules' wicked step-mother. Hermes was the messenger of the Gods, Zeus couldn't keep it in his pants, Hades had a dog and was basically the devil, that sort of thing. I know that's all a gross simplification that does a disservice to their histories, but my nights aren't really focused on gods and goddesses very often. Morrigan is what? Irish? How far do you go, looking for beings to worship? The runes Hierophant Krieg used at the Beltane Celebration had a certain Norse look to them."

"In regards to Spirituality?" Ellis asks. "I find some comfort in the Testament of Longinus. I confess that before my Embrace, I felt that matters of faith were somewhat beneath me. It seemed so silly and superstitious in a world that was so modern." Ellis gives a little laugh. "Since my Embrace, I've found it harder to dismiss things as mere superstitions, since I've become one."

K
    Krieg

Krieg carried his change of clothes in his satchel. The giant spent some time in the VIP 'bathroom.' He was dressed in a Roman toga. The Hierophant stepped down the stairs into Elysium. He checked his bag in the lounge, hidden behind a couch.

The presence of other Beasts warred for his attention. The fantasy image of Mable and himself as they fought tooth and claw against the Court, in a monstrous celebration for the Dark Goddess; it brought a momentary smile to his face.

He approached the group clustered around the Keeper. "Greetings, gentleman and Keeper."

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread