DISPLAYED
(DiD) Rural Views

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Beyond the city. Beyond Roseville, even. Alastor knows where the were-cat lurks. Out beyond the rural fringe lies a dilapidated little farm, deep in the woods, hemmed in by hills. The Awakened of Sacramento must penetrate this little world. And they must find a way to confront or make friends with the were-creatures that live there.

@Cross Alastor Vincent Winter Kelreth Langdon Juris Matrixchild

Your adventure starts here. I suggest one round of posting to gather and then we can get to it. I'm assuming you're just going to drive right up to the property but please note, that is not the only way to tackle this

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

Find the place? Easy, especially for the Unchained, whose control over Space grew and grew as each passing day went by. Near to the place where it was all to happen, Alastor waited for the others. He stared off into the distance and imagined a huge square around the place, a little perimeter to alert him as to comings and goings, and pealing out the words of power made manifest the First Talon's will so that he would know when a being was coming or going from his gigantic square of detection.

Naturally, Alastor was well-prepared. His vicious kusuri-gama on his hip and his shotgun slung over one shoulder, with his undercover vest on beneath a simple black t-shirt, the ensemble was completed with aviators, rugged black cargo pants and a set of athletic shoes. A combat knife was strapped to the inside of his ankle and his cellular telephone was set to silent in his pocket.

Patience.

The others would be here soon.

Just to register it at the outset:

1) Equipment is listed in narration above.

2) Rituals are in the character sheet.

3) Whenever we're in appropriate range, Alastor will cast a 256 yard radius Intrusion Warning around the greater property. I would, if it's acceptable, like to include Mind 1 conjunctional piece to allow him to restrict the Warning to detect whenever creatures capable of sentient thought cross the barrier. If that is not acceptable, then I'll restrict the Warning to ping me whenever a creature of size 2 or less comes or goes through the barrier. The idea of the spell is to let me know and where something is breaching the line so we can pursue if need be. What works for you?

J
    Juris

This was not Juris's normal environment. Instead of a suit he wore jeans and a t-shirt, to make himself comfortable for what was to come. Tennis shoes were on his feet. As Juris approached though he spotted his fellow Mastigos. As he drew near he offered him a quick nod and a "hey." he had merely been invited to the party. He was just hear to assist in any way he could.

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze parks his truck about a half mile away and walks in the rest of the way. He's wearing a padded, brown leather jacket; loose and comfortable black trousers and solid black shirt and athletic shoes. He did NOT bring his Katana as Winter had specifically requested. He does have a satchel over his shoulder with a paramedic, medical kit inside.

Kaze nods to Alastor silently when he arrives. He says, "Hi." to Juris.

Spells

Exceptional Success for Body Control

Inventory

Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

The Moros walks to the others a bit sweaty and a bit grumpy. That had been a mistake to walk. Langdon comes to a stop with his messenger bag thumping one last time against his back. Inside are his notebook, pen, and ritual knife. Phone on silent the Stalker nods to the others.

"Hey, hope we don't need that shotgun today." Alastor without that shotgun wouldn't be Alastor. Then Langdon looks at Juris. "Thanks for coming out for this."

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Alastor doesn't have enough skill in Mind to do a Combined spell just yet. You can still go ahead with Intrusion Warning as you suggest though Cross

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

(Sense Consciousness)Mana 1 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

Took him a while to park his car where nobody could notice it. On his way back to the group, he took the time to scan his surroundings and to array a few lines of defense over his pattern, lest things turn violently and they get jumped. It was a good hideaway, the Guardian thinks between words of power. Inconspicuous and tucked in a little corner amid the fallow fields, the polar opposite of the Circle. The Obrimos decides he likes it, the buildings could be dilapidated, but there was an air of georgic simplicity to the area. It reminded him of the cottage he used to bring the girls to on the shores of Lake Cheyenne.
    His mind eye pings, it's a menagerie of different creatures, from the most simple insect to his own companions appearing at the edge of his sight, a hundred yards away. Luckily, he's more than able to separate the signal from the noise. "Looks like we're all here", he says, greeting the others with a nod.

Rolls

Stats

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

Nodding to the others, the First Talon shot a wry smile at Langdon. "Here's hoping," he agreed. "Any of you folks a Disciple of Mind? Making me incognito would be super handy in case shit goes bad, so I can actually carry without seeming all threatening. I'm planning to let the talkers do the talking." He glanced to Juris for that. The Silver Ladder would get to Do His Thing on this most auspicious of occasions.

"I've laid out a detection system that'll let me know if things come or go from within about five hundred yards of the central point of the farm. That'll help me pick up if there are any runners - but first and foremost, let's try diplomacy."

Today was a day for words, not violence. They needed information if they were to get anywhere.

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

The sweaty Moros nods to Winter. Looks like he had been smarter about things. At Alastor's question Langdon shakes his head. "I'm not proficient at any level of the Mind arcanum. Predominately Matter with a bit of Space."

"Following your leads. Let me know if you need anything changed." Though hopefully this will be quiet so that Langdon can ask questions, many questions.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    J
    Juris

Juris watched as everyone arrived, then focused on Alastor. "I'm fine talking, but I'm not really sure what all of this is about. Can you guys tell me a little about what the goal is so I can guide things in the right direction?" Hard to talk your way into or out of something when you didn't know what was or was not trouble.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread