Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Merits Talk

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Just a heads up; I know in the past some of the STs have encouraged Final Fantasy Requiem, but as the exalted one once said:

"Homey don't play dat."

I Spy
    I'm going to strongly discourage people from carrying things Obfuscated over size 2. Yes, you can, but let me point out the following:
    1) It's hard to walk with a katana, or sit down. Moving/adjusting it would call attention to it.
    2) Sure, maybe your dice pool rocks, but sooner or later the odds will catch up. Carrying something that isn't easily concealed is going to be a Breach when those odds docatch up.
    3) If there's no downside to lochaber axes or Barret 82's, we'd all carry them. And then we'd all be the same.

Draw!
    Likewise, in my venue, I'm capping Quick Draw items at size 2 or less. I know the book says 'melee weapons'. The idea of Reflexively grabbing that lochaber axe makes me roll my eyes so hard it hurts. Ditto for bows and that Barret 82.
    1) Because it's common sense.
    2) If there's no downside to lochaber axes or Barret 82's, we'd all carry them. And then we'd all be the same.

Again -- this is just for my venue (Vampire). Just thought I'd give everyone the heads up that there are some minor changes.

Thanks
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

S
    Steven

this makes sense to me.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

i dont know what a lochaber axe is but it reminds me of the lobos from World War Z

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Wot? 'Is wee shillelagh?

The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

nifty pole arm

lobos are great on zombies

Aaron van Valen
    Aaron van Valen

Dragon Lord

About Quick Draw: Does this count for toons made from now on, or for everyone?

Because the merit is useless then, for some people who've bought Quick Draw, next to a specialty in a bigger weapon...
    Not a native speaker - always aiming to improve

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Some of you have noticed I've been a bit more strict with XP purchases, when you get over 3 dots. It's definitely a direction I'm moving in, and will now include Skills. There's also been talk about how to learn things, particularly Fighting Style Merits.

Oh noes West what will we do?! You hard-assed bastard!

I'm glad you asked.

Enter the least used Merit on the site: the Mentor.

Mentor's will be able to teach a number of areas of expertise equal to their rating, up to the level of their rating.

Mentor 1 - 1 area at 1
    Mentor 2 - 2 areas at 2
    etc

An Area of Expertise will be a Skill, Merit, or Power. Powers (Disciplines, Devotions, etc) & FS will cost twice normal.

Mentor 2 = 2 areas at 2 or 1 Discipline at 2

* Clan signature Disciplines are not allowed to be learned from Mentors
    * Covenant secrets are not allowed to be learned from Mentors

Questions? Fire away.

Knot
    Theo
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    Theo

Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks (Roguish Good Looks) 2

How will people in the appropriate Covenants lean the secret magick powers in play, if not via Mentor? Unless there's a PC with one of the Sorceries at 5, there's no one to teach them.
    no offense but do i look like i understand anything?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I'm hand waving that their spiritual enlightenment will unlock the secrets, which is still subject to the Status requirement.

I have a few questions.

• Is this a strict rule?

• If a PC teaches you do you still have to pay for mentor?

• Are there situations when this is exempt. For example lets say Katrina has been using Expression alot. Is it reasonable to say her dots in expression could go up due to the amount she has used it?

• Does it include in clan disciplines? They are abilitys locked in your blood, would be harsh to say we had to also purchase mentor to go with it.

• Wouldn't this un-naturally develop characters? I look at what Katrina has used a fair bit. For example none of her disciplines have advanced because she has not used them. If she used protean alot more I could justify that 4th dot. Another example is Brawl, if your character gets in a few fights i.e the brood for example. Is it not reasonable that they could gain the 4th or 5th dot from that? As they could have learnt from that combat experience?
    Matt - Werewolf Storyteller
    Pronouns: He/ Him

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread