Ended
Watch

Of God's Blood and Burial

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    A
    Atticus James

Atticus James sat in the bowels of one of the largest libraries in Sacramento. Surrounded by him was a pile of books and various open notebooks. Atticus held a cigarette in his left hand and a pen in his right as he reviewed the current book. He scrawls in messy forms of letters and charts and graphs. The notebook is a child's bedroom, mom couldn't find shit, but the kid knows exactly where everything is. Three paper coffee cups sit around him, all empty, but stained from use. He picked them out of the garbage on his way in, helps him to blend in. Just another schmo doing schmo stuff. The gangrel wears a simple gray tee shirt and his standard jeans.

The Gangrel continues his scouring until a look of elation crosses his face, he begins to write something, and then he quickly scribbles it out. "Garbage. Total Garbage," his tone is one of annoyance as he continues his reading. Atticus stops, places both hands on the table, takes a large deep breath and then exhales, and then back to work.

Blushed

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper had finished his watch a while ago, now simply ghosting through the building as his eyes track thousands of titles. He plucks a few here and there out of mild interest, mostly to refresh a memory or see how literature was shifting with global concerns bleeding into textual allegories. There wasn't much deep intellectual inspiration to be had from such things, but it was finger on the pulse of modern culture.

Atticus James' voice somehow sneaks its way through the quieter corners of dusty tomes, the Savage's jaw knotting as instinct overrides for a flicker, the presence of challenge punching him in the gut alongside the Scribe's hunched figure.

Normally Garrett would let him be, but the glimmer of malicious intent has his mouth moving before his consciousness catches up, "I did not expect to run into you." He's wearing a jacket and t-shirt, more suited for blending in than making a point of his presence.

A
    Atticus James

Atticus felt Garrett walking up before he saw him, but between being familiar with him, and Atticus' training, his beast barely stirs as Atticus looks up and spins his unlit cigarette in his finger. "Hey kid. Yeah, why's that?" Atticus asked as he turns to face the handsome young man. "Kinda gotta be literate to do what we do," The Gangrel smiles a toothy smile.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper snorts a laugh, "Fair enough, you are doing far better than me in that department." He eyes the scene with interest, a little more animated than usual.

"May I ask what you are getting up to? Or is that personal?" he leans against the book shelf, abandoning the small burden with a new and better distraction.

A
    Atticus James

Atticus just points to the seat across from him, "Sit down," It is as close to an invitation as Atticus James would give.

The non ponce gangrel then begins to spin books around.

First a copy of the DSM-5.
    Next a book titled, An Unquiet Mind.
    Next rather think looking book called, Diagnosis and Treatment of Sociopaths and Clients with Sociopathic Traits, probably a page turner.
    He follows that up with In the Grip of paranoid Schizophrenia.
    Next to last is a copy of a book called Sons of Cain, a book about serial killers.
    And piece de resistance; Pretend Friends

"As you can see, some light reading." What he doesn't spin around is his notebook, this he closes so it cannot be read.

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper hooks a leg underneath as he sits, leaning to peer at the titles. "Hunting Humans is a quick burn if you want more perspective on root patterns of sociopathy escalating to serial murder. You know, to add to your homework," he says with a small smile.

"Why psychiatry, then?"
    There could be a hundred reasons regarding their covenant, or maybe it was simply that Atticus liked understanding why people did things.

A
    Atticus James

"I'll add it to the list," Atticus says with a nod. "Everybody's got a switch. I want to understand it better."

Atticus knew that first hand, humans and kindred alike. Like really first hand... For kindred it tends to be more decisive, but something has snap somewhere in order for a person to get into that dark violent state.

"You got madness in you Prosper?"

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

The Savage brightens, "Oh! Fun. Are you going to sling a diagnosis?" he crosses both legs now as his smile shows teeth, "We all do, do we not? It is sort of why we all swore an oath. I drink a lot. And I talk a lot." He quirks an eyebrow, "Does that count?"

He palms his phone for a moment to check something, then flicks his attention back, "What about you? You seem to be on the right path of understanding that nastiness."

A
    Atticus James

"Yep, no need to swing the diagnosis stick. You already hit it. People like us, who don't recognize that madness in us, that cause problems. Or think they can run from it, or fight it. Better to understand it."

Atticus opens up his notebook and flips through it, "Yeah, I think the booze is a mask and the voice is a shield. As for me and my path."

Atticus hands Garrett a news clipping from the notebook about three men being assaulted by another group of men. "We all have our own ways..."

Supplicant of Terror
    Presence
    (Gregarious)
    Garrett Prosper

PRE

Prosper chuckles, "Dancing and masks go hand in hand." He cocks his head with curiosity as Atticus roots through his notebook, taking the report as he slowly reads it over.

The dots don't connect immediately, eyes flicking from the paper to the Savage in a silent question. After another moment, he snorts at the more obvious conclusion that the Dragon had been involved. "You...incite violence to bait yourself? Or are you meeting some other need beyond a study?"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.