(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The center of the room contained a desk that was a rich dark mahogany. It was large enough for her to work on multiple things, but not too large to overshadow her.

The butterflies were placed here and there, adding her own unique style to the room.

On the desk was the standard items on it, papers, small lamp, a computer. There was also a tall glass dome. Beside the glass dome was another one, this one held the same brightly colored butterflies, but had a darker, sinister twist to it. There was a skull in this one, with the butterflies placed artfully around it. Another skull with butterflies on it was placed on a shelf behind her.

There wasn’t really art on the walls. But there were shadow boxes placed around the room with various colors of pinned butterflies. Some blue, some green and some a mixture.

Maybe not something you would expect from the Savage, nor would many expect or know that she pinned them herself. Next to cleaning her guns, it relaxed her.

Playing softly from speakers placed around the room was Beethoven.

On one of the shelves sat two vases, no flowers in them, but they were filled with an ashy substance.

The wall behind the seating area had a new painting on display, called A Witches Sabbath. Which had only recently arrived.

Two chairs sat in front of the desk, new chairs actually. They looked quite comfortable, but the selling point for Ale? They were skulls. There was also a seating area was set in one of the corners. Which had two chairs and a couch around a coffee table. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright.

Behind the desk sat Ale, Cain ever present at her side, head on his paws. Appearing to rest, but his ears gave away how aware he still was, always listening. She had some files open, ready to go over with Jacque when he arrived.

The Prince was in her usual black. This time a long sleeve blouse with a frilly collar. Her lips blood red.
    Killian Jacque
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque made his way to the familiar office, wearing a plain grey vest. This time he arrived armed with two fine pens and a pad of paper, anticipating the need for notes during the course of the discussion. Taking a moment to adjust his vest, he then rapped on the door and awaited permission to enter.

His eyes drifted over the new painting and he smiled, appreciating the style of art with the butterfly wings subtly placed in the scenery. Bowing his head, "I hope the evening finds you well, your Majesty." He gestured towards one of the chairs in a silent request to seat himself.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

For once, it wasn’t the press of a Beast that alerted her, but the actually knocking. Which was quite pleasant. Though Cain still paid as much attention as he usually did. Watching, sizing, eagerly awaiting a commend to tear the Lords throat out. But the commend never came.

The Savage instead smiled, “Herald Jacque, please, come in" and then nods, "Yes, have a seat.” She gestures to the chairs in front of her desk.

“I can’t really complain, it’s nice and quiet in here.” She says with a chuckle. “And you?” always good to check in and make sure things were going well. Especially those now in a Court position.

“I want to go over my current Laws, make changes where it’s needed, and expand on things that need a clearer wording.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The presence of the Prince's beast, as always, reminded the Lord to be aware of the exits. Not that he'd be able to outrun her companion. Her pleasantry gave him something to focus on, something to stave off the instinctual response to the apex of the Domain. That, and amusing himself with the thought that she was a cutlass away from being one badass looking pirate.

"I have to admit I do enjoy the atmosphere of your office, Prince Antinori. The music ties it all together quite lovely." He tilts his head, "I can't complain. I anticipated a few social jabs to come following the appointment. I don't care to engage with anyone's personal disagreements, but when they appear to be ignorant of your expectations I believe it falls under my responsibility to advise them of where they are straying from your requested decorum." He shrugs his shoulders, "If they continue to stray, then I cannot help them avoid your displeasure. I trust you'll tell me if you desire an adjustment to my approach." Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

He takes a seat and listens as the Prince speaks, "Certainly. If your evening is clear we could go through all of the documents from the top down. I noticed a couple of areas that are ambiguous and anything worth doing is worth doing right." Rotating his left hand outward as he clicks a pen with his right, "Have these laws been fairly consistent with your predecessors?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a hint of pride at the mention of her office. “Thank you. I know quite a few have been put off by the differences between the office and myself. Which I find quite amusing.” A shrug, the whole judging someone based off appearances. “Ah, well, the politics of Kindred are a minefield. Someone is always going to see how far they can push before losing a hand. And you’re right, you can only advise, and if they continue, then the consequences rest solely on them.” You could warn someone so many times before they had to find out themselves. Chuckling, “Yes, I’ll let you know when I don’t like or agree with your approach. I tend to not be bashful about that.” Bashful wasn’t in the Savage.

Nodding, “I set aside the whole evening for this. I’ve been looking at the Laws and making notes at what I think might need a closer look.” She gestures to the folders. “The events of numerous Courts tell me there is some things that need to be made clear.” She had to smirk at him looking all professional.

“These are actually the Laws that were in place when I came to the Domain years ago. I personally never saw an issue with them, as I considered them straight forward and no one seemed to ignore them. But obviously, we’ve encountered some Kindred who see fit to interpret the Laws as they see fit. Which will stop. I don’t want to hold another Execution Court. It tends to make for a depressing and somber night.”
    Not for her, but the rest of the Domain.

“You mentioned areas that appeared ambiguous, which ones?”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was an instinctual survey of Cain's demeanor at the mention of an execution court. He hadn't realized that the Prince was that far along in frustration, but all things considered he was probably sitting in one of the better spots to avoid drawing the Savage's wrath.

Jacque flips to the back of his notepad and pulls out a folded paper containing the Laws of the Domain. He taps each bullet with his pen as he scans for areas that stand out.

He glances up briefly to meet Alessandra's eyes between referencing the sheet for the language, "Sometimes it is hard to anticipate a manipulation of the writing of the laws, but based on recent events the first thing that stands out is the line about charging Boons to facilitate Prestation."

His hands softly flitting to accentuate his words, "Now, I am happy to see that Mister Finley's attitude has improved significantly and I hope that he finds himself quite successful here, but during his first encounter with Priscus Simmons he was quite fiery and arguably rude. As such, Priscus Simmons had suggested he offer prestation to smooth over the offenses his tardiness and brazen behavior caused to which he summarily refused. She then dismissed him from the meeting without acknowledgement, offering to revisit the conversation after your Formal Court in April. After he left, Mister Garcia made the pointed comment that it appeared as if she was delaying his presentation until he paid a Boon, which in such an abbreviated depiction of the exchange would represent a breaking of this Law. The Priscus of course backed down and reassured us all that she would not require the Boon to Acknowledge Mister Finley. All seemed agreeable at that point but curiously Mister Garcia still chose to make the off-hand comment about being sure that the Priscus and the Carthian could reach a fair price to receive acknowledgement when talking to you during Court. This of course was immediately picked up by the clever young dragon, and I'm certain from there the rumors continue to echo to this night."

As he concludes his story he rolls his fingers out towards the Prince, "I assume the intent of the Law was to prevent an ambitious Priscus from gatekeeping Acknowledgement out of greed, however this ambiguity seems to have created a loophole where a Priscus has to suffer such disrespect and not be able to ensure the seeker of Acknowledgement is capable of answering for that disrespect in the typical fashion before granting them access to your Domain." Shrugging his shoulders in contemplation before asking, "Though, that may not be a vetting you desire your Priscii to undertake. How would you wish your Law to be applied to those circumstances?"

He paused to hear what the Prince's thoughts were on the intent and execution of the Law.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Opening a folder, she glances at the Laws, nodding, “That does seem to have come up lately.”
    And she still only had one side of the story.

Looked like she was in luck, another side of the mess. “I’d like to say I’m surprised that he’s a Carthian, but that would be a lie. Though you are right, he was very respectful in Court, quite enjoyable to talk with actually.” But, not all Carthians were alike. “Mr Garcia was right in is assessment, it did have that look to it. Though I can understand what she was trying to accomplish.” She remembers Court and what was said, but she had hoped the Lords had worked that out. “Oh the rumors will probably continue no matter what happens. We live in a society where people see and hear what they want, then twist it to fit whatever drives them. Quite sad actually.” A shrug.

“You are correct. The intent is for Priscus to not be able to force a Boon onto a new Kindred for Acknowledgement. Most Kindred who come seeking acknowledgment are not so brazen to be rude right off the bat. It’s not unheard of, just not common. The problem is the line between a Boon for disrespect and one for Acknowledgement gets blurred. Perhaps there could be a temporary Acknowledgement until the Priscus, and Kindred in question, are able to sit down with someone in a position of power, and have an appropriate punishment or Boon handled. That way a Boon isn’t charged for the Acknowledgement, the Kindred can still feed, and the disrespect will be handled by a third party.” She then looked thoughtful, “Or that can be over complicating a simple matter. There could simply be a stipulation in the Laws dealing with disrespect. Which there should be one anyways as it’s become a problem lately.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"It is. Thankfully, with the trust you've put in me I'm less compelled to engage with the ignorance and embrace your standpoint of... how did you put it? Fanculo cosa pensano?" Through the badly pronounced Italian he smiles, thinking he said 'let them think whatever they want'.

He scribbles down the idea on his pad in shorthand, nodding and tapping his chin, "Yes, that could work. The thing about Kindred Laws and the ones governing etiquette is that you want to be clear on expectations but also give your subjects enough rope to hang themselves by showing their true colors."

He ponders a moment before building on the idea, "You could instead note that if any Prestation is demanded in conjunction with Acknowledgement that the Priscus must report the reasons for it in writing within 72 hours to either yourself or a delegated officer of your choice. The requirement would be right there in the Laws for the newly acknowledged to see, so everyone would be on the same page and it maintains an image that you have faith in the clan leaders to act ethically."

Noting the idea as he talks he concludes, "This empowers the Priscii in these rare circumstances while maintaining a proper oversight so that the position is not diminished by an overly sensitive Priscus or abused. The expectations are clear but has enough checks and balances to be extremely risky for any Priscus to try and circumvent. Last but not least, it doesn't congest schedules with extra meetings. What do you think?"

OOC

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hearing that he was less compelled to engage with the ignorance was good. But it was hearing the Italian, well, kind of, his pronunciation was off, but, there was effort, that made her smile and laugh, “Yes, I did say that and I stand by those words. And I’m glad you’re deciding to embrace that. It makes the nights a lot easier.” She stopped caring a while ago.

Nodding, “Those always seem to find a way to come to light. Everyone eventually shows their true colors. And if there is a way to force those to show sooner, I am all for it.” Though she still wouldn’t trust most Kindred in the Domain.

The Savage listens to how he built upon the idea, making it more feasible. “I could see that working. Perhaps a clause that the Kindred seeking Acknowledgement has the right to be include in on the writing. Some level of transparency. Not complete of course.” Did she have faith in them being ethic? She wasn’t sure yet.

“I believe it could work. It should also be made clear that any attempt to circumvent the Law will be met with them facing my displeasure.” And that would not go well for them. “Not having extra meetings would be welcome, seems that’s all my nights are filled with. Putting out fires and meetings.” A chuckle, “Not this meeting mind you.” This was a more enjoyable one thus far.

Looking at the Laws once again, “I believe Monomacy should be better explained. Since it has come up and people don’t know what actually needs to happen. Maybe things being better defined will make some pause when acting so rashly.”

OOC

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque, nodding along takes note of her suggestion. It seems she wanted a clear channel someone could pursue in the event of gatekeeping, "Of course. I'll draft up some language to that end." Smiling at the reminder of her displeasure, "It too will be done."

He was a little relieved that the Prince brought up the subject of Monomacy. A part of him was concerned that a suggestion prompted by him would be viewed as self-serving. He tapped down the bullets to make sure they weren't skipping over anything else that needed to be addressed before returning his gaze to the Prince, "I think that the confusion on that point stems from the language 'shall grant'. It makes it sound as if as long as there is one week notice and each party has witnesses then anyone can invoke Monomacy on anyone. From your words in Court it is clear that you intend for this to be petitioning the Prince and not simply dropping an FYI." He flicks his pen outward, his hand motion accenting the body language of curiosity, "You mentioned that had Mister Garcia gone about it in the right way you may have granted the Monomacy. What conditions would you like to impose prior to being petitioned?"

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread