Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    (Volcanic Pressure & Ash)
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

Rich moved with large strides to the shallow end of the pool, and made sure to commandeer an umbrella with a weighted bottom and pulled it so they could be shaded at the poolside. He would worry about a beer once he had the others here with him.

O
    Orion

Orion set his backpack at the poolside, not wanting to get his change of clothes or brewskis wet -- speaking of which, he produced the five remaining cans of Stella and gestured to them in a silent offer of camaraderie to the others. He popped the top of one and dipped his feet in the pool.

The shade?

NorCal kids probably thought it was hot out right now. This was cool compared to Phoenix.

S
    Simone Sangoma

As Simone followed the two huge Ogres to the shallow end of the pool, the Darkling gave a look at the rest of the changelings in attendance, once again making a mental note on the amount of striking individuals about, like a model convention. As Richard found a spot, the Darkling was pleased to find he had moved one of the big parasol umbrellas to act as shade. Squatting down near the edge of the pool, Simone made sure she was protected from the sun's direct rays.

One of Summer she may be, but she was the close, humidity of night rather than the burning splendour of the day.

"Sorry if I missed it, sir, but could I get your name again?" Simone said, respectfully removing her Raiders cap now she was in the shade, to the King of Summer. Social settings weren't her thing but she was aware how these things could very quickly change if she suddenly found out she'd caused some insult.

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Fawkes eventually drifts over, finishing a third cigarette and depositing Moon's desert hostage on the table with the rest. Hands in his pockets he blinks at the group before giving a respectful nod to Richard, remaining silent as he sits on the edge of the shade so the Simone can have her space.

He tucks a knee to his chest and folds his arms across as he watches the moving pieces of the gathering, squinting as the glare off the water starts the grinding static again.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-05-21 15:00:40 Fawkes rolls 4 to stay awake (10 Again) 4, 9, 6, 1 1 success

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

His skin appears to take on a deep gray color with distinct parallel lines crossing his body, in what almost looks like scars but is much darker then his normal skin but as the same vertical lines connect the horizontal the brickwork pattern becomes clear. His elbows, knees, and hips seem to crack and creak as he moves and if he stretches one can swear they see the outlines of gears but they seem to be missing on second glance. His midsection bears a jagged and broken looking scar that looks as though it threatened to tear him in half, looking as thought stone had almost been chipped away.

Rich nodded in appreciation as he snagged one of the cans and qas quick to pop the tab, tipping it back for a good moment, and letting it back down with a sigh as he felt the cool liquid run down his throat.

”When in doubt, cold beer makes the best first impression. I remember when I was fresh out of the thorns, and was working on making an impression with a local spear I was told ‘hey Rich, make sure you take a forty of malt with you, as a peace offerin’’.”

He stopped and licked shook his head while chuckling,

”Go and meet this local big deal, turns out he own this fancy as shit Italian restaurant, and here I am - dumb, young, black kid - offering this guy a cheap forty ounce malt liquor I had picked picked up from a corner store. Thought I was going to get my teeth kicked in before before his guys started busting a gut.”

He stood in front of the Spears, one palm open as he told the story in a surprisingly animated fashion.

”So here I am, sweating bullets, a bunch of goons laughing, and this bigwig - who was actually pretty average height - still fuming. I was ready to curtail and run right out of there. THEN, he starts laughing, I get a little more afraid for a moment before they tell me I got punked. We sit down, do the whole meet and greet, and we end up drinking convenience store malt liquor out of crystal wine glasses. Blew my mind.”

He laughed at his own anecdote, and tipped the can back once more - almost finishing it off.

”Moral of the story is, brought booze as a gift, thought I would get my neck wrung, had it work out, and now I try to always bring a little refreshment as a gift. Must be some sort of glutton for punishment.”

At this point Simone had tagged him for a name, he would oblige.

”Richard Price, but you can call me Rich.”

He offered the woman a hand.

”But, would you mind if I flipped the script here for a moment?”

Once the handshake was done he pointed with his freehand to the cap.

”Oakland or L.A.?”

6. Likes Krakenbox liked this post
    O
    Orion

Orion hadn't thought about it hard, really, but the fact that the Crimson Monarch appreciated the Stella on offer was a bonus. The gargoyle held his tongue, letting the tall Ogre tell his tale about a forty of malt and how fucking scared he was of the other Summers -- only to make it work. His beer was rapidly draining along with the King, though he took it a little slower. You didn't out-drink the King.

"Breaking bread is a tradition as old as time. I just like beer better."

Simple as hell, really, but Price earned a smile as the gargoyle registered his name. Rich Price? Nice. The attention to the baseball cap the other new Summer was rocking was interesting. He was all about the sports, too, but he'd leave it be for now. There was time. Instead, he glanced at Fawkes, considering the guy for a long second. His read on the Elemental had been good; the guy was having a rough time of it, no matter how well he might try to appear. Twitchy. Something to look into later, no doubt. For now, Simone was on the King's radar.

S
    Simone Sangoma

The Darkling shook the King’s hand, appreciating his openness, showing interest in his story. At the question, Simone glanced down to the cap and then back up. Her moonlight fluttered.

“Oakland, all the fucking way,” she replied with a nod. “Although, bit pissed they’re now moving to Vegas. Should’ve stayed in California but money’s money, right?”

Presence
    (Distant)
    Rigid Mask
    Summer Mantle
    (Cloying metallic scent, pressure)
    Fawkes
    Mien Details:

An expressionless humanoid with a sectioned doll-like exoskeleton of sand-blasted glass. He has glass eyes that move and blink, and his mouth moves enough to speak naturally without a speech impediment, but does not emote. Fawkes does have the same hair as his Mask escaping from cracks in his scalp. It is actually magnetized red sand; any facial hair (eyebrows, beard, eyelashes) have to be artificially applied by hand.
    Active Pledges:

Mentorship - Seraphina (Exp. Summer Coronation)

Renewal Required:

Good Neighbours - John Doe (Exp. 04/07)
    Good Neighbours - Maxwell J. Pierce (Exp. 03/26)

PRE

Fawkes focuses on Richard as he talks, eyes brightening a bit as he pays silent attention and nods when the Ogre's attention sweeps to each of them. Once he's made his rounds and the attention is off, the Elemental starts idily plucking the shoots of grass along the edge of the concrete edge of the pool. He places them in a line, nudging them with approximate measurements until it's symmetrical, glass scraping quietly against the grain of stone.

Call me Rich
    Presence
    (Dignified)
    Composure
    (Calm)
    Mantle
    Richard Price

”Beer is bread if you ask me, just goes down a lot smoother - not to mention it is a lot easier to find a bar than a bakery when you are rolling down town past six o’clock. Though, if drinking is your hobby let me know and we can go for a crawl some night.”

Orion seemed to be a man of simple tastes so far, but if he was someone that Rich could share a drink with there would be no complaints from this Ogre. But first there was a more serious manner to take care of.

After a handshake Simone was quick to plunge the dagger into the heart of the King, who stepped back with grimace on his face, his hand over his heart as he took a dramatic step back.

”As a little boy out of South LA, that hurts me so!”

He stepped back up with, straightening himself out.

”Vegas Smegas - send them the Rams, I’ll take the Raiders no matter their record, just please, don’t send Gruden. Though, I have one important question for you.

He paused and postured up a bit, taking in a deep breath, adding some seriousness to the moment.

”Golden State Warriors?”

Rich bled Purple and Gold - Would Simone plunge the dagger into his heart once more? Not that it mattered given their Hoops situation here in Sacramento.

”And before I forget, you both met Fawkes, right? Corporal is a good Spear. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with him. Circe was the other woman who joined us by the gate - brings a lot of energy to the table.

The King was smiles as he made the new Summer’s aware of the other two prominent members. Though one of their actions was very short of ‘acceptable’ even if in jest. Put that one on the back burner though, this was a party after all.

O
    Orion

Orion gave an agreeable grunt to the King's suggestion that they should go drinking. "I'll crawl," he agreed. There would be brewskies. Richard's attention turned to Simone, their banter about sports and Rich's past not quite drawing as much attention as Fawkes, who was sitting there, picking his grass, lining it all up. Internally, he wondered if the Elemental was doing it to calm down or doing it out of some strange obsession. Then again, it could be both, or neither. Elementals had their own thing going on. The fact that he was not immediately engaging in the sports talk was notable; usually, he would have been right there, talking shit and rooting for the Packers, but the mental health of the Corporal took higher precedence in his mind.

"Yep. I was thoroughly vetted. By the Corporal. It was good to meet the Sarge, too. She seems busy. By the way -- was there a Freehold Oath or a Good Neighbour's you wanted?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread